Aftermarket Shocks

• There is not a huge weight penalty going to a solid bar in the front compared to the hollow bars, the difference is mainly how stiff you want the front to be and how much you want to turn the front end into a solid axle ;).

I have not seen any failures of the stock end links, except when installed on the forward holes on the Twist sway bars. The forward holes (which are stiffer), put the end link at a pretty steep angle and also cause it to hit the tie rods at full lock and is something that should be checked for when installing the sway bar and end links.

Let me know if there is anything else I can answer about this,

Dave

• Installed!

I am not sure if it means anything but I had to move the sway bar approximately an inch so to "center" it.

Bill

Holy Guacamole!! I just returned from my first ride after centering the sway bar and installing the locking collars and all I can say is WOW!. Now, the only reason I installed the collars was to prevent future damage to the end links like I have seen previous pictures of, I most definitely did not expect the improvement in cornering that I believe I am experiencing. I understand that it is probably just a "placebo effect", and it is all in my head, but right now I am thinking that centering the sway bar and locking it into place has to be the best 20 some dollars we have spent on the Grasshopper to date! :thumbsup:

Bill