MAGGIE VALLEY AUGUST 11-16 ?

• Trying to find out if Maggie Valley is a go. We called the hotel today to check it out and see if they had an update on what's going on. The lady said so far it is still planned but the governer is supposed to make an announcement in a few weeks. They are in stage 2 now and have had an uptic in covid 19 cases. If they don't go to stage 3 this event is off she said.

Jamesgn

• I am planning to attend, so if it’s just a group I am bringing sling 1 to try and chase Gerald around but if the rally happens I will bring sling 2 and all it’s new improvements I hope are ready by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• The way the numbers are looking, it's going to be until a vaccine is available before you see hundreds of people at the same place for any event or party. There's nothing wrong with that. Not paying for the event fees, a week in the hotel, meals and fuel leaves a lot more money available to do some more mods

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The way the numbers are looking, it's going to be until a vaccine is available before you see hundreds of people at the same place for any event or party. There's nothing wrong with that. Not paying for the event fees, a week in the hotel, meals and fuel leaves a lot more money available to do some more mods

That makes sense now that we have a vaccine for the common cold and cancer and aids!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• https://slingshotroadsters.com…hots-in-the-smokies-2020/

IMPORTANT UPDATE CONCERNING SSITS 11-16 AUG
    SLINGSHOT ROADSTERS HAS BEEN WORKING VERY CLOSELY WITH THE TOWN OF MAGGIE VALLEY TO ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL EVENT IN AUGUST. AT THIS TIME, WE ARE BEING GRANTED A LICENSE FROM THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA PERMITTING US TO HOLD THE EVENT AS LONG AS WE MAKE THE FOLLOWING STATE MANDATED CHANGES TO OUR EVENT TO REMAIN WITHIN THE GUIDELINES OF THE PHASE 2 STATE RE-OPENING REQUIREMENTS, LISTED BELOW:
    • ALL VENDORS WILL BE THERE DOING INSTALLS.
    • MEET & GREETS WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL BE PERMITTED TO TAKE PLACE.
    • DRIVE IN MOVIES FOR SLINGSHOTS WILL BE FEATURED.
    • CONTROLLED GROUP RIDES WILL BE ELIMINATED. WE WILL BE ALLOWED TO HAVE TWO AMBASSADORS ONSITE EACH MORNING BETWEEN 8 TO 8:30AM TO HAND OUT MAPS AND ASSIST PARTICIPANTS IN MAKING UP SMALLER GROUPS TO TAKE RIDES.
    • WE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PROVIDE FOOD AND BEER VENDORS ONSITE IN THE FAIRGROUNDS.
    • WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FEATURE BANDS & MUSIC.
    • WE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO HOLD A PARADE OF SLINGSHOTS.
    WITHOUT THESE CHANGES WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO RUN THIS EVENT. ALL ELSE STAYS THE SAME. THE FUN AND THE CAMARADERIE. BRING ALL THOSE SLINGSHOTS INTO THE FAIRGROUNDS, SHOW THEM OFF, SEE VENDORS, AND TAKE RIDES!!!!!!! TO REGISTER GO TO………… WWW.SLINGSHOTROADSTERS.COM/EVENTS WHILST EVERYONE CONCERNED WITH RUNNING THIS EVENT BELIEVE IT WILL BE A SUCCESS, WE NEED ALL TO BE AWARE THAT, SHOULD THE GOVERNOR OF NORTH CAROLINA DECIDE TO WALK BACK PHASE 2 OPENING THEN THE CHOICE WOULD NOT BE OURS AND WE WOULD HAVE TO BE CANCELLED.
  • I am not sure what I am going to bring yet. I really don't want to bring shirts and stickers and have to sit in the sun all day. I believe we are a large enough group that we can find each other. I don't do well in hot weather. I plump up like dough set out to rise.

I don't see what would be wrong with just leaving free cards and stickers at a few of the vendors booths and just let everyone have what they want.

• I am not sure what I am going to bring yet. I really don't want to bring shirts and stickers and have to sit in the sun all day. I believe we are a large enough group that we can find each other. I don't do well in hot weather. I plump up like dough set out to rise.

I don't see what would be wrong with just leaving free cards and stickers at a few of the vendors booths and just let everyone have what they want.

You mean you will at least ride a few miles each day, :thumbsup:

I will be hauling ass over the skyway one day and over to the gap another day. So whoever wants to tag along can,,, Ill make sure I keep a good distance between me an the next slingshot so the Covid doesn't jump on me.

Feel free to leave anything you want at my booth.

I'll be on flex fuel by then so I can start on my Grey Goose Race Juice and switch to civilian fuel at one of the stations in the hills.That way I don't have to bring a 55gal drum of fuel and a 5gal can in shotgun to refuel. I barely made it back to the grounds last year after our trip over the skyway.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Any idea how many SS owners will be there in August?

As much as my wife and I would like to meet other owners, we are thinking of cancelling. We live close enough that we can ride that area anytime. It was the rest of the agenda that enticed us to register for the event.

No parade???? Let’s see.... I was in a huge line of traffic last weekend. No one banned stop and go traffic.... I don’t think I can catch Covid while driving in a line of Slings. I guess we could rename the parade a protest and then it would be ok...

Stupid NC governor...

• Any idea how many SS owners will be there in August?

As much as my wife and I would like to meet other owners, we are thinking of cancelling. We live close enough that we can ride that area anytime. It was the rest of the agenda that enticed us to register for the event.

No parade???? Let’s see.... I was in a huge line of traffic last weekend. No one banned stop and go traffic.... I don’t think I can catch Covid while driving in a line of Slings. I guess we could rename the parade a protest and then it would be ok...

Stupid NC governor...

Riding is not the point except for those that never get to ride around the mountains. It is meeting the people, kind of like I use to do car shows for over 10 years from Indy to Daytona. Someone asked me one time why and I told them that I would bet them money if I went to any large car show in the country that I would run into someone that I know. The whole point is meeting new people with a common interest. OH! SURE, you still run into the ASS HOLE every once in a while but I can overlook that.

• Remember, if you meet 1 ass hole a day, you've met an ass hole. If you meet ass holes all day, you're the ass hole. And I meet them ALL DAY LONG!

All of the people that I have had the pleasure of meeting from all over the USA. I have run into very few ass holes. Most times you will know it within 5 minutes after meeting them.