Seat Tilt handle Extensions

• I thought about using a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe to slide over the seat-tilt-release handle as an extension. I originally thought about using regular white PVC pipe, but my local Lowe's only had it in 10ft lengths that wouldn't conveniently fit in my SUV. I then saw some Grey Schedule 40 1/2" PVC conduit in the electrical section and they had it in both 5 and 10 ft lengths. I only needed 1 foot or so for this project, so I bought a 5 ft length. The following picture shows what I did -

The grey PVC should be easier to see than the short dark-colored stock handle. The 6" length I tried on the passenger seat tilt handle was a little too long and could possibly rub against the seat bolster, so I used a 4.5" piece on the driver's side. The Schedule 40 1/2" PVC Conduit was a friction fit to the handle, so I just used a hammer to drive it onto the tilt handle, being sure to position the labeling down so it wouldn't be visible. If the pipe starts to come loose, I'll just use some glue to redo the connection. This is a great project for a group project since a 5ft length of pipe would make 13 4.5" pieces or 6-1/2 pairs. The 10ft length would supply 26 pieces for 13 Slingshots. The price difference between the 5ft and 10 ft lengths was less than 50 cents, IIRC.

I thought about offering to mail a set of the cut pieces for a small postage fee, but the postage cost would probably be more than just buying a 5 or 10ft length at your local hardware store. It would make more sense for a group effort during a garage day.

• If you do a search I thing Sam Owens did something similar with a short cable to make a pull handle!

Combine the two projects.

Pull cord, to release the seat back without having to bend over when you approach your Slingshot.

Extension handle, when you're in the seat, to adjust the seat back without having to search for your little stubby.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Combine the two projects.

Pull cord, to release the seat back without having to bend over when you approach your Slingshot.

Extension handle, when you're in the seat, to adjust the seat back without having to search for your little stubby.

I may not get to use it as often as I once did, but it still works and I do remember where my little stubby is!:evil:

• Quick note, I bought 2' piece of white 1/2" for 1.55 at Lowes for this project. Then walking to sling in parking lot found 1' piece of grey conduit laying on ground. Miter saw to clean ends up, rubbing alcohol to clean up and ready to go. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.