quietest tires

• I have run the Nitto Motivo's all the way around and they are supposed to be a very quiet tire, but to be honest I really have never noticed tire noise from any of the tires I have run - with my double bubble windshields and the wind noise and everything else cant even hear the tires

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well, here is why I'm asking. We do a lot of long distance driving. many times on interstates. at 70 mph, on certain kinds of pavement, with noisy tires, it is very hard to hear when my wife and I are trying to communicate.

I've noticed that the OEM tires always seem to be fairly quiet on all kinds of pavement, but i replaced my rear tire with a Nitto Invo, and when it hits a certain kind of pavement, it makes a LOT of noise. all the noise comes from the back, the fronts are still quiet.

so, turning up the radio, etc, does not address the problem. I'm not trying to cover up the noise with more noise, I'm trying to lower the overall background noise

• Well, here is why I'm asking. We do a lot of long distance driving. many times on interstates. at 70 mph, on certain kinds of pavement, with noisy tires, it is very hard to hear when my wife and I are trying to communicate.

I've noticed that the OEM tires always seem to be fairly quiet on all kinds of pavement, but i replaced my rear tire with a Nitto Invo, and when it hits a certain kind of pavement, it makes a LOT of noise. all the noise comes from the back, the fronts are still quiet.

so, turning up the radio, etc, does not address the problem. I'm not trying to cover up the noise with more noise, I'm trying to lower the overall background noise

99,000 miles and still counting, normally 85 on the inter state

I drive 80-90 mph on the turnpike. Fresh asphalt is the most quiet surface, old asphalt is next and concrete is the worst. If you notice the pickup with oversized tires and big knobs are the noisiest tires. Winter Tires without studs are noisy and with studs even worse. Since we drive on normal summer treads they all should be pretty quiet. I think it had to do With the closeness of the tread pattern. More rubber on the road, less noise.

• As I noted on the thread that I referenced above, the BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S All-Season Tire does a great job where traction is concerned, both wet and dry, but on certain road surfaces I have been known to dig out the ear plugs.

Bill

I really have to disagree with you about the BFG tires, I ran both and the BFG's are the worse tires that I have bought, including the stock Kenda's. The General G-Max AS-03 were the best but they do not make it anymore. The new General that Goats_Hogs is running, I forget the number is said to be just as good and will be my next tires to buy. Right now I am running the Riken Raptor ZR Ultra High Performance and they are just as good as the AS-03. I still have a full set of the Riken and another spare for the rear. Great tire for the wet.

• I really have to disagree with you about the BFG tires, I ran both and the BFG's are the worse tires that I have bought, including the stock Kenda's

Are you referencing noise, or traction? Yes, they can be noisy, otherwise, at least 30 some percent of our riding is on wet roads and they have yet to let loose on me, especially compared to the original Kenda's.

Bill

• Are you referencing noise, or traction? Yes, they can be noisy, otherwise, at least 30 some percent of our riding is on wet roads and they have yet to let loose on me, especially compared to the original Kenda's.

Bill

Let us just say I wore out the BFG AS and a set of the Ultra performance, it took booth to make a believer out of me. 99,000 miles and a little bit of rain does not stop me from riding. The noise level is not even on my list of things about tires. Traction in the wet is first and traction in the dry is second.

• I really have to disagree with you about the BFG tires, I ran both and the BFG's are the worse tires that I have bought, including the stock Kenda's. The General G-Max AS-03 were the best but they do not make it anymore. The new General that Goats_Hogs is running, I forget the number is said to be just as good and will be my next tires to buy. Right now I am running the Riken Raptor ZR Ultra High Performance and they are just as good as the AS-03. I still have a full set of the Riken and another spare for the rear. Great tire for the wet.

You are talking about The General RS series. Beats the AS-03 in every way other than miles. The RS will only get around 10k if you are pushing it hard. I got about 11k on my first Sling. This Sling is supercharged, and I'm likely looking at about 9-10k max (maybe less, not determined yet). Yes, I hit it harder. But even with 330 HP at the crank, if the road is sticky enough I can hold thru 2nd without breaking traction. The Nitto 555 broke in 3rd at 5500 RPM under full throttle as a comparison, less on a 65 degree day (as low at 45 MPH in 3rd, went sideways when it was 62 degrees in the fall evening). As for the AS-03, it was great if you were N/A and just wanted decent miles from the tire and great overall traction and hold in curves. The RS will do way better, but rough figure about 10K for the life of the tire. At $200ish for the rear (the fronts will run closer to 25-30k), I'll stick with it. (Pun intended)

• You are talking about The General RS series. Beats the AS-03 in every way other than miles. The RS will only get around 10k if you are pushing it hard. I got about 11k on my first Sling. This Sling is supercharged, and I'm likely looking at about 9-10k max (maybe less, not determined yet). Yes, I hit it harder. But even with 330 HP at the crank, if the road is sticky enough I can hold thru 2nd without breaking traction. The Nitto 555 broke in 3rd at 5500 RPM under full throttle as a comparison, less on a 65 degree day (as low at 45 MPH in 3rd, went sideways when it was 62 degrees in the fall evening). As for the AS-03, it was great if you were N/A and just wanted decent miles from the tire and great overall traction and hold in curves. The RS will do way better, but rough figure about 10K for the life of the tire. At $200ish for the rear (the fronts will run closer to 25-30k), I'll stick with it. (Pun intended)

Very interested in how you find the R/S tire in cool (below 60F) and cold (below 40F) conditions?

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Very interested in how you find the R/S tire in cool (below 60F) and cold (below 40F) conditions?

It does well down to 60. It gets harder and will spin easier around that and below. It's not recommended for below either 30 or 40 degrees, I don't recall. It's a ultra high performance summer tire. I don't ride much below 45 anyway, so it works for me.