Front tires shot

• I have a 2019 SL, I got to looking at front tires last Sunday, and the inside of both are wore past the tread. Rest of tire is fine. It only base 4400 miles on them. It’s at dealer now, waiting on outcome. Mechanic said he’d never seen one like that. Took a bunch of pictures and sent it off for warranty work. They replied that they hadn’t seen that either, and wondered if I had wrecked it, or modified it some way, which I haven’t. I put a level on side of both rims, and the camber on both is a whole bubble from straight. I ask the mechanic and he said they had no way to check that as far as he knew. Said it was probably an alignment issue. It drives fine as far as I can see, never drove another to compare it to. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen anything like that ?

• Every single Slingshot that comes out from the factory needs to be aligned. The problem is that the Polaris dealer techs literally use a 2x4 and ruler to do the alignment. If you can look around for someone who does Laser Alignments, maybe your dealer will have the hardware to do it, if not, check at the Can Am dealer and see if they can do laser alignments. Here is a video I did about this topic. Hope it helps.

• I have a 2019 SL, I got to looking at front tires last Sunday, and the inside of both are wore past the tread. Rest of tire is fine. It only base 4400 miles on them. It’s at dealer now, waiting on outcome. Mechanic said he’d never seen one like that. Took a bunch of pictures and sent it off for warranty work. They replied that they hadn’t seen that either, and wondered if I had wrecked it, or modified it some way, which I haven’t. I put a level on side of both rims, and the camber on both is a whole bubble from straight. I ask the mechanic and he said they had no way to check that as far as he knew. Said it was probably an alignment issue. It drives fine as far as I can see, never drove another to compare it to. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen anything like that ?

You do know that is all BS, they have been seeing this problem since the Slingshot came out in 2015. It needs a laser alignment.

• Laser alignment.... my 2015 with laser alignment from the dealer and had 17,000 miles when it was traded in for other reasons... OE M tires still looked brand new. Back not so much. my 2016 I'm getting 45,000+ miles on nitto 555 on the front and 22/2500 on rear. Get it LASER ALIGNED.

• I haven't had mine for a while. Sold it. But it was one of the first things I did. Get yourself a new set of good tires and get a laser alignment. One of the best things I did first. I bought new shocks, new tires, and got laser alignment. Drive like a while different machine.

• Granted, I only have 2500 miles on the Sling, the tires all appear to be wearing just fine. Still have the tits on 'em.

• just got back from dealer,slingshots been there for 3 weeks. When I took it in, I told them I thought that camber might be the problem, because I had put a big level on side of tire and it seemed to me to be way off. They said, never had that problem, no adjustment to fix that. I showed him where their were shims that was there for something. New guy I talked to today read the mechanics report, excessive camber alignment problem. Said they were Waiting on parts. I ask what parts, SHIMS. Said each wheel was almost an inch off.

• just got back from dealer,slingshots been there for 3 weeks. When I took it in, I told them I thought that camber might be the problem, because I had put a big level on side of tire and it seemed to me to be way off. They said, never had that problem, no adjustment to fix that. I showed him where their were shims that was there for something. New guy I talked to today read the mechanics report, excessive camber alignment problem. Said they were Waiting on parts. I ask what parts, SHIMS. Said each wheel was almost an inch off.

Most of the Slingshots have needed a good laser alignment for really good tire ware and driving. Never heard of one being off that much. Almost sounds like something has been seriously bent during or after manufacturing. Tagging FunCycle --- your thoughts.

Your dealer is full of S$$t that they have never had that problem. If they do not have the Polaris laser alignment kit DO NOT let them touch your Slingshot. You also should get in touch with V-SHOT and av8ingtom they are in Virginia Beach. There are a few more Sling's in Virginia Beach that will know what to do.

Contact Brewer's in Henderson, NC. I can't remember if they have Laser Alignment, but they will steer you in the right direction on how to address your issue. Let me know if you want to trailer your Sling down there. I have an enclosed trailer. Thank you FunCycle for the bump. We will get him taken care of, one way or another.

• I’ve always had good luck with All out Cycle. I have confidence that they’ll get it fixed. It’s just something that they’ve never seen before. They said, and as far as I can see, nothing was wrong with anything as far as A frames, and suspension goes, it just looks like Polaris left out about half the shims on the top of the A frame. They said they ordered the shims, and all came in, except the thinnest ones which are used for the fine tuning. Makes ya wonder, if they have all but the fine tuning shims, maybe there’s others that have this problem.

• I’ve always had good luck with All out Cycle. I have confidence that they’ll get it fixed. It’s just something that they’ve never seen before. They said, and as far as I can see, nothing was wrong with anything as far as A frames, and suspension goes, it just looks like Polaris left out about half the shims on the top of the A frame. They said they ordered the shims, and all came in, except the thinnest ones which are used for the fine tuning. Makes ya wonder, if they have all but the fine tuning shims, maybe there’s others that have this problem.

Keep me posted on the fix, if you don't mind. Maybe we all can get together on one of the wrench nights to take a look at everyone's Sling, just to make sure we are all tracking good. On the next wrench night, I'll shoot you a PM to let you know. What area of Virginia Beach are you located?

This was a common problem with the Polaris Slingshot's coming from the factory in 2015 and 2016. So for them to say they had not seen this problem before is BS.