Everything on the 2nd Amendment

• I have a center console vault in my Jeep Wrangler and if I am any where I have to leave any hand gun in a car it is locked up tight. There are far to many guns stolen from vehicles around here and used in crimes. I just can't understand why someone would leave a gun in a car in their driveway over night or anytime or a parking lot. My guns are to valuable and I like my carry guns.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• So, a question. On the subject of guns in courthouses i have always been aware that in Federal courthouses it is universally against the law no matter where you are, but I have also been under the impression that State, County and other “lower” courthouses are subject to the laws in their jurisdiction and that if that jurisdiction says you can carry then you can - again I’m in California so so not something that would ever happen here, but what about better States? Are there places that allow you to carry in the local non federal courthouses?

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• NAA 22LR. In my pocket ALL THE TIME. RGrocery store, Walmart, gas station, court house, Post Office, church.

Nobody knows, except for my wife.

A little .22 will not do you any good? Where shall we meet, and where do you want me to shoot you?

I was having this conversation with a former coworker (female) who was getting a gun and was concerned about the "small" 22 cal. I told her it would put holes in people that weren't there before and that is never good.

• Putting holes in someone does no good if those holes doesn't stop them from shooting you or a loved one while they are still able. Sure a shot to the brain with a 22 LR will do the job but are you capable of making that shot when the guy pulls a knife of a gun on you. I subject you do a little more research before you feel protected by that 22 LR even the 22 mag is questionable. I have many of each and am a dam good shot with them. I can take the buttons off your shirt at self defense range but sure as heck wouldn't carry one if my life might depend on it. I don't feel real comfortable carrying my S&W 380 Bodyguard but there are times it is my only carry gun that will fit in my gym shorts pocket. The 38 Special used to be what law enforcement carried then they seen the need to move up to better calibers when they came came available. The object to to neutralize the threat and as quick as possible. You also don't want to over pernitrate as you are responsible for killing those good people standing behind the bad guy. Other wise I would be carrying my 44 Mag. Another good thing to remember just be cause it was a good shoot and you are not being charged you maybe going to civil court and the bad guys family my want to live in your house. I could say a lot more about this subject as I have done a lot of research into carrying for self defense and have the test equipment to test different calibers and loads. I load and shoot 9 different calibers and know a little bit but probably said enough. I just don't want to see one of my brothers or sisters in this Slingshot family to die because they though they had enough gun. One last thing go and shoot that thing often.

• Yes Biden want to be able to have the police enter your house with out a warrant and take your guns. He says it can be done under the constitution under a amendment that has a Heath and Safety of the Community clause.

• Putting holes in someone does no good if those holes doesn't stop them from shooting you or a loved one while they are still able. Sure a shot to the brain with a 22 LR will do the job but are you capable of making that shot when the guy pulls a knife of a gun on you. I subject you do a little more research before you feel protected by that 22 LR even the 22 mag is questionable. I have many of each and am a dam good shot with them. I can take the buttons off your shirt at self defense range but sure as heck wouldn't carry one if my life might depend on it. I don't feel real comfortable carrying my S&W 380 Bodyguard but there are times it is my only carry gun that will fit in my gym shorts pocket. The 38 Special used to be what law enforcement carried then they seen the need to move up to better calibers when they came came available. The object to to neutralize the threat and as quick as possible. You also don't want to over pernitrate as you are responsible for killing those good people standing behind the bad guy. Other wise I would be carrying my 44 Mag. Another good thing to remember just be cause it was a good shoot and you are not being charged you maybe going to civil court and the bad guys family my want to live in your house. I could say a lot more about this subject as I have done a lot of research into carrying for self defense and have the test equipment to test different calibers and loads. I load and shoot 9 different calibers and know a little bit but probably said enough. I just don't want to see one of my brothers or sisters in this Slingshot family to die because they though they had enough gun. One last thing go and shoot that thing often.

it is a very interesting subject - - the capability of a gun to kill vs using it for self defense can be very different things

It is rather well known that many professional killers will use a 22 with a suppressor and they kill very efficiently with one or two shots to the head - - obviously this tells you that 22 can be very deadly

now having said this does not mean the 22 is necessary a good choice for self defense where you might need stop a very angry person, on speed or pcp who is very intent on killing - - here that same deadly 22 might just make the bad guy even madder and he certainly is not going to be sitting still waiting for you to do a double tap to his skull

just making holes that were not there before could actually make a person more dangerous than they already were - - and the fact they might bleed out and die 10 - 20 minutes later won't really matter much.

frankly if I wanted a tiny pocket gun for self defense I think I would get one of the little 2 shot 45 caliber derringers -

• it is a very interesting subject - - the capability of a gun to kill vs using it for self defense can be very different things

In the hands of properly trained and more importantly a person willing to use it to defend themselves a .22 is infinitely more useful than any large caliber defensive weapon in the hands of a novice too scared to pull the trigger. In most cases the latter is more a danger to themselves than anyone else.

So like the argument against gun bans it is the person, not the weapon that makes the difference.

...... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Putting holes in someone does no good if those holes doesn't stop them from shooting you or a loved one while they are still able. Sure a shot to the brain with a 22 LR will do the job but are you capable of making that shot when the guy pulls a knife of a gun on you. I subject you do a little more research before you feel protected by that 22 LR even the 22 mag is questionable...

Every second + every extra hole reduces an attackers effectiveness plus the shock of having extra holes actively expelling blood.

Personally I prefer a 9mm as a larger guy; the recoil is a non issue but for a smaller petite woman I'd rather her have a 22 that she is comfortable shooting to defend herself than a larger gun that intimidates her.

• When it first came out the 9mm was found not to be a very good defense gun but now if you purchase a 9mm that will handle +P or even ++P loads it is a very good gun. There are a few defense loads for the 9mm that are not +P loads that are petty good. My first carry gun was a S&W 40SW Shield. A fine gun but not enjoyable to shoot. Traded it for a 9mm Shield but wanted more gun so bought the 45 ACP Shield. Best carry gun I own. Well if I don't count some of my 1911s in various calibers. I like to shoot my carry gun once a week at the range and you don't need to shoot heavy loads for that. In a defensive shoot you probably are not even going to notice the recoil. The range I belong to has instruction classes with range time for ladies and a ladies night. They get to shoot many types of handguns and learn to handled them safely.

• Edward Neal

Top photo a S&W 380 Bodyguard double action only.

Bottom photo a Bond Arms Snake Slayer but shoots a 3" 410 that comes in slugs or some nasty defense loads.

I really like that Snake Slayer, but here in California pistols that can shoot 45 colt / 410 shotgun shells fall under the sawed off shotgun classification and are not legal

• Ya Ca has a lot of dump gun rules. I only carry that gun when fishing because Fl has a lot of bad snakes but 3" #9 shots discourage them from wanting in the boat with me. BTW we can open carry when going to/coming from or at fishing, hunting, and camping. A few other things in there like to the range or hiking but the little old ladies don't know those rules keep yelling he's got a gun.

• Ya Ca has a lot of dump gun rules. I only carry that gun when fishing because Fl has a lot of bad snakes but 3" #9 shots discourage them from wanting in the boat with me. BTW we can open carry when going to/coming from or at fishing, hunting, and camping. A few other things in there like to the range or hiking but the little old ladies don't know those rules keep yelling he's got a gun.

when I was 18 and first started acquiring guns open carry was completely legal here in California - these days its only allowed out in rural areas - - doesn't really matter to me even if it were legal I don't think I would be inclined to walk around anyplace with other people with a gun strapped to my hip - - - Being California I am sure the liberal panseys would freak out and need to go find a safe zone where they wouldn't have to see an evil gun

• I have a question for the legal eagles out there; if I believe my life is being threatened by someone that smashes out my car window and then climbs into my car, am I justified in shooting them, same as if they had forcefully entered my home? I'm inspired to ask because of a disturbing trend of violent incidents that are making the news these days.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I have a question for the legal eagles out there; if I believe my life is being threatened by someone that smashes out my car window and then climbs into my car, am I justified in shooting them, same as if they had forcefully entered my home? I'm inspired to ask because of a disturbing trend of violent incidents that are making the news these days.

DJohnson is correct as state law does vary. Basically where applicable - your automobile is an extension of your home. The laws pertaining to a home invasion are the same as a invasion of your vehicle. IMPORTANT CAVEAT - you must be able to demonstrate that you felt your life was in danger as today’s political environment could result in prosecution no matter what. Sad but true !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• DJohnson is correct as state law does vary. Basically where applicable - your automobile is an extension of your home. The laws pertaining to a home invasion are the same as a invasion of your vehicle. IMPORTANT CAVEAT - you must be able to demonstrate that you felt your life was in danger as today’s political environment could result in prosecution no matter what. Sad but true !!

I agree, and yes, it is sad that in the increasingly "liberal" court of public opinion, it's becoming less of a burden to prove your guilt and more of a burden to prove your innocence. I'm quite disturbed by recent stories about gangs of violent individuals attacking stopped vehicles and nearly destroying them in the melee that ensues. I'm not the type of person that would shoot someone for that. The car can always be repaired, but when I see how violent some of those idiots become, I can't help but to think, if one of them actually entered my vehicle, in an attempt to get to me or my wife, I believe one well-placed shot to the head would eliminate the threat and I'd sleep like a baby.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"