Ugh.....Slingshot Forums Moderation

• You really can't make this kind of crap up. :thumbdown: This is why Slingshot Forums attendance is dropping:

"promotion of competing sites and/or any other forums is not allowed" - I chuckled on that one.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• What was the link pointing to that they pulled off the forum? Was it a page in the service manual? Or a link to another site? Just curious..

In my case, it was this:

The exact same thing @Tripod got hit for. I posted the site info since we have a write up covering what the OP had questions about.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• AHHHH, I see . So you were linking to a HOW-TO on this site and they don't allow that...

Sad... I never block their site.

I guess they don't want people getting any answers to their questions.

Exactly....I mentioned we had a HOW-TO here and uploaded the site banner since they block the Web address here. Then I got my hand slapped. Looks like I won't provide any info over there anymore.

• Huh, if you are moderator for the dark side, and somebody posts you should move to the bright side, what do you expect? There are other ways. I have moved a 1/2 dozen or so, and haven't given up. More to come.

Not sure I understand the kerfuffle that got all this started, but if I'm over here, which I am, I will drag others across the abyss. The action is here. Just need to get folks over one at a time. If we are here, and not there anymore, there doesn't matter. No sense to fuss 'bout it. Kinda like cussin' 'bout your ex-wife. If it is over, it is over. Why doesn't matter 'cause it is over.

Respect the power of degrees of separation. If you tell a few, and each of the few tell a few, and so on, the job is done. People vote with their feet. I'm here because my friends are here, not from dislike of a rodent.

• AHHHH, I see . So you were linking to a HOW-TO on this site and they don't allow that...

Sad... I never block their site.

I guess they don't want people getting any answers to their questions.

They didn't sanction me yet for posting this comment about Tripod being missing.

<Quote> Yea, I think Tripod is ok. He got run over by a hedgehog and is hanging out with his slingshot buddies. Hope that's not too much info for you in this .com world we live in.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Not true. If you are not an active forum user, which many are not, you are clueless. We all have lives away from our slings. Hear the crickets, yet don't know where everyone else went.

Befriend someone. Our community is just as cool as our rides. Friends don't let friends ride or wrench alone. That is wrong.

One rescue was somebody I already knew. The rest are friends I plan to meet for the first time in the future.

• IMHO nothing has changed over ther at all. In fact the list of issues that tripod posted and was given assurances would be looked at and replied to ... Has never been mentioned again as far as I have seen.

• They didn't sanction me yet for posting this comment about Tripod being missing.

<Quote> Yea, I think Tripod is ok. He got run over by a hedgehog and is hanging out with his slingshot buddies. Hope that's not too much info for you in this .com world we live in.

Subtle.....very subtle........ :00007555::00000436:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi