Wrecking Crew / DMV owners roll call

• Shoot— didn’t realize that is Easter Sunday. But it’s up to you Eric

@WraithSS brother you never need an invite.... your Always welcome!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Yeah, Easter is a no go for me. Didn't get shot down by the lovely bride, rather nuked down.

Fellow rockstar @Andy Hatch posted yesterday, and we got the valve cover installed, so crisis averted. Still have other things to install, but no need before the Clarksville run.

But - now I can't close my hood. My hood was eating a chunk out of my old valve cover. Andy dude thinks it is because I was missing one of my hood pads. Again, again, again. I ain't gonna let the stupid hood eat @Painter 's awesome work. Might dig up some carpet scraps and rubber cement for a temporary fix. Maybe the wisdom of the crew will bathe me in 2 weeks when we again swarm together.

• Yeah, Easter is a no go for me. Didn't get shot down by the lovely bride, rather nuked down.

Fellow rockstar @Andy Hatch posted yesterday, and we got the valve cover installed, so crisis averted. Still have other things to install, but no need before the Clarksville run.

But - now I can't close my hood. My hood was eating a chunk out of my old valve cover. Andy dude thinks it is because I was missing one of my hood pads. Again, again, again. I ain't gonna let the stupid hood eat @Painter 's awesome work. Might dig up some carpet scraps and rubber cement for a temporary fix. Maybe the wisdom of the crew will bathe me in 2 weeks when we again swarm together.

Keep it from rubbin and we can figure something out when you get here I may have something we can male new pads out of

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My subframe was hitting my valve cover as well. Went to Menards and got a package of 1”x1” rubber self stick pads. Put one over the spot two years ago and still works great. Ended up using more for fender rubs as well.

• Mitch,
    All Eric needs is for you to cut about three threads off of the bolt holding the front of the stock middle fake louver hood insert to save the valve cover but see if the local dealer will do like mine and get Polaris to pay for the new style pads/bumpers.

I did that as well just after installing but noticed after a couple of rides that my hood subframe was hitting the front edge of the cover.. thus the bumper.

• I was nibbling away at the black plastic covering the bolt with the limited tools I brought with me but when I got the bolt uncovered all Eric had was a hacksaw that looked like it came from Baby's First Tool Box.

Ouch! I do have a standard sized hacksaw somewhere in the garage, you just didn't say anything.

Oh, well. At least you didn't humiliate me in front of the whole Crew by telling everyone that you popped open my hood with one hand on one try. I don't think I have ever been able to do that. I was impressed.

• @Hernandeves5

Back in the early days, catalytic converters were stink bombs when new. Rotten egg smell, as I recall. I would flog the beast a few more miles down the road before getting to fussy about the smell. Mine is a 2015, so there might be differences, but my wonderful yet fussy wife has never commented on exhaust smell - just noise, wind, rain, heat, cold, floorboard heat (floor mat fixed that), lack of storage ( @Jdin fixed that - thanks buddy!), and what the helmet does to her hair. But, never exhaust smell.

anytime! :saint:

• Hey question for you all . . . . I am wanting to upgrade my tires. Right now I am running the stock 17 base models tires and rims (Suck) I want to put the bigger rims and tires on it. I have seen that some people have put 20's all around, but yet if you look at the SL and SLR aren't they 18 front and 20 rear? is it ok to put 20s' up front? advised? what would that do to handling? I think for rotational purposes it would be great, I have not seen that the slingshot is using a uni-directional tread pattern. Still in slingshot infancy don't slam me here lol.

• I have no intentions of changing your mind. Personally, I would not change the diameter of any of the wheels. That's not a look that I would be going for. Not to say that others who have done it are happy with their choices. I'd go with the 18" front/ 20" rear set-up making sure that you keep the stock offset on the rear wheel so it tracks correctly. Rear wheel width can be wider if you want to use a wider tire, but again keep the stock offset. While the front offset can be different, you want to make sure you don't go with a wider wheel deeper offset if you have any plans to trailer your ride. The width is wide enough that any additional width will make it more difficult to have it fir the trailer, or harder to drive it onto the trailer.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Hey question for you all . . . . I am wanting to upgrade my tires. Right now I am running the stock 17 base models tires and rims (Suck) I want to put the bigger rims and tires on it. I have seen that some people have put 20's all around, but yet if you look at the SL and SLR aren't they 18 front and 20 rear? is it ok to put 20s' up front? advised? what would that do to handling? I think for rotational purposes it would be great, I have not seen that the slingshot is using a uni-directional tread pattern. Still in slingshot infancy don't slam me here lol.

I have 20's all around and the sling handles great... That said, they are heavier and I do have some steering/suspension upgrades that help out greatly in the twists.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I have 20's all around and the sling handles great... That said, they are heavier and I do have some steering/suspension upgrades that help out greatly in the twists.

awesome, thanks. I am looking at doing the sway bar and end links soon. I'm not too keen on paying the almost $4K for tires and rims though. But I am not happy with the smaller tires. and soon turbo, I think I have to have it now. its a must have lol. :TURBOSS::BLACKSS::D

• When you went to 20s in the front, did you lower the suspension at all to account for the higher ride from the larger wheels?

Yes... but not much. I have enough travel for any sharp/high speed turn I encounter (but after seeing Mitch's new suspension from DDM ~> I may put mine up for sale). The dampening on his coils are BEAST!

@MACAWS

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png