Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• Yes the problem the FBI had going to the 40 S&W was that a lot of people couldn't shoot it very well. I owned a S&W Shield in 40 S&W. I could shoot it well but did not enjoy shooting it at the range. I believe in practicing with what you are carrying and I prefer to enjoy my practice sections. Traded it for the Shield 9mm which is a good shooter but as I love my 1911s in 45 I bought the Shield 45. There is a lot more to this caliber thing then just poking a hole and bleeding. The foot pounds of energy that is delivered to the target has a lot to do with stopping power. Before starting to sound like BD I will drop stating my opinions about the subject. Yes I have read most of the data and reports and most prove the point they are wanting to prove.

I don't carry a gun at all, I have guns for home defense, but except for practice and range shooting they don't leave the house, having said this I do find the subject to be interesting

just for kicks check this out - murderous attacker who simply would not go down, even though he was shot 14 times with .45-cal. ammunition – six of those hits in supposedly fatal locations.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• you just discovered why LEO always practices the double tap center mass. You stop pretty quick when your heart blows apart.

• That was a very good read @Edward Neal. it would have been interesting to know what brand and type ammo his department was using. As discuss in above post caliber is not as important and what the bullet does when entering the body. Poking holes just doesn't automatically get it done. If you like to read about this stuff a expert in the field is Massad Ayoob . I have read his books and if I ever had to go to trial he would have to be on my case.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• That was a very good read @Edward Neal. it would have been interesting to know what brand and type ammo his department was using. As discuss in above post caliber is not as important and what the bullet does when entering the body. Poking holes just doesn't automatically get it done. If you like to read about this stuff a expert in the field is Massad Ayoob . I have read his books and if I ever had to go to trial he would have to be on my case.

quick search came up with this - 230-gr. Speer Gold Dot . 45 hollowpoints

from this story

"Raymond Maddox did not survive. Autopsy showed he had been hit by 17 of Gramins’ 230-gr. Speer Gold Dot .45 hollowpoints. Some had hit extremities, including upper limbs as the officer’s bullets tracked up the gunman’s arms while he was firing at the cop. But Maddox had also been hit in one kidney, both lungs … and the heart. All three of Gramins’ last carefully braced, precisely aimed shots had indeed hit the head, but two had smashed into his face and only the last had pierced the brain and ended the fight."

• I missed that those are good bullets.

DJohnson

you didnt miss it - dont think it was in the first story I posted - fortunately the story has been widely shared and finding one that mentioned the ammo used was not difficult

• I think another thing that was interesting about that story is that Raymond Maddox was described as a 37 year old "lanky" 6 footer - - and that the autopsy found no evidence of drugs in his system

So not some huge guy on drugs as one might expect

• Lightweight aluminum would not last very long, would it?

Just haven't seen one of these adds for a couple years, used to be quite a few companies offering "solvent trap kits".

Sleeve the mounting threads with a SS nutsert and ...... never mind ....... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......