My Slingshot Runs Great!

• The great thing about forums is finding info on similar issues and how they can be worked out. Just thought I'd post some good stuff. I have a 2017 SL and use it as my primary vehicle, weather permitting. Mostly stock. I don't baby it and have some performance fun once in a while but I also don't hammer it consistently. Initially after a few times of others provoking a performance check I have learned to smile, let it go and enjoy the ride. Other than a clutch switch that was replaced under warrantee and a few minor things it has been running really well and proven to be a great purchase. My stock battery has consistently provided strong starts but after three years its a definite replace very shortly.

• Thanks for the post - its nice to see a post that is not about reporting a problem. With pretty much everything most people only seem to post when they have a problem and it has the affect of making problems appear to be much more common than they really are.

Like your 2017 my 2016 has been pretty much problem free - other than needing a new battery it has only been back to the shop for recalls - - also like yours mine is my daily driver although in my case it is regardless of weather - - yea I am waterproof it seems and my tan is doing great 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• ... - - also like yours mine is my daily driver although in my case it is regardless of weather - - yea I am waterproof it seems and my tan is doing great 8o

When my 4 wheeler was breathing it's last, I considered converting my Sling to daily driver. Until I remembered that here in Florida during the summer it rains hard enough to where you can't see 15' in front of you.

• When my 4 wheeler was breathing it's last, I considered converting my Sling to daily driver. Until I remembered that here in Florida during the summer it rains hard enough to where you can't see 15' in front of you.

Rain here in the desert is not something I worry about very often, we can have some summer thunder storms where it can be pretty bad for a short period of time, but in my over 3 years with the sling I have only been caught in one bad one - - at this point right now it has been over 144 days since the last measurable rain, on the other hand this weekend we are expecting to hit 118+ all three days - its a late season heat wave, but hopefully after that we can start cooling back down maybe even get under 100 by the end of the month, I hope

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My Slingshot "IS" my primary transportation. In the 100700 miles the only problems have been the master cylinder switches warranty 3 times and now the clutch switch which just started showing a code about every 600 miles. If it is not raining when I leave the house the Sling is the ride.

• My Slingshot "IS" my primary transportation. In the 100700 miles the only problems have been the master cylinder switches warranty 3 times and now the clutch switch which just started showing a code about every 600 miles. If it is not raining when I leave the house the Sling is the ride.

That's a lot of miles. In the two wheel world it's an Iron Butt Award. I think it qualifies here. Atta Boy!

• 74,600 here, would be higher but played up with broken hip and shoulder for the last 4 weeks. Started to ride a few days ago. My only issues have been recalls and a jcase(fuse block) melt down and just had knock sensor replaced. All minor issues except for jcase. I would buy again.

• Couple more years and you can join the 100,000+ miles club. I'm at 97,000+ at the moment, not sure I can get to the 100,000 by the first of the year.

Wow, your knocking on the door. With the Indiana weather its a double award! Atta, Atta boy! :)