The Great Brake Mystery

• Update to my mysterious brake fade.

I just located a used ABS Module from a wrecked 2016 (unfortunately it was a red one so I hope that doesn't slow me down)

Hopefully this fixes the problem. I am very confident it will because Polaris says that there is no way it could be the ABS module.

I will get it swapped out after the holidays and update you here

Just had to replace the ABS Module in my 2014 Lincoln Navigator ... to many $$$$.$$

• Fortunately for me I found one from a wreck relatively cheap.. Hope he didn't wreck from lack of brakes...

I got a good deal from my Tech ... but it was still $1,400.00 If it was a Ford Escape probably would have been $400.00 But that would let me pull the Slingshot to Florida for a little RR in Jan.

• Well I thought I was all ready to tackle his project. Got the parts and the tools almost!

Seems the GM adapter for my new pressure bleeder doesn't work on a slingshot. Need to figure which is the correct adapter or just make one. Guess this will have to wait until after the 1rst of the year.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Dang it. I was hoping for a success update! Merry christmas!

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Well I thought I was all ready to tackle his project. Got the parts and the tools almost!

Seems the GM adapter for my new pressure bleeder doesn't work on a slingshot. Need to figure which is the correct adapter or just make one. Guess this will have to wait until after the 1rst of the year.

You're killing me right now. LOL Have a great Christmas Mitch!

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• You're killing me right now. LOL Have a great Christmas Mitch!

Well I spoke with Motive and they do not make that adapter - just as FYI the cap is 22M with dual tabs.

Today is my wife's birthday - Christmas eve is tomorrow so no way I am going to get to do this until after New Years. I hope this doesn't stress you out over the holidays.

Merry Christmas!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Well I spoke with Motive and they do not make that adapter - just as FYI the cap is 22M with dual tabs.

Today is my wife's birthday - Christmas eve is tomorrow so no way I am going to get to do this until after New Years. I hope this doesn't stress you out over the holidays.

Merry Christmas!

I'll push through and make it. Happy Birthday to your wife as well. Be well my friend.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• While my wife was distracted with birthday presents I took the dog for a walk (we never got past the shop).

I decided to make an adapter from an old master cylinder cap that would work with my new pressure brake bleeder. I learned a few things. First these caps are vented, So my simple plan got a little complicated. The stock cap is actually made in 2 pieces. The top part is the hand grip and the bottom is the part that locks in place to seal.

First I cut off the little disk that is on the under side of the cap. Then with some washers, brass fittings and to gasket sealer I came up with what you see here. Didn't want to leave it out in the cold so it is sitting on my desk in warmer temps until everything sets up.

Got to run back out because it seems the dog needs to do what we set out to do before we got side tracked.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Well I spoke with Motive and they do not make that adapter - just as FYI the cap is 22M with dual tabs.

Merry Christmas!

Or spending $50 bucks on a tool you can't use because they don't make an adapter that fits a vehicle they never heard

I knew you could come up with something

• OK - swapped out he ABS Module this morning - it was a real knuckle buster. Bled the brakes and I have a pedal. That motive pressure bleeder make life easy, I am going to bleed them one more time just to use up the fluid in the bleeder before I clean it. Guess I will need to wait until the weather is warm and dry enough to take it to the mountains for the big test!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK - swapped out he ABS Module this morning - it was a real knuckle buster. Bled the brakes and I have a pedal. That motive pressure bleeder make life easy, I am going to bleed them one more time just to use up the fluid in the bleeder before I clean it. Guess I will need to wait until the weather is warm and dry enough to take it to the mountains for the big test!

Test going up, not down... Just saying...

• Well I can absolutely confirm without any doubt that it was not the ABS module - still does the same thing. I am going to change all the speed sensors just because they are the only original parts left besides the lines.

I am at a total loss on this one. Really spooky at this point

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!