Hello! New member from Montreal, Canada

• Just wanted to say hi!

I have a red 2016 SL since a year now and I love it!

I made some mods during last winter (SLR-style vinyls, headlamps LEDs, steering wheel cover, shift knob replacement, gas cap replacement, etc.) but now the belt looks like it needs to be adjusted so I need to find a service manual to figure out how to do it...

• Ummm... Actually I SUPPOSE the belt needs to be adjusted because it's not in the center of the "wheel" (? Don't know the name) and that makes a noise (more and more annoying). When I manually place the belt in the center of that "wheel" there's no noise anymore but it doesn't take long before it comes back.

A forum member juste sent me the manual so I'll check that adjustment later this week.

• Ummm... Actually I SUPPOSE the belt needs to be adjusted because it's not in the center of the "wheel" (? Don't know the name) and that makes a noise (more and more annoying). When I manually place the belt in the center of that "wheel" there's no noise anymore but it doesn't take long before it comes back.

A forum member juste sent me the manual so I'll check that adjustment later this week.

The belt does not run center and most will make some noise. Clean the belt if you have to and leave it alone. There probably a few threads on here about belt noises, try the search function to find them

• Welcome J1748 , lots of smart guys here but they let me in anyway. There's tons of info on belt adjustment and probably the best explanations and how to's come from samowens44 on his You Tube videos. The early consensus was that the belt should be oriented to the left side of the sprocket (correct term), but not touching it, when not running. Sam has produced video showing it's movement under power and it's not what was expected. Since then, people have reported success with center aligned belts as well. You didn't mentioned which side of the sprocket yours was biased to. Also, it's possible that an over-tight belt can cause unwanted noise. Most people (I think} have adjusted the belt to a looser spec than factory. Good luck - you're in the right place for quality advice.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)