Phone Mount and wiring

• I have installed a MadStad windshield and now it is time for a ram mount or something to hold my phone. I have read some older posts on the subject but would like to hear some fresh thoughts on the matter.

I would like to mount the phone holder directly to the windshield bracket. I also would like to clean up the wiring and not have a wire hanging across the cockpit to the glove box.

Just looking for some thoughts from this community of what some people have done. Thanks in advance for all your help and input.:thumbsup:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Just a heads up - if you dont always have a top on your slingshot heat can be an issue

Back when I first got my Slingshot I tried a phone mount that went on the windshield center support. I literally only used it one day before I decided that location just wouldn't work for me - with the phone sitting in the direct sun and the windshield directing the wind flow up and over the phone it allowed the phone to get much too hot - it was summer here and my phone over heated and shutdown after about 15 minutes.

I now have my phone mount down where it stays out of the sun near the shifter on a magnetic mount

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just a heads up - if you dont always have a top on your slingshot heat can be an issue

Back when I first got my Slingshot I tried a phone mount that went on the windshield center support. I literally only used it one day before I decided that location just wouldn't work for me - with the phone sitting in the direct sun and the windshield directing the wind flow up and over the phone it allowed the phone to get much too hot - it was summer here and my phone over heated and shutdown after about 15 minutes.

I now have my phone mount down where it stays out of the sun near the shifter on a magnetic mount

Yea, but you're in Palm Springs where it rarely gets below 100 degrees in the shade.

Back to 123hotdog ,

I did the same sort of thing as MACAWS but ran the wire down through a different spot. If you go to the engine side of the dash just in front of that mount, you'll see a hole already there. I used it. But I agree on the water thing - there are also holes under the two triangular side trim pieces that let water drip in on to the stereo - ask me how I know!

• I attached these RAM balls to the support and added a dual USB port just below the GPS - it is barely visible in this photo. A phone could be attached just as easy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• this is where I put my phone - double ended magnetic mount - - aside from the heat issue I mentioned above having it in this location also keeps the glare down

i-DLTf8zx-X2.jpg

• FWIW: I used the DDM mount the same way as MACAWS showed in a post above on my 2020 model R. I mounted a control head for my Ham radio on the mount and ran the cable through the opening on the bottom of the mount. Of course, I had to cut a small hold where that opening is located in the mount. After I ran the cable through to the engine compartment. I got some black RTV and sealed the opening to keep any water from going through. I have the tall windshield and the DDM mount supports it without any screw. It has a piece of rubber where it meets the windshield and is a tight fit. You can see pics posted where I showed how I did the Amateur Radio installation elsewhere on this site.

• Where you live and how you ride makes a lot of difference on how you want your Slingshot set up. We all have different wants and needs. The phone is just a small example, when I'm in the Slingshot NO phone needed - leave me alone for just a little while.

actually I agree very much with this - the only reason I ever put my phone on the mount is because it is my GPS - - I use the Sygic app which uses tom tom 2d & 3d maps and works offline without any need for cell service

Last thing I want when I am in my slingshot is phone calls