Check Engine light 0 84?

• I swapped my surge tank for the DDM tank. Drove it once, let it sit in the garage, and idle for about 20 mins (to stress it, check for leaks etc) than gave it a couple revs to 3k and hold at 3k for a few seconds. The car threw the engine light. I shut off, turned back on. The light is still there, went for a drive everything feels fine. I searched the forum but couldn't find this fault code. Dave@DDMWorks Thank you in advance.

• chase_vaseleou

Different methods I’ve seen over the years to clear codes on a Slingshot:

1) Don’t worry about it. Use your sling as normal & it will eventually go away if it’s a temp glitch

2) a. Turn ignition on, let instruments sweep (don’t start engine) & turn ignition back off. Repeat 5 times.(Sometimes 4 times will do it)

2) b. Same as above but start engine each time.

3) Disconnect all 3 plugs from ECU for 1/2 hour then reconnect.

4) Disconnect a battery terminal for 1/2 hour then reconnect.

5) Have dealer clear code

If, after any or all of above, the code clears but then comes back, the code is probably valid & the issue must be corrected.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited 2 times, last by Tripod ().

• BTW, always let instruments sweep PRIOR to starting engine. If you just turn ignition on & immediately hit starter button, you can sometimes generate false codes.

Think of it as booting up your home computer - it really is the same thing...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• Thank you, love the community on this forum! I hope to be able to give advice soon rather than seek.

The engine light went out after the 4th restart! Moral of the story, the SS does not like to be revved while in neutral and not moving.

2016.5 SL LE Pearl white with factory red accent package. Utah based.

• You left out electrical tape over the offending light.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• This week in Maggie Valley one of the Slingshot would not start. Disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes and then reconnected. started right up and no further problems. Let the computer take a "nap" and get a little rest will fix lots of things.

sounds more like corrosion on the terminal....not “brain“ damage....