Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• One I was looking at so it would support more rear mods.. https://www.slingmods.com/ther…laris-slingshot?vehicle=3

I was looking at that one also, from what I read it didn't support turbo or a supercharger and I really don't want to pay 1200 for an exhaust. The one I am looking at is going to be $835 which is bad enough.

I finally got pulled over for driving with lights on today. being doing it since October of 2017 and nobody ever said a word. Well they finally stopped me and said, you cant drive with police color lights its a Virginia law. I have searched all of Virginia's code and couldn't find anything stating they owned blue. They do state you cant use police style lighting and placement or pattern but NOT color. The second officer said oh and your not allowed to have underglow or lighted wheels while driving. That also is NOT in the Virginia state code. But because they were not trying to give me a ticket I didn't argue lol. I am going back and researching it more thorough than I did the first time. and I guess I will carry Virginia state code with me so I wont get proven wrong lol. The only thing written in the state code is that NEON is not authorized. absolutely nothing in reference to LED's nor specific color. The research is on (again).

• Wassup neighbor!

Here in Virginia, blue will get you in serious trouble. Red will get you in trouble. And, for some reason which is not understood by me, green will get you in trouble. Such that I usually reek of alcohol, no silly light games for me. The best deal you get with a LEO is if you don't encounter them.

Another data point that the best mod is NO MOD (copyright hrmiracle ).

• I was looking at that one also, from what I read it didn't support turbo or a supercharger and I really don't want to pay 1200 for an exhaust. The one I am looking at is going to be $835 which is bad enough.

I finally got pulled over for driving with lights on today. being doing it since October of 2017 and nobody ever said a word. Well they finally stopped me and said, you cant drive with police color lights its a Virginia law. I have searched all of Virginia's code and couldn't find anything stating they owned blue. They do state you cant use police style lighting and placement or pattern but NOT color. The second officer said oh and your not allowed to have underglow or lighted wheels while driving. That also is NOT in the Virginia state code. But because they were not trying to give me a ticket I didn't argue lol. I am going back and researching it more thorough than I did the first time. and I guess I will carry Virginia state code with me so I wont get proven wrong lol. The only thing written in the state code is that NEON is not authorized. absolutely nothing in reference to LED's nor specific color. The research is on (again).

Look in your equipment/lighting sections. Often the phrase "DOT approved " is used. Most of the add on led lighting does not have a DOT approval marked on them.

Also look at colors listed. Ours states no lighting not clear, amber or red will be displayed.

Edited once, last by Red ().

• Wassup neighbor!

Here in Virginia, blue will get you in serious trouble. Red will get you in trouble. And, for some reason which is not understood by me, green will get you in trouble. Such that I usually reek of alcohol, no silly light games for me. The best deal you get with a LEO is if you don't encounter them.

Another data point that the best mod is NO MOD (copyright hrmiracle ).

well I have driven beside police cars and nobody said a word. including the police here on Fort Belvoir where I was stopped this morning. Since October of 2017 nobody said a word. All of a sudden this morning, it was a thing. they must have been gathering the courage I guess. In the lighting it only says that placement, flash patterns and styles of lighting, still doesn't restrict color nor state anything about LED. Going to KEEP looking lol.

• Ok ladies and gentlemen, for all of you Virginia Drivers. . . . . I found the 2018 update. Here is what it says in regards to autocycles and LED lighting.

Virginia State Code 46.2-1012, Headlights, Auxiliary headlights, tail lights, brake lights, auxiliary lights and illumination of license plates on motorcycles or autocycles.

Paragraph 3:

motorcycles or autocycles may be equipped with standard bulb running lights or light-emitting diode (LED) pods or strips as auxiliary lighting. Such lighting shall be (i) either red or amber in color, (ii) directed toward the ground in such a manner that no part of the beam will strike the level of the surface on which the motorcycle or autocycle stands at a distance of more than 10 feet from the vehicle, and (iii) designed for vehicular use. Such lighting shall not (a) project a beam of light of an intensity greater than 25 candlepower or its equivalent from a single lamp or bulb; (b) be blinking, flashing, oscillating, or rotating; or (c) be attached to the wheels of the motorcycle or autocycle.

• (b) be blinking, flashing, oscillating, or rotating;

hmm. Guess my evil brows that turn yellow and blink when I turn on turn signal is ilegal now. Not that I believe I'd be pulled because of that.

The red scrolling night rider mod I've been waiting to be pulled. If I do I'll just switch to solid white when driving I guess.

• mine are blue and green and the only reason they pulled me over was to tell me that these were police only colors, and that I wasn't allowed to have them in the wheels and underglow. but that isn't what the state law says.

it does say not "connected" to the wheels. which they way they are designed they are not "connected" you can have any color or combination you want as long as your not driving with them that way, however, while driving, as running lights you are allowed red and amber. so fair game there lol.

• Would your wife yell at me please?

I know Jdin and bride very, very well. Bride of Jdin is a charming young lady, and I love her to bits. But, this man's intuition says to me don't take anything for granted. If you are not man enough to deal with your own bride for a boost, you are not man enough to deal with Bride of Jdin . And, Mrs Jdin just might tag team with my bride - just for blood sport, in which case you would really, really be sorry, and the subsequent estrogen storm with your bride..., ... and still not boosted.

Careful for what you wish.

• Lol. My persuation so far is to quote safety. Evil brows...much more visible and others can see which way I'm turning...etc You don't know cute until you meet the wifey..heh. I guess you can call me cute too. Been awhile since I've been called cute 😋

Check out this site, I use them for my switch backs, good price, good quality

https://www.theretrofitsource.…back.html?preselect=50072

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Check out this site, I use them for my switch backs, good price, good quality

https://www.theretrofitsource.…back.html?preselect=50072

I really love these lights... BUT, they do not offer a "tinted/smoked" enclosure (the casing is white which contrasts way too much against the black paint of my SS) so I've been hesitant to get them... In fact, I have searched high and low just to find tinted enclosures for just this reason. I already have the lights/switch back controller I want to put in, I just need something tinted to get it done.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I really love these lights... BUT, they do not offer a "tinted/smoked" enclosure (the casing is white which contrasts way too much against the black paint of my SS) so I've been hesitant to get them... In fact, I have searched high and low just to find tinted enclosures for just this reason. I already have the lights/switch back controller I want to put in, I just need something tinted to get it done.

Why not use some vinyl tint that is for headlights/taillights? Nighshades would work too, but is hard to get a uniform coating.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I really love these lights... BUT, they do not offer a "tinted/smoked" enclosure (the casing is white which contrasts way too much against the black paint of my SS) so I've been hesitant to get them... In fact, I have searched high and low just to find tinted enclosures for just this reason. I already have the lights/switch back controller I want to put in, I just need something tinted to get it done.

I do not know exactly what you are trying to do. But if you are wanting to make easy color changes, like the surrounds around the led lights you can use the colored electrical tape. I use the red on two different places on my SS where wear or gravel messes up the paint. There are many different colors to chose from. For anyone that does this "DO NOT STRECH THE TAPE" when you are doing this. Just a though that may help some people. One place I use the red is where the back of the hood rest on the short colored piece by the wind screen and rubs the paint off.

• Why not use some vinyl tint that is for headlights/taillights? Nighshades would work too, but is hard to get a uniform coating.

I looked at vinyl tint after giving up on a tinted light housing... will most likely be the route I explore. Also, I couldn’t agree more, VHT Nightshades would be really difficult to get uniform between the 2 switchbacks.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png