2020 Bulletin T-20-1

• So I've been seeing the bulletin for the 2020 Slingshots T-20-01 Oil Volume and PCV fitting. From what I have been reading, it isn't an immediate need for repair and the manufacturer hasn't issued a repair for it yet but I can't find anymore info on the actual problem.

Anybody know what the problem is, what it affects, etc? Just looking for a better explanation.

• Here is what's changing: the new PCV valve is on the top with the really small hole, the original one is on the bottom. The new dipstick is Orange, old one is Yellow. The new dipstick is a little longer and has a twist to it. The new Slings will now run 6 qts of oil instead of 5.

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• Had the Change done to Orange dipstick, new PCV and 6 quart capacity in summer 2021 ! Since then I have noticed oil on my driveway ! (New Driveway May 2021). Elevated my 2020 SL to take pics for Polaris Dealer to get case opened. Hope they cover this under warranty. I am wondering if prior to the fix, did the reduced oil volume and oversize PCV Valve allow vacuum in front of front Main Seal to suck road grit etc. into the front seal causing wear and the leak ! If Polaris will not fix under warranty may either pull engine and fix myself ! I lost a quart of oil since they did the fix. Still above add line on dipstick but at bottom of the cross hatch. The pics were taken after cleaning oil pan and bottom of motor with soap and water. Also completed Oil Change to 6 qts new 5W50 and new oil filter !

Anyone else notice Oil Leaks after the new PCV upgrade ?

• Had the Change done to Orange dipstick, new PCV and 6 quart capacity in summer 2021 ! Since then I have noticed oil on my driveway ! (New Driveway May 2021). Elevated my 2020 SL to take pics for Polaris Dealer to get case opened. Hope they cover this under warranty. I am wondering if prior to the fix, did the reduced oil volume and oversize PCV Valve allow vacuum in front of front Main Seal to suck road grit etc. into the front seal causing wear and the leak ! If Polaris will not fix under warranty may either pull engine and fix myself ! I lost a quart of oil since they did the fix. Still above add line on dipstick but at bottom of the cross hatch. The pics were taken after cleaning oil pan and bottom of motor with soap and water. Also completed Oil Change to 6 qts new 5W50 and new oil filter !

Anyone else notice Oil Leaks after the new PCV upgrade ?

Yes, on my 2020 and after the recall was done, and they finally discovered that the front crankshaft pulley seal was the problem and several other Slingshots were reporting the same problems with some worse than others and it is covered under the warranty!!

Can't believe they have not made another Bulletin or recall yet??

They were also having problems getting the parts, but check with your dealership and make the appointment!!