New Boss Audio Double-Din MARINE Radio MRCP9865A

• I’m reading the manual for both the stereo and the amp. They both king of go over the wiring as if everybody has done this before and know what they are talking about. Sorry guys but I thought I would be able to take it from there, I guess not. they talk about speaker high and low level output if you hook wires this way or that. Instead of just drawing a diagram on different variations of wiring. You have rca pre amp out puts and you have your harness where I have my speakers hooked up to right now. Do the pre amp outputs go to the amps rca input connectors and the speaker wires go to the speaker connectors on the the amp? Or they mentioned for high output go from your speaker wires and install rca connectors to the speaker wires and plug them into the head unit rca pre output rca connectors, but then how do you hook up the amp? Am I missing something? I will send a picture of the instructions from kicker. And how would you wire in the amp, with a high or low output? Sorry for so many questions, I thought I had this.

• Normally, high-level outputs are when the speaker lines (often as much as 6V) are fed to an amp, while low-level inputs are usually RCA connectors at voltages of less then 1V that connect to the amp via RCA terminals. Either way, the speaker outputs on the amp connect to the individual speakers. If your speaker supports both High- and low-level inputs, it will typically also have a switch to tell the amp whether or not it's getting a High- or low-level input signal. On most amps, High-level inputs are typically just wires that connect to the speaker wires from the radio. If your radio/sound source does NOT have low-level RCA outputs and your amp only has RCA low-level inputs, you can use a line-level converter that will convert the higher voltage high-level speaker outputs to a low-level output so you can connect to your RCA input connectors. Hope this helps.

• Yes and no. It’s not like a normal car radio install but this site and the people on it are a big help with questions, don’t worry about asking to many questions. You will get plenty of questions back if you don’t give enough information for us to help. Like which wiring harness are you talking about, the radio harness that came with the boss or the Scosche back up camera harness or the Metra harness that wires the boss harness into the stock harness where you disconnect the stock radio? Decide first what you want to do like are you gonna add new speakers or an amp…. Once you have a plan then you need to make a list of what you will need right down to how are you gonna connect wires ie.. solder , crimp connectors, type of radio dash mount and so on. I found myself ordering from Amazon every other day because I didn’t plan and it was all new to me at the time also. So start there let me know if that helped any.

• Thinking about it now I’m a dummy and I managed to get it done. Many hours just Staring at the whole dash ripped apart wondering how many extra screws I was gonna end up with at the end and then, ok now what? Back to the drawing board. No really at first it may be alittle intimidating, but don’t let it scare you into not doing it if that’s what you want to do. Look at it this way if it comes apart it can be put back together. And the more you take it apart the better you get at putting it back together. Trust me on that one🤔😵‍💫🤬🥵🥱😴

• I'm not a wiring person and schematics don't help me much. I purchased the boss radio, Scosche wiring harness and Scosche Din from SlingMods. Says it's a plug and play but when I see wires that need to be crimped, I get nervous. I am not installing an aftermarket Amp or speakers. I just wanted to use android auto.

• I would by the metra harness for whatever year sling you have, I think it covers 2015-2018 or 2019 because your gonna use stock speakers. The scosche backup camera wiring harness is plug and play you can watch the install on that from slingmods and the metra harness is color coded just match like colors from boss to metra harness and there will be some wires you don’t use just tape and ends to insulate them. Then plug metra harness in where the stock plugged in. It will take longer taking the parts off and putting them back on the sling then it will to hook up the boss.

• How do you install a switch so you can use the backup camera while moving forward? Also the Scosche harness has an always hot wire and an accessory only wire. Do you need to tap existing ss wires to have the head unit work? Last question, where do you get rocker switches that fit existing dash switch holes?

• How do you install a switch so you can use the backup camera while moving forward? Also the Scosche harness has an always hot wire and an accessory only wire. Do you need to tap existing ss wires to have the head unit work? Last question, where do you get rocker switches that fit existing dash switch holes?

You can get the swiches at Radio Shack

• If you want the camera to work going forward just ground the purple wire I believe. I’ve heard people mention that in some states it’s illegal, but what isn’t nowadays. It’s been awhile since I put mine in so don’t hold me to it.try it with a mock setup then press the camera mode button and put it in 1st gear if the camera stays on your all set. All wires should be labeled from the boss side and the harness should have come with instructions let me get back to you on the constant red

• I'm not a wiring person and schematics don't help me much. I purchased the boss radio, Scosche wiring harness and Scosche Din from SlingMods. Says it's a plug and play but when I see wires that need to be crimped, I get nervous. I am not installing an aftermarket Amp or speakers. I just wanted to use android auto.

Eric, I have the Boss radio receiver on order from slingmods. It's on it's way. The last car sterieo I installed was a Pioneer Supertuner with Jenson triaxlal speakers over 40 years ago :). That said i'n not sure exactly what to expect. I am also installing rear deck (roll hoop) speakers. I believe the speakers will need to be connected by splicing and souldering or crimp connectors. I'm not a fan of crip connectors. I have all the soulder equipment necessary but I have used these with great results and they are super easy, clean and fast. I use a heat gun. Inexpensive, you can get them on Amazon.

• Eric, I have the Boss radio receiver on order from slingmods. It's on it's way. The last car sterieo I installed was a Pioneer Supertuner with Jenson triaxlal speakers over 40 years ago :). That said i'n not sure exactly what to expect. I am also installing rear deck (roll hoop) speakers. I believe the speakers will need to be connected by splicing and souldering or crimp connectors. I'm not a fan of crip connectors. I have all the soulder equipment necessary but I have used these with great results and they are super easy, clean and fast. I use a heat gun. Inexpensive, you can get them on Amazon.

I just used those for the first time to install a new heater blower in my '65 Comet. Very slick and easy to install. I used heat shrink wrap over them for a very tidy look. I'm a fan!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Didn't know something like that existed. I don't like crimps either. I'm not sure what I will do yet for the install. May run rca cables to enable sub hookup someday. But I'm not a music listener. I just got the boss for android auto feature for navigation and phone calls. My radio will be here tomorrow. I haven't started the panel removal yet.

• Didn't know something like that existed. I don't like crimps either. I'm not sure what I will do yet for the install. May run rca cables to enable sub hookup someday. But I'm not a music listener. I just got the boss for android auto feature for navigation and phone calls. My radio will be here tomorrow. I haven't started the panel removal yet.

I'm in it for the android auto, navigation & phone also. A little bit better sound is secondary but nice.

Heat shrink solder butt connector test. - YouTube