Cold weather advice please

• I will have a far from perfect situation this winter as I will be staying in Leavenworth, Washington where temps stay below freezing for days at a time. The apartment with garage I will be moving into won't be finished until May so the Sling will be outside at the RV park.

I have the original battery so I'll disconnect it and replace it next spring. I have the trailer cover.

What else do I need to do with these low temperatures?

Thanks in advance!

• Anita just be sure to check the water/antifreeze to make sure it's set for cold temps. I understand that mice hate 'Irish Spring' soap so put a bar of it under the hood and in the cock pit.   

• from a really bad experience with a motorcycle cover.....and the rust it created during the winter.....I always make sure my slingshot cover doesn't touch their ground So air can flow under it to evaporate any moisture that can condense under it.... Keep a battery tender on the battery....top off the gas tank and use gas treatment...

• adventure4me I have a primitive pole barn (no electricity, gravel floor) in Woodland, WA that is 36 x 48 and pretty much empty except for my CJ5 and some of my neighbor's equipment that could be relocated. If it was a workable solution for you, I'd me more than happy to store your Sling until you have a place for it. I could also trailer it down for you if that helps. Let me know if you're interested and I can get in touch with you to discuss it. Cheers! Doug

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• If you don’t take up Dougs’ offer, just check the fluids/antifreeze, top off the fuel and add a can of Stabil, put the battery on life support and cover her up with your cover. Ours survived in the driveway for the first winter. Built the carport the next spring. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• adventure4me I have a primitive pole barn (no electricity, gravel floor) in Woodland, WA that is 36 x 48 and pretty much empty except for my CJ5 and some of my neighbor's equipment that could be relocated. If it was a workable solution for you, I'd me more than happy to store your Sling until you have a place for it. I could also trailer it down for you if that helps. Let me know if you're interested and I can get in touch with you to discuss it. Cheers! Doug

SlingLow, thank you for your kind offer. If you were closer, I'd take you up on it!

Hoping after I get settled in next year we can meet up for a ride.

• My wife and I were just discussing Leavenworth yesterday as a possible destination for a weekend getaway. For those not familiar, Leavenworth is a Bavarian themed town nestled in the foothills of the Cascade mountains in Washington State that is famous for it's holiday cheer and decorations for the Christmas season. Quite beautiful with the snow and festivals but also a fun and worthwhile destination year 'round.

And my offer stands. Let me know if I can help you out in any way!

See the source image

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)