Just how much is GM?

• There's no doubt that the weakest link in the Slingshot brand is the dealer network. If you used that metric to judge the ultimate success or failure of the brand, it looks like it's declining and not expanding.

I don't know if I would sell the Sling under you're circumstances or not wjfyfe since I've only been to the dealer once (warranty swap on my angle drive) but, realistically, you are looking at two 800 mile round trips for one dealer visit (drop off and pick up). That is a difficult pill to swallow. But I love the Sling and it seems you do too. Tough call...

You hit the nail right on the head, SlingLow, thank you for your understanding!

Bill

• What exactly would this get me?

Bill

It replaces the factory ECU with a stand alone ECU and comes with a plug and play harness specifically for the slingshot. It will still work with your factory cluster. You do however lose traction control and cruise control. However, it sounds like getting cruise control back may be something that happens next year in an update. You have way more control over the tuning. The initial tuning would need to be done after the install. However, after that, you can data log and remote tune someone from anywhere on the planet emailing files back and forth. They seem to run a lot better and it gets rid of a lot of the "personality quirks" that come along with the slingshot.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• And you no longer have reliance on a dealer with digital wrench, that goes away. Things like ABS or power steering might still need something, so keep your ECU in case you need to plug it back in. I think Rab found that out when they were diagnosing his power steering issue.

Having the haltech would just give your local mechanic more control over it vs the stock MEFI ecu.

• And you no longer have reliance on a dealer with digital wrench, that goes away. Things like ABS or power steering might still need something, so keep your ECU in case you need to plug it back in. I think Rab found that out when they were diagnosing his power steering issue.

Having the haltech would just give your local mechanic more control over it vs the stock MEFI ecu.

You can still access ABS using digital wrench even with the Haltech installed. I have done it several times with my dealer trying to resolve a brake issue. When you open digital wrench just select brakes. From there you can activate the ABS and then do a brake bleed.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You can still access ABS using digital wrench even with the Haltech installed. I have done it several times with my dealer trying to resolve a brake issue. When you open digital wrench just select brakes. From there you can activate the ABS and then do a brake bleed.

Oh, nice to know, thanks!

• Where would this have to be done?

Thanks for all the info!

Bill

No problem. We would do it here in Wyoming Michigan at our shop. I've installed them on 3 customer builds and also on my own. Below are some pics of the unit. The $1900 I mentioned is the first pic. You get the ECU and the plug n play harness. There are also options you can add on like a flex fuel sensor if you want to run E85 but that is typically more appealing to the guys with turbos and superchargers. You can also add a digital dash like in the other pic but that adds an additional $880 to the cost and they take a while to install as there is a decent amount of wiring and pinning that is needed. But again, you definitely can run the ECU with your stock cluster and that is not an issue at all.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke