Any plans for a SOG event this season in Eureka Springs - Covid-19 permitting?

• Just got off the phone with the lady who handles group rates for the hotel here in Rogers/Bentonville. We have 25 King rooms reserved fro Sep 18 & 19. Costs is only $79 per night, normally $110. Breakfast will be included and will be hot if the state allows at that time.

https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/YS17K4 (This is the booking link) Group name is Slingshot Owners.

This hotel is right at the exit of I-49 and Central (hwy 72), close to Crystal Bridges and lots of twisties. We will not have vendors, just meet and ride.

We already have 15 interested so rooms will book fast. I can get more if needed but I went ahead and booked all the King rooms. Next rooms will be double queens.

The hotel rates here are about half the costs of hotels in Eureka and there are many great places to eat and/or visit. It's about a half hour from Eureka.

If you have questions you can contact me at dangerdarrell@gmail.com.

There is still the possibility of cancelling this if the state decides on new Covid policies.

• Trooper , we are looking into possible dates to get together either in Rogers and ride out from here (cheaper hotels) or in Eureka. VERN has offered to help set up. Probably no vendors, just get together and ride. Over 20 Slings interested already. I will have more info in the next couple days.

any thoughts on having another get together this year sir.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• Trooper , will probably be getting together soon but someone is planning a September event in Eureka. Not sure who. Patti saw it on FB. Some of us are going on our Epic Adventure from 9/16 - 10/10. About 4500 miles. Y’all are welcome to come. It will be a lot of fun.

• Just to let people know what’s going on with my SS right now. A lady ran into my belt sprocket last Thursday. She told the officer taking the report that “In AR it’s legal to turn left on red after stop!” He said “Yes it is, as long as someone isn’t in the intersection.”
    My local dealer no longer sells or works on Slings so I have to take it 90 miles away to a dealer in Ft. Smith for repairs. They have a 4 week wait list. Taking it down Tuesday so I hope to have it back by the end of July. The ins co has rented me a car until the work is done. At least everything will be working right for our Epic Adventure in September.

• Cowboy , I haven’t checked with the Tulsa area dealers since they are almost two hours from me. However, if they can get the SS fixed in less than 4 weeks it might be worth the drive. They are closed today so I will call them first thing in the morning. Thanks!

• Cowboy , I haven’t checked with the Tulsa area dealers since they are almost two hours from me. However, if they can get the SS fixed in less than 4 weeks it might be worth the drive. They are closed today so I will call them first thing in the morning. Thanks!

Do not wait for the insurance money, go ahead and order the parts and get started. It just might take you more than 4 weeks just to get the parts. It took me almost 2 months just to get the insurance money.

• Just to let people know what’s going on with my SS right now. A lady ran into my belt sprocket last Thursday. She told the officer taking the report that “In AR it’s legal to turn left on red after stop!” He said “Yes it is, as long as someone isn’t in the intersection.”
    My local dealer no longer sells or works on Slings so I have to take it 90 miles away to a dealer in Ft. Smith for repairs. They have a 4 week wait list. Taking it down Tuesday so I hope to have it back by the end of July. The ins co has rented me a car until the work is done. At least everything will be working right for our Epic Adventure in September.

Holy cow! Glad you are okay, pal!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Dropped the SS off in Ft Smith this morning. I already ordered the sprocket and had it shipped to them. Cheap Cycle Parts only charged $395 for the sprocket but said it will be 7-15 days to get the part. X/ Oh well. At least the dealer will be checking any issues with the bearings, etc. before the sprocket comes in.
    Tulsa dealer said 3-4 weeks before they could work on it so a 1+ hour drive to Ft Smith seemed better than 2+ hours to Tulsa.
    Jim Farabough hauled it down in his trailer with his new truck. Only problem was the air conditioner quit before we were out of Fayettville. Got a little warm today. Was 91 in Ft Smith. X(

• Dropped the SS off in Ft Smith this morning. I already ordered the sprocket and had it shipped to them. Cheap Cycle Parts only charged $395 for the sprocket but said it will be 7-15 days to get the part. X/ Oh well. At least the dealer will be checking any issues with the bearings, etc. before the sprocket comes in.
    Tulsa dealer said 3-4 weeks before they could work on it so a 1+ hour drive to Ft Smith seemed better than 2+ hours to Tulsa.
    Jim Farabough hauled it down in his trailer with his new truck. Only problem was the air conditioner quit before we were out of Fayettville. Got a little warm today. Was 91 in Ft Smith. X(

Annnd that’s a wrap on the new Ford a/c :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

If you want to go for a ride, just give me a call and I'll come pick you up!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Thanks WingShot . I hope the sprocket is all I need but won’t know for sure till they get to work in it.
    Someone on FB is planning a Eureka event. I’ll ask Patti to see if she can find out who it was and the dates. We are taking 4 Slings on our Epic Adventure. Leaving here Sep 18 and will be back 2-3 weeks later. Riding to Pikes Peak, Moab, Mt Rushmore. Y’all are welcome to come along.

• Thanks WingShot . I hope the sprocket is all I need but won’t know for sure till they get to work in it.
    Someone on FB is planning a Eureka event. I’ll ask Patti to see if she can find out who it was and the dates. We are taking 4 Slings on our Epic Adventure. Leaving here Sep 18 and will be back 2-3 weeks later. Riding to Pikes Peak, Moab, Mt Rushmore. Y’all are welcome to come along.

Careful how loud you say that 😁

• Careful how loud you say that 😁

Does that mean you want to join on the adventure, it’s only bout 4300 miles round trip from Rogers. We planning a terrific trip, heck maybe get to meet up with some of our friends in Colorado or California or Arizona. You know, meet in the middle.

Keep Three Wheels Down