Addressing these issues: Straying toward politics, Lack of current content, A cool surprise, and a request from the Admin...

• I'm aware of the lack of Slingshot releated topics and posts. I am also aware that people on Facebook are asking hundreds of questions everyday that we have the answers to. I have recently started looking at Facebook to see just how many people have questions about their Slingshot that we are missing and could help with if they knew about this place. I have an answer to to that problem.... Those members that use Facebook get your butts over there and when you see a question come up like "my brake light switch isn't working" or " does 500 miles seem like the correct time for the first oil change" or "is the module behind the head supposed to have a hose attached to it" or "what size are the halos on the front of the slingshot" please take a second and post a link back to the forum and drag them over here. You can type in the text field that they can search for it on the forum or they can just come over here and ask. If you want to post a link to the search box on Facebook here it is.

https://slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?search/

If you just want to post a reply like the one below it will get them to the right place. .

Come over over to https://slingshotinfo.com and they will help you find the answer to just about anything Slingshot releated.

mytoy I really want to agree with you and I do agree that politics seem to find thier way into every thread. HOWEVER the last few months their has been very very very little related to slingshots to talk about. Covid has stopped nearly every event. The one major event that was held in Houston I made sure that I was there. I definitely made sure the forum was represented. And everyone that was on the forum made plenty of post about it.

Don't worry. mytoy it will pick back up here. I happen to have some very very awesome details about some new developments coming to the Slingshot community. I promise it will be interesting for a lot of people. I really can't say right now or I would. Just stay tuned for the next few weeks and y'all will be treated to a few new goodies that I'm sure will get a lot of attention.

I am about to do some much needed house cleaning. The Covid thread has gotten a bit more political than it probably should have. I'll close it and someone can open another one. It needs to be closed anyway because its freaking huge now.

Now, if y'all have noticed I have not told anyone to stop posting nor have I said not to talk about any particular subjects. I had rather have a bit of off topic content than no content. Just do me two small easy favors.... Try the best you can to stay on topic and think of others feelings just a bit. AND... GO AFTER THOSE LOST SOULS ON FACEBOOK THAT NEED INFO. DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM ON FACEBOOK. MAKE THEN COME HERE. I will also be forcing people to sign up to see the content in those sections. I'm tired of seeing "guest" pop over here and get what they want and then leave. There need to at least sign up. Its It's not like it cost anything to be a member. This way they will at least get some email notifications in the future.

I will be checking Facebook a little each day to see if my members are doing just a little recruitment on Facebook. :thumbsup:.. I mean don't spam them to death ,,, but it will be nice to see the little panda logo pop up over there a lot more often... ^^. If you post the forums website address it will put the panda logo and link in the post when you hit enter..

I hope my rambling makes a little sense and I hope I addressed a few people worries about politics creeping into each thread. I'll clean some of the heavier post up tomorrow and I'll close a thread or two and y'all can start a new thread when I do. And lastly, If everyone that does play on Facebook will do a little recruitment it will all be ok.

Thanks,

Rabtech...

• By the way. I'm so proud of everyone that is a member here..... I just browsed over to another Slingshot forum that we probably all know. I used to wonder if this site would ever be able to have more post and more traffic than it or any other forum. I pulled the page up that shows their "recent activity" and was amazed at what I saw. On one screen I could go from the post that were made today all the way back to 8 days ago. Now that is "lack of content and activity".....

I have always felt that we shouldn't go over to other forums and post about the site here. Well I now believe that we should watch for people looking for information on other forums (when we briefly stop by ) and reach out any way you can and get them to come here for support. I am not saying to bring their forums down with post that have links back to here. ^^

Y'all know what to do. Let's get out there and make some new online friends and let make them members of the most active Slingshot forum on the internet..... That's all I will say on that........8)

• Let's try something. I have an additional web address that will most likely work at other forums and won't be blocked. I don't want to publish it because it would be blocked immediately.

I need each one of you that wants the link to send me a private message. Now remember if y'all post it in the forums everyone will see it and it will quickly be blocked. So if you use it at another forum it should be in a Private Message to the member or members that your wanting to help.

When u send a message to me just put LINK in the subject and rabtech in the participants and in the body of the message just type link and I'll reply with the address.

https://slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?conversation-add/

• Thanks rabtech for everything you do for us!

A few months ago, before TDS really fell to the dark side, the spammers, I had requested that they let bygones be just that, and stop filtering this site. They indeed took out the filter and it's still off, just tested it at https://www.slingshotforums.com/members/ejford.2971/

When the spammers went full tilt for days, I gave up on the other site and quit trying to help the newbies there. Plus, just not enough time in the day.

• Thanks rabtech for everything you do for us!

A few months ago, before TDS really fell to the dark side, the spammers, I had requested that they let bygones be just that, and stop filtering this site. They indeed took out the filter and it's still off, just tested it at https://www.slingshotforums.com/members/ejford.2971/

When the spammers went full tilt for days, I gave up on the other site and quit trying to help the newbies there. Plus, just not enough time in the day.

I have not been back since they changed the format. I would go there just to check the Want/For Sale section

• wokka that is amazing.

Well I guess people can use slingshotinfo.com in their post.... If it changes just let me know. As I mentioned above , I have an address we can use if this new development changes.

Just post links when you feel like someone isn't getting any help or you know there is info over here that can help them. I still like private messaging the best to get the word out to people.

If y'all still want the alternative website link just message me.