Polaris Slingshot Side View Mirror Turn Signals Full install Part 2

• Ok, we continue with my install.
    Here are more pics of the wiring along my mirror supports:

Once I was happy with how I routed my wires, I went to work on the Steering column. Fully lower the steering column to make it easier to get to all the screws and remove the upper cover half. Step 20 of the instructions say to remove three screws. There are actually 4 screws. 2 T-25 Torx screws under the steering column:

and 2 T-30 Torx screws located on the sides of the cover.Removing these two screws will be easier if you have a 1/4" drive T-30 Torx socket driver and 1/4" drive ratchet:

Once I removed those 4 screws, I located the electrical connector behind the speedo and disconnected it. It's kind of a tight fit but not super hard to work on. I used a small straight bladed screw driver to carefully open the connector halves, and not break the fragile little posts that keep it snapped together. Using the supplied wire taps, I stripped the ends of the LED wires and easily connected them per the instructions. I really liked those wire taps!!!!:

Once I tested the turn signals and emergency blinkers, I closed connector halves, connected it back into the speedo connector, and retested the lights to be sure it was connected properly to the speedo. Once that checked out, I buttoned everything up on the steering column (I used some never-seize on the screw threads to help them thread back in without stripping).
    Once I finished up with the steering column, I proceeded to wire tie the wires neatly along the mirror supports and wiring harness along the firewall, using my own BLACK wire ties. I DID NOT USE the white wire ties that were supplied with the kit. I thought they would look like ass if used on the black mirror supports!!! If you have white mirror supports, these will be perfect, but for the rest of us......why wouldn't they have been black????
    That's it, here is the lights working wonderfully:

Start to finish, this took me almost 2 hours. Not bad, since I'm rather anal, and take my time doing things. The lights are nice looking, and quite bright. Time will tell as to how well the adhesive strips hold the lights to the mirrors.
    Overall, I like this kit. The included instructions were well written with pictures. The only error was Step 20 (there are 4 screws, not 3 as written). I would also hope that they include Black wire ties in future kits, instead of the White ones. Otherwise, you should make sure to have plenty of your own black ones on hand. Hope this helps others if they are thinking about buying these lights!!!
    The End
    [/quote]

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Thanks @JimM!! The only thing I've had to do so far, is apply some RTV Silicone to sticky side of the lights and press them back onto the mirrors. I had noticed the lights were getting kind of loose (usually happens with sticky tape and plastic), so I used my old faithful silicone, and they haven't budged since.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi