Mods and goodies you wouldn't do again

• The second mod was a big one, 2 years ago today November 22, 2018 I installed a Mean Sling Sport top - - I got it because my wife hates the sun and I thought it would get her to ride with me more on longer trips - - well she did go with me on one trip to a slingshot event in Fallbrook, but other than that weekend, and some test driving I did, the top has spent 2 years hanging on hooks against a wall in my garage - - today I finally decided to remove the mounting hardware from my sling and I disassembled the top and put it away to free up space

It may be interesting to note that we have come to use our MeanSling Sport Top not in the conventional sense as a sunshade, (actually it spends most of the summer months also stashed away), but we have discovered an alternate use where we have found that it keeps the passenger compartment warmer and less turbulent during our off-season riding. Though, that would also be superfluous in your neck of the woods, Edward Neal!

Bill

• It may be interesting to note that we have come to use our MeanSling Sport Top not in the conventional sense as a sunshade, (actually it spends most of the summer months also stashed away), but we have discovered an alternate use where we have found that it keeps the passenger compartment warmer and less turbulent during our off-season riding. Though, that would also be superfluous in your neck of the woods, Edward Neal!

Bill

I never even put it on (other than to test fit) after switching to the double bubble windshields - - just didn't see much point and I was also concerned if that much airflow might cause problems with the top

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I believe you are correct, the double bubbles and the Sport Top would not make a compatible combination.

Bill

I was just thinking that I don't believe I have ever seen anyone running any top in combination with the OEM double bubble windshields - - If I am not mistaken the only Slingshots that were actually sold by Polaris with the OEM Double bubbles already installed were the 2015 nuclear orange editions and most people who who wanted a top probably also switched to a full windshield

As a side note I would love to hear from anyone who is actually running the double bubbles with a top - - I would love to here what they think

• My sling is a 16 SL LE (black) and it came with double bubbles -- I put a roof on it a couple of weeks after I got it -- I did pick up a medium size windshield to run in the early spring and fall but as soon as the weather gets warm I put the bubbles back on --- now that I live in florida most of the time I only run the medium windscreen in late Dec,, Jan and Feb. I also run with the top off during those months.

• I have double bubbles, SW Florida, top keeps the heat from pounding our heads, and bubbles let in lots of cool air. Stock ripper on shelf in garage.
    Top is smoked plexiglass from Fab Factory

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• My sling is a 16 SL LE (black) and it came with double bubbles -- I put a roof on it a couple of weeks after I got it -- I did pick up a medium size windshield to run in the early spring and fall but as soon as the weather gets warm I put the bubbles back on --- now that I live in florida most of the time I only run the medium windscreen in late Dec,, Jan and Feb. I also run with the top off during those months.

thanks for the info - can you tell me which top you are running? - and any pictures?

• I have double bubbles, SW Florida, top keeps the heat from pounding our heads, and bubbles let in lots of cool air. Stock ripper on shelf in garage.

I like it - unfortunately I don't think that those tops are available anymore - at least I don't see them on any of the vendor sites - - - - its one of the tops I always kind of liked

• [quote='Edward Neal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9678-mods-and-goodies-you-wouldn-t-do-again/&postID=345537#post345537']

I have double bubbles, SW Florida, top keeps the heat from pounding our heads, and bubbles let in lots of cool air. Stock ripper on shelf in garage.

I like it - unfortunately I don't think that those tops are available anymore - at least I don't see them on any of the vendor sites - - - - its one of the tops I always kind of liked

[/quote]

No, got it in 2018 right when Fab Factory stopped making sling parts.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.

• I might have to go with those seat things I had them in a car once that the AC never would stay fixed and they helped. Nothing like driving most of the day doing service calls in a hot car wearing dress pants and sport coat here in Florida.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• when i picked up my new ss it only came with only 1 fob. since 95 all of the harleys that i owned had 2 therefore i had to have 2 and bought an extra one. this was before i realized how easy it was to start the motor with a code.

once i went to the dealer i was informed that i could return the unused fob.

• I've made a couple mods/purchases that I regretted, but those were poor decisions rather than poor products. The one thing I really don't care for so far is the Slinglines dual cup holder (https://www.slingmods.com/pola…visor?search=cup%20holder). It looks cheap = the plastic has a glossy/cheap-looking finish. The cup holders themselves are too shallow, so you're worried anything but a soda can is going to fall right out of it. To add insult to injury, I'm tall so the sunshade for the screen that I thought I'd like, blocks the top of the screen from view....I use it to stuff my gloves in.

• I have a 30 oz RTIC aluminum insulated cup that I hope to be able to use in that shade. I was at least able to buy it used from a Forum member. Hopefully I can use my 30 oz cup, but have found some smaller sizes if I need to switch, but I love the 30 oz size for how much ice it holds and how long it keeps drink cold.

Update - Due to how I mounted my NASCAR style Windshield from AllThingsSlingshot, I need to remove the windshield to get the painted covers off so I can install the radio shade with cup holders. I'll try to remember to post pics with the large TRIC cup to show how it fits.

Edited once, last by BKL ().