Anybody have any idea if the 2020 Angle Drive will fit older models

• If you do not want it, then do not take it and you will have done your part. You do know that this is the way we roll on this FORUM with our friends. I have a set of shocks that were gifted to me that cost more than that angle drive and then I gifted a set of QA-1's to someone else it is just the way it is. Try that somewhere else. The only things that I have sold was a new carpet set for the SS and the luggage racks that I had made, even then I did not make any money off of either. Get over it. "Take or Leave It

I have bought things from other owners and felt they deserved more money than they had asked, so I paid a little more on my own. I was happy and presumably the seller was also happy. I felt I was getting my money's worth. If someone wants to give something away, that is their choice.

Should I end up being offered an angle drive, I have no problem paying a reasonable price since I still save money. At this point in time, I'm still not sure the problem is my angle drive, although I have a strong feeling it is. I have nothing to get over. Everyone has the right to handle their own affairs. I just wanted to point out that it is possible to help someone else while still helping yourself. I'm not the type to deliberately irritate others, so, sorry if I upset you.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I have bought things from other owners and felt they deserved more money than they had asked, so I paid a little more on my own. I was happy and presumably the seller was also happy. I felt I was getting my money's worth. If someone wants to give something away, that is their choice.

Should I end up being offered an angle drive, I have no problem paying a reasonable price since I still save money. At this point in time, I'm still not sure the problem is my angle drive, although I have a strong feeling it is. I have nothing to get over. Everyone has the right to handle their own affairs. I just wanted to point out that it is possible to help someone else while still helping yourself. I'm not the type to deliberately irritate others, so sorry if I upset you.

No problem, I just thought you should have sent him a message. One on One

• I made a new recording of what I think is my angle drive noise. This time I used a microphone that was secured to the front of my angle drive near the u-joint. The noise I'm concerned about is the high pitched grinding noise that is most prominent starting around the 12-15 second point of the video.

• My angle drive has always had a metallic bell-like "whine" at around 40 MPH. Probably some resonance as it doesn't happen at other speeds. I've changed lubricants and it still "rings", though it's not objectionable... It's hard to tell from your video, but your angle drive noise sounds more "raspy" -- it could be the bearings supporting the bevel gear shaft. I believe that noise from the angle drive is a given since Polaris mixed a constant velocity bearing (on the engine side) with a simple U-joint (on the angle drive side) on their short driveshaft... U-Joint rotational speeds aren't even with any angular deflection, unless they're used in pairs offset by 90 degrees where the rotational speed differences cancel each other out....

• This noise just showed up a couple weeks after the second angle drive lube replacement using Redline Heavy Shockproof which I also used the first time. I thought I had refilled it properly, but when I tried a second time to top it off, I was able to add about 8 more ounces which means I may have driven it a couple thousand miles with the fluid level only about 2/3 full. I find it odd that securing the microphone so it directly touches the angle drive was quieter than using my cell phone's microphone when resting in one of the cupholders. The noise now bugs me to the point that I'm afraid it's going to break during one of my rides.

• DDM's angle brace girdle (DDM uploaded pics in another thread) may at least give you some peace of mind... With that girdle, if a bearing spins at least the angle drive won't blow-up and you should be able to get home. DDM hasn't put this new brace on their website yet for ordering... I've currently got the ZZPerformance angle drive brace, but I'll be replacing it with the DDM brace as soon as DDM makes it available... One ZZPerformace angle drive brace user had their angle drive blow up... At least the ZZPerformance brace kept the driveshaft from detaching and causing more damage -- but it didn't keep the angle drive in one piece...

• DDM's angle brace girdle (DDM uploaded pics in another thread) may at least give you some peace of mind... With that girdle, if a bearing spins at least the angle drive won't blow-up and you should be able to get home. DDM hasn't put this new brace on their website yet for ordering... I've currently got the ZZPerformance angle drive brace, but I'll be replacing it with the DDM brace as soon as DDM makes it available... One ZZPerformace angle drive brace user had their angle drive blow up... At least the ZZPerformance brace kept the driveshaft from detaching and causing more damage -- but it didn't keep the angle drive in one piece...

If the angle drive is going to go, it's going to go and no brace is going to keep the angle drive 100% in tact if it lets loose.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I've been in the process of trying to fit some Hella Classic 90mm Headlight units in place of the Slingshot's stock Auxiliary headlights and the Canadian Headlight units and took my Slingshot out for the first time since the end of October and my angle drive was making an unbelievable amount of noise. I'm at the point that every ride I wonder if I'll make it back home w/o problem.

DDM Works' Black Friday sale got me to thinking/dreaming about their Quad kit, but it looks like by the time I add in the 3.27 Limited Slip Differential and new matching coilovers on the front, getting close to $8K and while I have paid down my credit card, that still represent a significant amount of new debt that I'm not sure I really want to take on. TBH, I like the thought of a Quad conversion from a standpoint of improved handling, but not so much in terms of the impact on my finances and some other Slingshot mods I've been considering.

Then, I've noticed that Polaris has a new pn (1334551) for the Angle Drive with all Gen 1 years. TMSParts.com seems to also be the only site I've found a pn for the 2020 and 2021 model year Angle Drives. Between my indecision about the Quad kit vs replacing the Angle Drive and the seemingly never ending changing of the Angle Drive pns, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

• I've been in the process of trying to fit some Hella Classic 90mm Headlight units in place of the Slingshot's stock Auxiliary headlights and the Canadian Headlight units and took my Slingshot out for the first time since the end of October and my angle drive was making an unbelievable amount of noise. I'm at the point that every ride I wonder if I'll make it back home w/o problem.

DDM Works' Black Friday sale got me to thinking/dreaming about their Quad kit, but it looks like by the time I add in the 3.27 Limited Slip Differential and new matching coilovers on the front, getting close to $8K and while I have paid down my credit card, that still represent a significant amount of new debt that I'm not sure I really want to take on. TBH, I like the thought of a Quad conversion from a standpoint of improved handling, but not so much in terms of the impact on my finances and some other Slingshot mods I've been considering.

Then, I've noticed that Polaris has a new pn (1334551) for the Angle Drive with all Gen 1 years. TMSParts.com seems to also be the only site I've found a pn for the 2020 and 2021 model year Angle Drives. Between my indecision about the Quad kit vs replacing the Angle Drive and the seemingly never ending changing of the Angle Drive pns, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

This is the first I heard of a new part number for the gen1 slingshot angle drives. Since the 2020 angle drive will swap into the Gen1 Slingshots, I wonder if Polaris is using the same casting and just putting the different gear ratio's in it for the Gen 1 Slingshots, that would be pretty cool if so. The picture on the websites that pull up that part number still look like the old angle drive casting though, but maybe it has not been updated yet?

• This is the first I heard of a new part number for the gen1 slingshot angle drives. Since the 2020 angle drive will swap into the Gen1 Slingshots, I wonder if Polaris is using the same casting and just putting the different gear ratio's in it for the Gen 1 Slingshots, that would be pretty cool if so. The picture on the websites that pull up that part number still look like the old angle drive casting though, but maybe it has not been updated yet?

I hope that's the case with the casting!

I just checked the 2021, 2020 and 2015 Parts Diagrams for the Angle Drive and found this -

Year Part Description PN

2015 - 2019 ASM-GEARCASE, RIGHT ANGLE 1334551 (Updated this to reflect the same pn now applies to all Gen 1 Slingshots)

2020 ASM-GEARCASE,RIGHT ANGLE 1333968

2021 ASM-GEARCASE,RIGHT ANGLE 1334607, but listed this part as No longer available.

The 2015 Angle Drive is listed as having 32 individual components with some, primiarliy fasteners, needing more than one. The 2020 Angle Drive lists 28 individual components, but the 2021 Angle Drive lists only 24 components.

I haven't taken the time to see what the specific changes actually are, but I attached some pics for each model year.

• it may have been mentioned already, but the yoke and bearings behind it are different numbers for 2015.

I'd been focusing more on how the 2015 Angle drive uses 8 components for the Yoke back to the gear while the 2020 and 2021 models use 9. The 2020 model adds an O-Ring to better seal the cover that covers the main driven gear and there are also changes to the pulley that drive the belt as well as which parts are moved from the angle drive assembly in the 2021 model and presumably moved to the Drive Line/Swing-arm/Belt assembly. I also just realized that the TMS parts diagrams show 2 different Angle Drives for the 2021 model year and the only difference I see is in the diagram titles -Slingshot 2021 T21AAPGD/AARGB/AASGD/AATGD SLINGSHOT R/S/SL/SP MANUAL TRANSMISSION ALL OPTIONS (2021) (R01) (T21AAPGD/AARGB/AASGD/AATGD) vs Slingshot 2021 T21AAPHD/RHB/SHD/THD SLINGSHOT R/S/SL/SP AUTODRIVE ALL OPTIONS (2021) (R01) (T21AAPHD/RHB/SHD/THD), but I haven't decoded the alphabet soup!:/