Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• dewman

I think the point trying to be made is maybe it is not just the weapon gun or otherwise.

You have to lend some credence to the fact that anyone who kills another person whether using a gun / knife / driving drunk / sells drugs cut with poisons / a doctor who does surgery under the influence / a company knowingly selling product that can cause cancer.

The bottom line is a lack of respect for human life. More a moral issue than anything else. Making it illegal doesn't fix that. If you can concentrate on that most everything could change. It is not a new issue it has been around throughout history.

Not that I have a solution - I just think the cause is not being identified.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• We all know what happens when a trained rifleman goes on a mass shooting spree - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…y_of_Texas_tower_shooting

I don't think we're ready for any more of those....

Goes exactly to my post above.

He was going to do it even if he was trained with a bow and arrow. The only difference would be his choice of perch.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I did a small bit of research on shooting deaths a few years ago, all top 10 cities were run by democrats, 8 out of the top 10 have been run by democrats for 50 years or so.

How much would that "mass shootings" number change if you remove democrat run murder mills?

• If the laws that are already on the books were enforced there would be a significant reduction in gun violence. If the gun haters got universal background checks and their so called “assault weapon” ban they would say “job well done let’s stop here”?? Liberal elites are just fine having armed guards protecting them 24/7 - that same group doesn’t want you to have a firearm for protection plus defund the police reducing response time. Just look at the Capitol right now - where were they when the country was on fire most of 2020??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I did a small bit of research on shooting deaths a few years ago, all top 10 cities were run by democrats, 8 out of the top 10 have been run by democrats for 50 years or so.

How much would that "mass shootings" number change if you remove democrat run murder mills?

"Democrat run murder mills?" Really?

Here are the top 10 US cities by murder rate per capita (2021 list), with how high it is compared to the US average, it will surprise you:

East St. Louis, IL - 27.8X (Seventh straight year, and nearly double the rate of #2, something's wrong here).

Gary IN - 15.6X

St. Louis, MO - 13X

Petersburg, VA - 12.2X

Baltimore, MD - 11.8X

Pine Bluff, AZ - 11.1X

Chester, PA - 10.6X

Jackson, MS - 9.5X

Detroit, MI 0 8.3X

Meridian, MS - 7.7X

https://www.neighborhoodscout.…ighest-murder-rate-cities

NONE of the ten biggest cities in the US made this list. Perhaps politics isn't the issue.

The top ten largest US cities in size order are:

NYC,

LA,

Chicago (East Chicago IN did make it at 24th I think, but Chicago is in IL)

Houston

Phoenix

Philidelphia

San Antonio

San Diego

Dallas

San Jose

https://www.mymove.com/city-gu…ompare/largest-us-cities/

Slingshot beginner (Nov 2020), 2019 S White/Black, Bullet Speed V-Back, with Blue Fire accents

• "Democrat run murder mills?" Really?...

You misunderstood me. I didn't not mean largest cities, but largest per capita gun crime.

These statistics are from The Daily Wire; which is conservative leaning, when I did the research I used different sources (one source for gun stats and a different source for the government).

Their source for the numbers was http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ which as far as I can tell is non partisan.

1. Detroit

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 20.0

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 50

Mayor: Michael Edward Duggan, Democrat

2. Memphis, Tennessee

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 19.5

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 51

Mayor: Jim Strickland, Democrat

3. Birmingham, Alabama

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 19.3

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 52

Mayor: Randall Woodfin, Democrat

4. Baltimore

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 18.5

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 54

Mayor: Jack Young, Democrat

5. Flint, Michigan

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 18.3

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 55

Mayor: Sheldon Neely, Democrat

6. St. Louis

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 18.2

Mayor: Lyda Krewson, Democrat

7. Danville, Illinois

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 18.0

Mayor: Ricky Williams Jr. (nonpartisan election)

8. Saginaw, Michigan

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 16.7

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 60

Mayor: Floyd Kloc (nonpartisan election)

9. Wilmington, Delaware

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 16.3

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 61

Mayor: Mike Purzycki, Democrat

10. Camden, New Jersey

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 16.2

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 62

Mayor: Francisco Moran, Democrat

11. Pine Bluff, Arkansas

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 16.0

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 62

Mayor: Shirley Washington, Democrat

12. Kansas City, Missouri

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 15.9

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 63

Mayor: Quinton Lucas, Democrat

13. San Bernardino, California

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 15.3

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 65

Mayor: John Valdivia, Democrat

14. Alexandria, Louisiana

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 14.6

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 68

Mayor: Jeffrey Hall, Democrat

15. Little Rock, Arkansas

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 14.6

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 68

Mayor: Frank Scott Jr., Democrat

16. Cleveland

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 14.5

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 69

Mayor: Frank Jackson, Democrat

17. Milwaukee

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 14.3

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 70

Mayor: Tom Barrett, Democrat

18. Stockton, California

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 14.2

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 70

Mayor: Michael Tubbs, Democrat

19. Monroe, Louisiana

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 14.1

Odds of being a victim: 1 in 71

Mayor: James Earl Mayo, Democrat

20. Chester, Pennsylvania

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 14.0

Mayor: Thaddeus Kirkland, Democrat

20. Chester, Pennsylvania

Violent crime rate (per 1,000 residents): 14.0

Mayor: Thaddeus Kirkland, Democrat

Even heavily left leaning politifact after dozens of paragraphs calling the claim that democrat run cities have higher murder rates (they rated it "mostly false"), they include the following paragraph:

"Elected leadership skews heavily Democratic in these cities as well. Among the 25 cities with the highest murder/manslaughter rate in 2018, three had Republican mayors, according to Ballotpedia and our research. (But again, the FBI discourages ranking cities in this way.) Some of those cities, like Milwaukee, are led by a Democrat even if the office is officially nonpartisan."

So their "mostly false" claim is technically "mostly bullsh*t".

• OK so let us just take the politics out of the equation for a minute

Look at the policies that lead to the problem. Forget who put the policies in place.

Not weapons bans but the policies that affect the everyday life of the people in the communities. Do any of them create tension between the people. Do any of them affect the family structure? Does any of this change the moral fabric of the community?

Why don't we concentrate on fixing that and let the rest follow.

I am not ignoring the fact that all of this is a political football on both sides but we need to fix. If you take away the tools the politicians use you regain the power.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Look at the policies that lead to the problem. Forget who put the policies in place....

Solution is simple. Stop incentivizing fatherless families.

Before the minority community was targeted with welfare; the rate of intact families for African Americans was higher than whites and broken families is the best guarantee for future poverty.

Let that sink in. Take a deep breath and imagine what our middle class would look like today had that trend continued.

Not to mention Blues music.

• dewman - you responded quickly when I used Chicago as an example of gun laws not working. Let’s look at the other end of the spectrum. Vermont and Maine have the least restrictive gun laws in the country - you don’t even need a permit for concealed carry. Guess who comes in 49th & 50th for the least amount of violent crimes per capita Maine - 50 - Vermont 49. It is really quite simple - keep guns out of the hands of felons - which there are ample laws - NOT release them out in society to pick up a gun again. Maine and Vermont are prime examples that responsible gun owners are not a threat to society and do not need government to edit or modify the 2nd Amendment!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Olney is a section of Philadelphia. I live approximately 15 miles east of Philadelphia. I worked in Philly the last 10 years prior retiring a year ago. I always tried to take the slingshot to work every opportunity I could. My biggest fear was in the morning, I usually got to my workstation before sunrise. Seeing the wackos riding in an open slingshot while at a red light was an experience. I ran more than a few lights to get out of a potential situation.

This was published 3 hours ago. Interested second paragraph. Another question of reality. Reading the following events within the article how many would a rational person conclude were perpetrated by individuals intending to abide gun control laws? Imagine how many crimes are not reported!

Police reported no arrests in connection with any of the incidents.

A false narrative has been established putting the police in danger.

Suspect in Olney mass shooting remains at large (msn.com)

• The bottom line is a lack of respect for human life. More a moral issue than anything else.

Not that I have a solution - I just think the cause is not being identified.

This! Your statement in bold...

Seen very clearly with something not even related to guns... Covid-19... Over half a million and nobody cares, unless it was someone close to you, and even still, some think it's made up, or the death was attributed to c19 even though it was heart disease, cancer, whatever...

Bottom line people are selfish, don't care about others, and no respect for life. We're all desensitized... We fear robots... Ha! We're almost there as humans!

• Bottom line people are selfish, don't care about others, and no respect for life. We're all desensitized... We fear robots... Ha! We're almost there as humans!

If you would, please go deeper with this thought. How did we get here. What institutions have been systematically broken down that our children are no longer taught individual responsibility but rather to worship the collective. When and how did pride in the things that instill traditional values become heresy.

.... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• ...Look at the policies that lead to the problem. Forget who put the policies in place...

To expand on my previous answer.

1. For those on public assistance - offer free contraceptives and one time financial incentive for sterilization - VOLUNTARY!!!!!!!

2. Cap public benefits for additional children - 2 perhaps?

3. Eliminate taxes for businesses that want to operate in the area and add police presence IN THE BUSINESS AREAS - Rand Paul has proposed something similar called "Enterprise Zones".

4. Seriously look into election fraud - I remember an undercover video from Project Veritas where a New York democrat worker lamented how prevalent the fraud was (this was 2015). I had read that there was a commission headed by Mike Pence that looked into it and found nothing; I find this hard to believe.

5. depoliticise education - We've seen many videos in schools where teachers openly shared their Trump Derangement Syndrome.

• 5. depoliticise education - We've seen many videos in schools where teachers openly shared their Trump Derangement Syndrome.

This is an example of where we need to get more involved. Pay more attention to what our children are being taught in school. Especially in their younger years I am totally amazed at how different my kids are after leaving college.

If we were more involved we would see more and take that to the voting booth. We need to realize it is not just D or R it is the future of our children. We as parents need to voice what we want our children to be taught.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• The "D" or "R" isn't as relevant as their cult like devotion to politics.

Agreed but if people do not get more involved with schools and the community and only rely on the social media and the mainstream media they will never know why things are happening.

I live in a very rural area and I volunteer for a lot of community programs we cannot get volunteers to help. If more people would get involved we could accomplish so much more. We don't even do anything political, concerts / car shows / fundraiser for kids activities that kind of stuff.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• If you would, please go deeper with this thought. How did we get here. What institutions have been systematically broken down that our children are no longer taught individual responsibility but rather to worship the collective. When and how did pride in the things that instill traditional values become heresy.

.... nerd-squared

My main pet peeves as to why...

1. Loss of Religion... Whatever it may be, it's dwindling... And stems from the parents and the values to their children.

2. Social Media... I've said it many times here. Don't need to get into it.

If families were to get back to their Gods and social media would go away... Wow... Imagine.

And just saying... Trump, not religious, don't even pretend... And social media, he played the game...