Surge tank issue

• Dave@DDMWorks can you address the installation of your tank without changing the hoses? Is it doable or do you need the new hoses for the install. I know there is a reroute but thought that was only recommended/necessary for the boosted crowd. Are the stock hose a serious liability? Thanks brother - you're consistent input here helps a LOT of folks.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Dave@DDMWorks can you address the installation of your tank without changing the hoses? Is it doable or do you need the new hoses for the install. I know there is a reroute but thought that was only recommended/necessary for the boosted crowd. Are the stock hose a serious liability? Thanks brother - you're consistent input here helps a LOT of folks.

The coolant tanks can and have been installed with stock hoses, no problem. The stock hoses work fine, the coolant reroute is a nice addition when going boosted and the silicone hoses above the heat of the exhaust will hold up better than the stock hoses, but definitely not required, just adds some insurance.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• I've got a friend who I ride with that had his tank crack. He swapped it for the ddm tank but left the hoses alone kept those factory. He still rides with no issues other than not having to worry about the tank leaking.

If mods are minimal like they were for him then the tank is a must. If you like adding those extras like me then the hoses are a must too. Not that make extra and your already in there anyways. I did all of mine at the same time but it was more for the visual.

• I have told Terry at least 5 times in the past 2 weeks that you NEVER pull the cap off of the radiator to check the level always check the level at the overflow tank this helps remove any air from the coolant system. Some people just cannot get this thru their head. Even the real mechanics cannot get this thru their head.

• I have told Terry at least 5 times in the past 2 weeks that you NEVER pull the cap off of the radiator to check the level always check the level at the overflow tank this helps remove any air from the coolant system. Some people just cannot get this thru their head. Even the real mechanics cannot get this thru their head.

The first time they pull the cap off the radiator before the pressure has subsided, they'll get it through their head real quick while they're flushing hot coolant out of their eyes. Yeah, I learned that lesson the hard way when I was 16 years old... and it stuck! 🤔

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• My understanding is the tank on the Slingshot is not an overflow tank.

It is a reservoir mounted higher than the highest point of the engine water passages to provide positive fluid feed.

Without the tank, the radiator would be lower than the highest engine water passages leading to steam/air trapping.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

A private joke among a few of you here, right? :/

Bill

• Thank you, I'm out of warranty, looking at DDM (backorder...). So the symptom of the system not cooling properly even though the surge tank is full is normal if the surge tank can't pressurize? I didn't know if it was a bigger problem beyond the surge tank. At that point I'd just take it to the dealer.

Were you able to get a replacement? If not, email me angie@ddmworks.com and I will see what I can do to get you taken care of.

• Dave@DDMWorks can you address the installation of your tank without changing the hoses? Is it doable or do you need the new hoses for the install. I know there is a reroute but thought that was only recommended/necessary for the boosted crowd. Are the stock hose a serious liability? Thanks brother - you're consistent input here helps a LOT of folks

SlingMods Brandon well Chris got my tank to me fast! 4 days, they only had black. I have the 16.5 SL LE with the red trim. Would have loved red. Installed it same day, 30 min job. Taped it with painter tape to avoid scratching it. I used the factory hoses but swapped the clamps for the ones in the DDM kit. Way easier to use a socket to tighten then fit pliers to re-clamp the OEM style.

Couple notes, 2 of the 3 nipples aren't installed. They were difficult to screw in. I ended up calling Dave@DDMWorks to make sure I wasn't about to strip the nipples or the tank itself. I understand why they aren't pre-installed but it would be nice for you to run them in and out then ship but I'm sure Dave has good reason for not doing this. It did chip off some of the powder coat outside the threads while VERY carefully screwing it in, as the powder coat had entered the threads. Also the bolt brackets were to wide on my SS. I had to bolt the drivers side then use a TON of pressure to align the hole to bolt on the passenger side.

Overall a super easy install. No leaks as of yet, I didn't use thread sealant or tape as it did not outline this in the instructions. Excited to do stage 1 DDMworks turbo this winter.