A slingshot in good old Germany

• Hi there,

my name is Werner and I am from Bavaria, Germany. Coming from the Seven/Lotus scene (I had a Lotus replica for about 5 years) I needed some new challenge. Therefore I sold my Seven and got myself a slingshot!

Here in Germany, the laws for cars and motorcycles are quite tough - there are restrictions for almost everything individual... Therefore there were only 100 slingshots imported officially in 2016 / 2017 until the import was stopped for "environmental reasons". I was lucky to get one of those now and I am desperately waiting for spring time (in winter its too cold to drive here) and meanwhile looking to get lots of informations for adding some individual items and learning from your experiences in the US. As an example, I found the videos from Sam Owens with lots of useful hints (many thanks Sam, I really appreciate it!!!)

As I said - waiting for spring to come is quite boring and I am somehow envious for you people living in the southern States and being able to drive those cars over the whole year.

If you are interested in my previous Seven please check my videos at "werner.geitner" on youtube.

best regards from good old Germany

Werner

• Hallo Werner.

Willkommen zu unserem Forum, ich bin im Schwabenland aufgewachsen, und war für vier Jahre in Landsberg Lech stationiert.

You are definitely at the right place, if you have any question just post it.

Ich bin der Dieter

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Welcome to the forums! There’s a ton of great people here with a TON of combined knowledge. Make sure you check out the DIY section. You’ll find a lot of good info and ideas in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Greetings Toerm !

Welcome to the forum! Hope you find the information you need to weather the winter.

We all love the Slingshot !

Checked out some of your videos.

Only got one question...

WHY???

^^^^^^:D

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Welcome to the forum! I remember visiting Nuremberg during a Viking River cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest in Spring 2014 and being impressed with seeing more motorcycles than I saw in any other city during the cruise. Unfortunately, the city streets seemed too narrow to easily cruise around in a Slingshot. In September 2017, we took a Baltic Cruise, boarding the ship in Warnemuende. We had flown in to Berlin Tegel airport, which opened while we were stationed in West Berlin in the mid-1970s. After the cruise, we returned to Berlin and spent several days visiting sites we hadn't seen in 40 years. We had a good time and I got to eat plenty of currywurst, broetchen and pomme friites mit mayo! Made me wish I'd had my Slingshot there to drive around in. My first name is Berlin and the Germans didn't believe it was my name until I would show them my ID. When we were stationed in West Berlin, my Wife was in the US Air Force and I was in the US Army and we've always felt those years were the most professionally satisfying years of our careers. I'm sure my Wife would love to go back to visit again.

• Hi airoutlaw,

what do you mean with WHY? why I sold the seven or why I bought a slingshot?

I guess next year in summer, you will find some pretty videos of a slingshot driving round in germany on you tube...

Werner

• Welcome to the forum! I remember visiting Nuremberg during a Viking River cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest in Spring 2014 and being impressed with seeing more motorcycles than I saw in any other city during the cruise. Unfortunately, the city streets seemed too narrow to easily cruise around in a Slingshot. In September 2017, we took a Baltic Cruise, boarding the ship in Warnemuende. We had flown in to Berlin Tegel airport, which opened while we were stationed in West Berlin in the mid-1970s. After the cruise, we returned to Berlin and spent several days visiting sites we hadn't seen in 40 years. We had a good time and I got to eat plenty of currywurst, broetchen and pomme friites mit mayo! Made me wish I'd had my Slingshot there to drive around in. My first name is Berlin and the Germans didn't believe it was my name until I would show them my ID. When we were stationed in West Berlin, my Wife was in the US Air Force and I was in the US Army and we've always felt those years were the most professionally satisfying years of our careers. I'm sure my Wife would love to go back to visit again.

Hi BKL,

should you happen to return to Germany let me know. Would love to eat some REALLY good German sausages with you and show you round - maybe in a slingshot...

Werner