3 year anniversary

• Just because I consider this place and the people here family I would like to share

Today is the 3 year anniversary of me being 100% alcohol free. From July 11, 2017 to today I have not had a single drop

just for kicks when I woke up at 5:30 that day I thought I might just take a break and cut back so I started an event timer

Thanks to 2020 being a leap year I actually got an extra day :00008674:

i-s9T4JWZ-X2.png

Considering just how much enjoyed my IPA I have saved a ton of potential mod money

anyway - not important to anyone else, but your family :00002047:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Congrats my brother, the older I get the more I try to keep myself healthy. I don’t consider alcohol in my diet at all either.
    Well done sir!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thank you all for your love and support - - - I know its not for everyone, but it was something I needed to do - - - love this place :love:

• Ed, thanks for sharing. You have every right to be proud of your accomplishment! Stick with it! 👍

:thumbsup:

• 35 years without one for me. I have no desire to go back there again and know full well that "just one" would stop there

yep - I agree, I like not drinking and no way do I have any desire to start again - - - - even one drink would feel like I threw away the last 3 years - and for what?

I will add that over my 66 years I have had some bad habits, smoking and many others among them, but one thing I have been very good at is quitting those habits and walking away from them - - - when I do things I tend to do them to excess. but I also am very good at sticking to my guns when I decide its time to stop

Anyway - thank you all again - your all gold to me

• I will add that over my 66 years I have had some bad habits, smoking and many others among them, but one thing I have been very good at is quitting those habits and walking away from them - - - when I do things I tend to do them to excess. but I also am very good at sticking to my guns when I decide its time to stop

Change that number to 60 and you just described me. In my opinion, and it's just an opinion, a guy needs to own his behavior. If something becomes a problem, it's up to you to fix it. Not some self-help guru, celebrity or even a loved one. The key to this is conviction and conviction only comes from within. Good on ya Edward Neal for keeping yourself in order. Many don't.

Live long and prosper!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Change that number to 60 and you just described me. In my opinion, and it's just an opinion, a guy needs to own his behavior. If something becomes a problem, it's up to you to fix it. Not some self-help guru, celebrity or even a loved one. The key to this is conviction and conviction only comes from within. Good on ya Edward Neal for keeping yourself in order. Many don't.

Live long and prosper!

I agree the key to changing habits has to come from within - - if you dont really want to make the change you will never succeed - - outside pressure is rarely enough - - of course thats just my opinion - - if I dont truly want to make the change probably isnt going to happen - not long term at least8o

• It will be 27 years for me on September 10th. Of course I drank enough to float the Enterprise before and my oldest was starting kindergarten, so I figured it was time to stop. Life got much better and I do have a lot more mod money.

• Around 20 years ago, my wife strongly suggested that I quit smoking, or would it be too hard for me to quit. I told her that quitting was easy. I had done it numerous times. That's when I decided to do it for real.

Cold turkey. No gum, no "programs", no patches. Threw away what I had and quit.

Five or six years later, I had one. Had a coughing fit, and the taste lingered for hours. That was it. One in 20 years.

• Around 20 years ago, my wife strongly suggested that I quit smoking, or would it be too hard for me to quit. I told her that quitting was easy. I had done it numerous times. That's when I decided to do it for real.

Cold turkey. No gum, no "programs", no patches. Threw away what I had and quit.

Five or six years later, I had one. Had a coughing fit, and the taste lingered for hours. That was it. One in 20 years.

I quit smoking on January 2 1995 - - back then I was at 2 packs a day and a carton had gotten to $20 and that was just to much money that I could use for other things - mostly beer and readying this thread you all know how that worked out - - =O8o