Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• Sorry guys - under federal law it is not illegal for a felon to own a muzzleloader but prohibits concealed carry of one.

That is correct. I have the Gamo Whisper pellet rifle (1450) and also the Swarm Magnum (1650) I have to put the Magnum butt on the ground to cock that one. The Swarm is also an auto loader on cocking with 10 rounds, which was the reason I bought it. .17 caliber on both. Both are good on tree rats and MISC. strays.

• Ya Gamo Whisper pellet rifle is what I have also. A fine shooting rifle. I have shot it at the indoor range at the targets that the 10 ring is the size of a pin head and with the scope on it it will shoot 10s all day. I am going to have to look at that Swarm Magnum that would be nice. What is the muzzle velocity on it? I have a Lab Radar and what Gamo says their will do is right on with the right pellets.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Ya Gamo Whisper pellet rifle is what I have also. A fine shooting rifle. I have shot it at the indoor range at the targets that the 10 ring is the size of a pin head and with the scope on it it will shoot 10s all day. I am going to have to look at that Swarm Magnum that would be nice. What is the muzzle velocity on it? I have a Lab Radar and what Gamo says their will do is right on with the right pellets.

I think it is the fastest Gamo right now, I think it is 1650

• Gamo says it is 1300 but then it is 22 cal and shooting a much heaver pellet. But that puts it right in there with a 22 LR and would make a nice addition to my collection.

• Yeah I saw a guy at the range once with a .30 cal air gun. Was on the 100 yard indoor range and had a compressor hooked up to it and that compressor plugged in. I made the joke that carrying all that has to make hunting with it a bitch, but he said he can get 3-4 shots at full power before he has to refill it. Just zero'n he likes it hooked up so all the same at full power. Kinda cool tool then decided against one when I saw the price and all that I'd need pump wise to get to those high pressures!

• I've been getting alerts again about small pistol primers being back in stock at midway. I tried to order one just to get total price and the $79/1k goes to 108 shipped. Considering I was selling these for over $300/1k during the demand peak, they have come down a quite a bit. Can set email alert to get an email when they are in stock, limit is still 1 per customer... I've used small rifle/pistol universally for awhile and can't seem to notice much difference in fps etc... So good for most pistol or your 5.56 flavors too.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod…DKdX7mgljtIvMsGvQHfz8_1L8

• Safe and suppressor question

Safe: I picked up a cheap safe and was wanting to add some extra security. Can some kind of padlock assembly be welded onto it?

Suppressor - I'm preparing a CZ Scorpion for home defense. I've got the red dot and one of the more important components is the suppressor. There are a crap ton of options, my only goal is not to blow out my ear drums if I need to defend the homestead. I'm throughly confused. Thoughts?

Safe: I picked up a cheap safe and was wanting to add some extra security. Can some kind of padlock assembly be welded onto it?

Suppressor - I'm preparing a CZ Scorpion for home defense. I've got the red dot and one of the more important components is the suppressor. There are a crap ton of options, my only goal is not to blow out my ear drums if I need to defend the homestead. I'm throughly confused. Thoughts?

You will have +$1,000 total in a legal suppressor.

Do not know about the safe. I went into that one buy once cry once. As for a supressor, I'm a fan of the dead air suppressors. Their odessa 9 is a great dedicated 9mm supressor and it's modular. It's also great on hand guns as it is very slim and you can use stock height sights with it. The other option they have that I have used but do not own is the Wolfman. It's a very effective multi caliber unit. Silencer Co also has some great offerings like the Octane 9. Or take a look at their Hybrid 46 and Hybrid 46M Both are multi caliber units. While I've never used one the YHM R9 seems to get a lot of good reviews especially in the sub gun and PCC arenas.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

If you bought a cheap safe, the only good it is to keep children away from your guns. A good hammer will knock that lock off. A good axe will get into a 3/16 inch good steel safe. Get a good fab shop to build you a real gun safe out of 1/4 to 3/8 steel with the lock protected so it can only be opened with a the key. So that you can not get a pry bar or a hammer to the lock. If done right the only way to get in is to cut it open with a gas torch.

• For Safes, not much of an opinion. Going to be crying there too when you find one, youtube how to break into it, then look for another model. I have 4, 3 of which you can youtube and get into in 2-15min and they weren't cheap safes.

On the suppressor - technology has really improved in these from the sense of "multi-cal". I have a .45 can, but can use on smaller with minimal db increase. The new multi-cal ones like this one though you don't get near the db increase somehow as you reduce caliber - https://www.advanced-armament.com/ti-rant-45m.html Just something to think about as you can buy one and use on a lot of smaller applications with adapters as well.

• I just have a rider on my homeowner’s policy for my guns - if I get broke into - I just get to go buy new ones

I have thought about that, but the way things are today I do not know that would be a good idea for the insurance company to know what you have. Just look what came out yesterday about CHASE/JP Morgan.

• Most gun safes on the on the market are not very safe. I had two and will not name the brand but they are very common gun safes. The battery went dead and I could not remember where I hide the key. Must have been a good place because I have yet to find it. Well I went online and searched on how to break into it. Was able to pick the lock in less then 15 seconds. There are cases on the internet where very young children have picked these locks. The one I have now is the best fire safe I could find and it will keep honest people out of it.

• Most gun safes on the on the market are not very safe. I had two and will not name the brand but they are very common gun safes. The battery went dead and I could not remember where I hide the key. Must have been a good place because I have yet to find it. Well I went online and searched on how to break into it. Was able to pick the lock in less then 15 seconds. There are cases on the internet where very young children have picked these locks. The one I have now is the best fire safe I could find and it will keep honest people out of it.

I knew a guy many years ago who thought all his guns were secure when he left town because he had them in this large gun safe. He went on a two week vacation and when he returned his home had been broken into the only things missing were the gun safe and another smaller fire safe that he had. Guess the thief didn't want to spend any time trying to open them on site so they must have just dollied them out to a truck

ever since this event I have lagged every safe I have owned to the concrete slab with 1/2 inch diameter carbon steel expansion anchors - - - at least with these they got to open the safe to remove the nuts if they want to steal it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies