Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• Mitch, does it sit closer or farther to you than the stock one?

Honestly I do not remember - the lawn mower steering wheel was one of the first things to go. I had an NRG on the Assault hub but didn't like the wheel it was kind of flimsy. That is why I swapped it for the Assault. Guess you will know the answer when you take her for a spin in Murphy.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Honestly I do not remember - the lawn mower steering wheel was one of the first things to go. I had an NRG on the Assault hub but didn't like the wheel it was kind of flimsy. That is why I swapped it for the Assault. Guess you will know the answer when you take her for a spin in Murphy.

Stock wheel is a "V-Well" setup. Aftermarket wheels are flush. Even with the hub adapter, I have found no difference in distance. Check out the pic from Sling Mods...

Hope this helps, Brother.

• Okay, new chit chat topic.

Some, but most don't know, I am three wheels only these days. I did have 4 wheels for snow, but no-mo.

Old news to some, but here we go.

No, that is not me. That is my mechanic. But that was my car. A 1998 Olds 88. Demolition day at Prince William County Fair Grounds.

We fought the good fight.

But, at the end of the day, it was the end of the day.

My baby went out with honor.

Just an FYI, my mechanic drove 'cause I can't wrench. Make friends with someone who can wrench, and life is good. And, Danny is a good egg. Why not.

Wrecking crew gets 'er done!

• I have a small issue with my back-up camera. Earlier Saturday, it just stopped working. The Clarion screen display says "No video signal detected. Audio signal only." Does anyone have any ideas? The guys from Slingshot Only are scheduled to take a look at it when I get to Florida. But that won't happen until later this month...during the Toy Run event.
    I'm pretty electrical savvy, so I don't scare easy when it comes to taking a look at wiring...but have you taken a look at the wiring setup for the Clarion system!?!?! Think I will just leave it to the professionals. But if anyone has ever had this happen, and knows of a quick fix, or has trouble shot this occurrence, do a brother a solid and reach out. Don't want to back over someone's kid in a parking lot. That would just ruin my day. Not to mention, it probably would ruin the day of the parents of that child...unless they were looking at cutting their loses.
    :00008356:

• UPDATE:
    Thanks to my impatient nature, I decided to take another look at my problem. Instead of going straight back to the stereo head unit, I decided to start at the camera itself. Guess what I found?

The bottom two photos show it best. Simply reconnected the power supply line. BADABING!!!!! Good as new!

• Hmmm...
    I might just have stumbled on to something!!! Whatcha' think???? And none of this "John, you are too old for this crap", either!!!! :00008356::00008172:

@V-SHOT, if you're seriously considering this, I highly recommend the one made by Nitrinos. I got their Neko (cat-ears) helmet for the Mrs. and, except for the ears creating some extra drag, she loves it. I had them do a custom paint design that I created and it came out great. They're in Ukraine, so communication and delivery takes a little longer than usual, but I had a great experience working with them.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• G!

I never miss an opportunity to hang with the big dogs, and glad you and yours could make it. That was a great time. Again, @Andy Hatch was outstanding ride leader. I had fun. Good times chatting with missus @Gadgeteer - send her my best. Sorry my missus couldn't make it.

Healing up from hernia surgery x2 (Ouch! That hurt!). But, should be back on 3 wheels soon.

Time to find out who rides in the chill, besides me and @DocG. Not gonna stop me. Went on an awesome ride with @Cameron Roberts ('Hi' to missus C) a bit ago, in triple digit temps. I made small talk about needed heated gloves. Cameron dude thought I was being silly. The time is coming for heated gloves.

• You know I've been wearing heated gloves in the sling since 2014 right?

• The time is coming for heated gloves.

Yep. My fingers get to aching when temps drop, so I got a pair of heated glove liners last year and they were awesome. My glove size is L-XL, so finding a pair of gloves to go over the liners was a bit of a challenge, but once I did they worked great. I was out driving in temps as low as 26' F without a problem.

For everything else, I stuck with layers instead of heated gear because I sweat at the drop of a hat. Synthetic base layer under my jeans and a long sleeve base layer under tee shirt, hoodie, and light weight jacket. When temps dipped really low, I'd add my light-weight rain suit as a wind-breaker. Also had a thermal balaclava under my full-face. The only heated clothing I needed was the glove liners.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Hey guys! just dropping a line or two, to let you all know Mitch ( @MACAWS ) is drumming up business for a worthwhile cause called "Shop with a Cop", being sponsored by Brewers Cycle. It is slated for the 10th of December. My wife and I have already rogered up for the cause. I'm hoping I am not the only one in the area stepping up to the plate. I genuinely loved meeting fellow Sling riders from the great north, and even trying my hand at the twisties!!! Granted, that meet and greet corresponded with a wedding the wife and I attended in Luray. But it was still nice getting with you guys. So what do you say? Can the "Wrecking Crew" come together to, not only support a worthy cause, but support a fellow "Wrecker?" Mitch has done a lot for this forum, and has never asked for anything in return. All I'm saying, check your schedules and see if this is something you could support. Thanks for listening.

• Hey guys! just dropping a line or two, to let you all know Mitch ( @MACAWS ) is drumming up business for a worthwhile cause called "Shop with a Cop", being sponsored by Brewers Cycle. It is slated for the 10th of December. My wife and I have already rogered up for the cause. I'm hoping I am not the only one in the area stepping up to the plate. I genuinely loved meeting fellow Sling riders from the great north, and even trying my hand at the twisties!!! Granted, that meet and greet corresponded with a wedding the wife and I attended in Luray. But it was still nice getting with you guys. So what do you say? Can the "Wrecking Crew" come together to, not only support a worthy cause, but support a fellow "Wrecker?" Mitch has done a lot for this forum, and has never asked for anything in return. All I'm saying, check your schedules and see if this is something you could support. Thanks for listening.

You can count on me. Just say what, where, when. More information please, but I am in.

John, you are my hero!
    here is a link to the thread Shop with a Cop - Christamas Fund Raiser
    I will contact Kristie @Brewer Cycles tomorrow and see if we can get an on line link set up for donations. December 10th could be a cold weather issue for many of you and if you can't get there but can make a donation I will be extremely grateful.

Thank you

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!