Anybody have any idea if the 2020 Angle Drive will fit older models

• I guess I should also add that I tried recording the angle drive sound while the Slingshot was on jack-stands with the wheels hanging free. IIRC, I didn't even notice any angle drive noise, presumably because the wheels were hanging free with no stress on the angle drive. I'll go look to see if I still have any sound recordings I made while my Slingshto was on the jack-stands.

• I guess I should also add that I tried recording the angle drive sound while the Slingshot was on jack-stands with the wheels hanging free. IIRC, I didn't even notice any angle drive noise, presumably because the wheels were hanging free with no stress on the angle drive. I'll go look to see if I still have any sound recordings I made while my Slingshto was on the jack-stands.

lift Up on the rear wheel to try to put some pressure on the gears...while it’s idling in gear.

• I have put one in 2019, gear ratio change works great with the old 2.4 engine. The new angle drive is about 10 lbs heavier as well.

Just want to make sure that I'm spending money wisely. If I'm going to replace my angle drive, I'd prefer to install the strongest unit possible, so I want to make sure I understand everything that affects my decision. I'm a little confused about what year angle drive you bought because the 2020 angle drives weren't available until around the middle of this year (AFAIK) and I was only able to find a 2020 angle drive part number within the last month or so. Did you mean you installed a 2020 angle drive into a 2019 or that you replaced your angle drive in 2019? Do you have the part number and/or a picture of the angle drive you installed? The 2020 angle drive has additional reinforcement compared to the 2019 and earlier units with pn 1333909 originally introduced after 2/3/2017 as a replacement for all Gen 1 years (2015-19). The 2015-16 angle drive originally had a pn of 1333003. 2017 Slingshots manufactured before 2/3/17 had pn 1333618, but Slingshots manufactured after that date had an angle drive with pn 1333909 which then became the Gen 1 replacement for all 2015-19 angle drives.

Here's a pic of the 2017 & later angle drive that became the replacement for all Gen 1 angle drives along with a picture of the 2020 angle drive.

I'm trying to make up my mind as to what my problem is and if I will replace the angle drive (most affordable option) or swap in a quad conversion (considerably more expensive than I can reasonably afford w/o stretching my funds, possibly past the comfort level of my better half)!

Another concern I have is how the 1.770 final drive ratio of the 2020 angle drive will affect traction since it effectively provides more power/torque to the rear wheel since it's already hard enough to keep from spinning the rear wheel when accelerating.

All help much appreciated.

Edited 3 times, last by BKL ().

• IIRC, there might have been some fine particles, but the noise didn't start until after the lube change. I checked it after several trips because I was concerned I hadn't gotten enough lube in the first time. I took the left over lube in my first bottle and added it to the second bottle I had opened for the lube replacement and there was close to 3/4 qt instead of the 1/2 qt I had expected, so I tilted the Slingshot and added more lube, so it's possible I didn't have enough lube, but I didn't notice the noise for several more weeks, so I don't know if the noise was self-inflicted or just bad luck.

• I just found this and snapped a picture of the cart with one in it....free shipping

you do know that these prices can change at any time so if you’re in the buying mode I wouldn’t mess around....they can also sell the last one in the next minute.

• After the Angle Drive in my 2015 Slingshot started making noises like it was grinding itself into dust, it looks like I may be facing replacing the Angle Drive or installing a Quad kit. It would certainly be cheaper to replace the Angle Drive, but I've noticed that the 2020 unit appears to have much better reinforcement where the driveshaft connects to the Angle Drive than the 1st gen Angle Drives. Can anybody confirm it is a stronger design?

I finally located a pn for the 2020 unit (1333968 ) and it is definitely different from the pn for the 2015-19 Angle Drives (1333909). This would imply that they are not interchangeable, but I wonder if any of the aftermarket developers for the Slingshot have taken a look at how the 2020 Angle Drive might be made to fit the 1st gen Slingshots. I have a ZZP Angle Drive brace, but if the 2020 Angle Drive is a stronger design and can be made to fit, it seems like that would be a good aftermarket need.

When I started this thread, I had checked multiple sites for the part numbers associated with each year's angle drive and found the earlier pns struck-through and replaced with the 1333909 pn. That is why I stated that pn1333909 was the replacement for all year angle drives, yet when I looked again last night and today, I now see only the original pns that had been marked out and replaced with the newer pn so I am now confused as to which pn I should order if I do need to replace my angle drive. I really wish I has screen-cap'd the listings so I'd have something to backup my original conclusion I posted in the start of this thread.

Checking CheapCycleParts, I found the following angle drive listings - 2015 - 1333003, 2016 - 1333003, 2017 - 1333618 before 2/3/17 and 1333909 after 2/3/17, and 1333909 also listed for 2018 and 2019. Checks of RonniesMailOrder, PartShark and several other sites no longer reflect the fit of the newest 1333909 angle drive as being a replacement for the 2015 Slingshot, yet Googling "Angle drive for 2015 Polaris slingshot", I found this post I made back in Sep 2018 that reflected the new numbers I had posted in my first post in this thread ("2015 & 2016 Slingshots originally had right-angle drive part number 1333003 which has been replaced by pn 1333909. 2017 Slingshots used pn 1333618 prior to 2/3/17, but pn 1333909 after 2/3/17. 2018 Slingshots used pn 1333909... - https://www.slingshotforums.co…cuss-angle-drives.175897/, Post #2.

I am now thoroughly confused as to which pn I should order for my 2015 Slingshot.

• OK, I just checked the Polaris Parts site and they list the 2015 Angle Drive as pn 1333909!

I guess before I order a replacement angle drive, I need to contact whoever I order from and make sure they understand I am ordering an angle drive for a 2015 Slingshot.

I just checked BikeBandit.com and they list angle drive pn 1333909 as fitting 2015-2019 Slingshots! I wish I understood why sites that listed the same info a few days ago no longer do so. Also, it appears a lot of the parts resellers list the 1333909 angle drive as out of stock or unavailable. I hope this doesn't reflect orphan status on behalf of Polaris.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• OK, I just checked the Polaris Parts site and they list the 2015 Angle Drive as pn 1333909!

I guess before I order a replacement angle drive, I need to contact whoever I order from and make sure they understand I am ordering an angle drive for a 2015 Slingshot.

How soon would you need an angle drive? My quad kit should be in around the end of October, Ill let you have mine, I want be needing it anymore. I have a 2017 with about 10,000 miles.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• How soon would you need an angle drive? My quad kit should be in around the end of October, Ill let you have mine, I want be needing it anymore. I have a 2017 with about 10,000 miles.

Probably not until after the end of October at the earliest. I'm still researching how much hassle it would be to DIY the swap. Was your Slingshot manufactured before or after the magic 2/3/17 date for the introduction of the newest angle drive version (1333909)? How much do you think you'll want for the angle drive? I'd prefer to replace mine with the newest 1333909 part.

• Probably not until after the end of October at the earliest. I'm still researching how much hassle it would be to DIY the swap. Was your Slingshot manufactured before or after the magic 2/3/17 date for the introduction of the newest angle drive version (1333909)? How much do you think you'll want for the angle drive? I'd prefer to replace mine with the newest 1333909 part.

well to be honest not sure when it was manufactured. I bought it August 2016. I did have the recall done on it when it came out for the new angle drive. And when I said you can have mine I meant you can HAVE it wasn't going to sell it. I am not going to need, why keep it lating around, when you can help someone out. :thumbsup:

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Since it appears to be an early 2016, it should most likely have the pn 1333618 angle drive. Did you have your angle drive replaced or the Swing-arm? There was a large recall where Polaris replaced the swing-arms due to a manufacturing defect (potentially bad casting, IIRC).

As far as selling or giving away your unneeded angle drive, that is obviously up to you, but selling it at a reasonable price will let you get some additional money for tires or other mods. IIRC, used angle drives have typically sold for around $600, maybe even more. A new angle drive sells for around $1550+/-.

Compared to the cost of a quad kit, replacing the angle drive seems much more affordable. I like the idea of converting to a quad, but such a conversion is not really within my budget.

• Since it appears to be an early 2016, it should most likely have the pn 1333618 angle drive. Did you have your angle drive replaced or the Swing-arm? There was a large recall where Polaris replaced the swing-arms due to a manufacturing defect (potentially bad casting, IIRC).

As far as selling or giving away your unneeded angle drive, that is obviously up to you, but selling it at a reasonable price will let you get some additional money for tires or other mods. IIRC, used angle drives have typically sold for around $600, maybe even more. A new angle drive sells for around $1550+/-.

Compared to the cost of a quad kit, replacing the angle drive seems much more affordable. I like the idea of converting to a quad, but such a conversion is not really within my budget.

you are correct sir, it was the swing arm that was replaced. I was really tired when I wrote that lol. I understand about sell it also. but also believe in paying it forward also.

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• From my perspective, selling at an affordable price does both. You gain and so does the buyer.

If you do not want it, then do not take it and you will have done your part. You do know that this is the way we roll on this FORUM with our friends. I have a set of shocks that were gifted to me that cost more than that angle drive and then I gifted a set of QA-1's to someone else it is just the way it is. Try that somewhere else. The only things that I have sold was a new carpet set for the SS and the luggage racks that I had made, even then I did not make any money off of either. Get over it. "Take or Leave It"