iPhone update issues..

• I own an iPhone 8+ and last week it updated to 14.1

Ever since the battery life falls like a rock.....I can never understand why these companies always try to get cute with all the latest and greatest When they can never get the first Operating system. Then the try to impress you with their update corrections.....and something else goes wrong......why can’t they stop being cleaver and just get it right.....

so I sent this message to them complaining about it....

I just sent this email to Apple....

I can guarantee if you don’t fix the battery drain issue my next phone will never be an Apple phone....and for the record I love this phone.....but for some reason every time you get cute with all the new features, you can’t get it right ever. Can’t tell if it’s on purpose or not but it sure seems funny...

No I’m not erasing my entire phone to fix a problem that should have never been an issue.....I guess quality control doesn’t exist, you mean to tell me nobody in the entire company tested the software for a battery drain issue that happens with every update? Who’s in charge of the screw up department?

This is very disappointing from a customer standpoint. I’ll be waiting for the fix.

I’m sure nobody is going to pass this complaint up the line to somebody that matters....they don’t want fired ....

• Apple. The gift that keeps on TAKING.

Never had an Apple product. Never will.

Overpriced, over rated.

I can download more free stuff for Android or Windows than can you overpay for on Apple.

• my wife and I both have iPhone XR's and have been on iOs 14.1 since the day it was released - - no battery problems at all. Put my phone on the charger each night and and in a day of full usage including a good deal of facetime chatting with the kids it almost never drops below 80%

could it be it is just time for a new battery in your iPhone 8 or perhaps you are using some app that doesnt play well with ios 14.1?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I had an Apple phone one time. It told me it was making my house and car payments but made neither. I lost my house, my car, then not surprisingly my job. My wife left me and both my teenage daughters got pregnant. Apple ruined my life! I will never put myself in that position again so without a doubt, my next phone will be a Tesla.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• You might want to consider backing your phone up and then doing a hard reset and then restoring your apps and data - - getting everything fresh might fix your issues

• I had an Apple phone one time. It told me it was making my house and car payments but made neither. I lost my house, my car, then not surprisingly my job. My wife left me and both my teenage daughters got pregnant. Apple ruined my life! I will never put myself in that position again so without a doubt, my next phone will be a Tesla.

LOL

• Bigdog

Just noticed Apple has released iOs 14.2 - - perhaps one of the bug fixes it addresses is your battery issue

I am updating my iPhone Xr as I type this, and the wife's phone is already done

• Apple. The gift that keeps on TAKING.

Never had an Apple product. Never will.

Overpriced, over rated.

I can download more free stuff for Android or Windows than can you overpay for on Apple.

I love it... if this were not a Slingshot forum... one could say the same thing about the Slingshot....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I hope that wasn't really your email... it should read more like an email and not a forum or FB post..

• I hope that wasn't really your email... it should read more like an email and not a forum or FB post..

that’s exactly how I sent it to Apple....it will probably never be seen by the people that actually matter....and I really don’t think Apple gives a flying f.....what anyone thinks.....companies used to pride themselves on customer service.....if they cared they would be fixing the biggest customer complaints...Instead of ignoring them like it never happened....if they acknowledge them first it means they screwed up and second then they have to fix it......we’ve seen it in the auto industry many times.....vehicles that should have been Recalled for certain problems are simply denied they even exist.....like holding your hands over your eyes and thinking nobody can see you...if I don’t acknowledge it it didn’t happen...

• Aside from all your ramblings, literacy still matters. When one sends a complaint or praise to a company or even an individual it should read as though the sender was sincere.

The majority have lost the literacy we were taught as kids and only have the OMG, WTF and LMFAO in the vocabulary.

I understand the old saying that if one is not bitching they are not happy. Apple has acknowledged the problem and their fix may not be to ones liking.

As for Apple's proposed fix, in perhaps the ultimate "turn it off and on again," the company suggests performing a full Reset of your iPhone. This involves erasing all content and settings, then restoring from an iCloud backup.