Deck lid

• Hi all! How does the deck lid look underneath. Is empty...or is it filled with odds and sounds...lack for a better word... LoL

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• Thank you! Is what I needed! I was thinking...I want to possibly add a remote antenna...was just thinking.

Drive so you can drive tomorrow, and remember that fun is always on the sunny side up.

• Stock antenna is there - and why it doesn't work very well. I've played with it a lot and the only way to get better reception is to get it out from underneath the rear deck. Some people have drilled holes to allow the antenna to poke out through the deck from the stock location (search here or the other site). I tried just taking the stock antenna out and held it above my head and it worked great (telling me it's not the antenna itself, just the interference from the rest of the SS). I even tried using a different antenna in a different location. You can try to reach under the deck from the front and adjust the antenna into a more vertical position - it likes to fall down flat (take out all the screws along the front of the deck and remove the collars around the roll bars will allow you to get your hands in there enough to mess with it without having to completely remove it).

• Stock antenna is there - and why it doesn't work very well. I've played with it a lot and the only way to get better reception is to get it out from underneath the rear deck. Some people have drilled holes to allow the antenna to poke out through the deck from the stock location (search here or the other site). I tried just taking the stock antenna out and held it above my head and it worked great (telling me it's not the antenna itself, just the interference from the rest of the SS). I even tried using a different antenna in a different location. You can try to reach under the deck from the front and adjust the antenna into a more vertical position - it likes to fall down flat (take out all the screws along the front of the deck and remove the collars around the roll bars will allow you to get your hands in there enough to mess with it without having to completely remove it).

Well, if my understanding the comments, do I replace the antenna, or should I wave the antenna will I drive? LoL...or change the cable to with the antenna, to a better unit.

• You need to get the antenna out from underneath the fin (it's actually standing up inside the front portion of the fin). You can either:

1. Drill a hole in the front side of the fin to bring the antenna through.
    2. Relocate the stock antenna somewhere else, the higher the better
    3. Buy and aftermarket antenna and mount it somewhere else. (I tried this but the only good place to get reception was mounted on or above the roof.)
    4. Give up on FM and just run Bluetooth/Android Auto/Apply Car Play through your phone into the stereo. This is what I ultimately did.
  • If I remember correctly, you need ferrite beads on the antenna lead going into the radio as the LED's from the always-on rear lights cause interference (the lower IM from the 470-500 MHz generated by LEDs). There are probably a couple of threads on that here.