What a great feeling!!

• Hey everyone, I'd like you all to meet Keith (in the wheelchair). Keith is a proud U.S. Navy veteran. He spent 11 years in the Navy, and loved every minute of it. As we all know, service to our great country, sometimes comes at great cost. Keith is a leg amputee, and to further complicate things, he is undergoing a complete knee replacement on his remaining leg, later this week, as well as his constant battle with PTSD. He can stand (has a prosthetic), but that's about it. In this picture, I'm on the left shaking Keith's hand, and my buddy Rob is holding his hand to the right. Rob is a semi pro bass fisherman. He met Keith last year at an event the Bassmasters community holds every year. It's a bass tournament for disabled vets. Rob participated for his first time, and was paired with Keith. This is a huge event. The local news covers it, and they get a good crowd on hand. They have an awards ceremony at the end, just like the stuff you see on TV. The emcee, a big stage, the works! Rob forged a friendship with Keith, and they stay in touch planning to fish together in this years event. Keith told Rob, he needed to get a power wheelchair, but could not afford one. He said his goal was to get one in the future. These things aren't cheap. Tough to get one on fixed income. Just so happens, I have one!! We got it for my Dad, but he never used it. It sat in our warehouse where Rob sees it when we store his boat for him in the Winter. He called me up, and said he could sell it for me if I was inclined to sell it. Talked it over with Terry (my wife), and another family member, and we decided to "donate" the chair to Keith. We bought new batteries for it, and Rob detailed the life out of it to make it gleam!! Again, it was never used. So, this past Sunday, our CT Slingshot ride got rained out again, so I decided this might be a good time to deliver it. I was not feeling great, came back from the Bahamas last Tuesday, and my ear drum exploded while we were landing at Bradley (wouldn't wish that pain on anyone). Popped some Advil, and Rob and I were off to the West Haven VA Hospital where Keith is. What an emotional high!! Seemed like my ear problems vanished! It was a great day!! All of you will be proud of me, cuz I drove the chair into the Main entrance where Keith was, and immediately went into a dizzying "donut", Slingshot style, right in front of the guards and waiting area!! Everyone loved it!!! Visited with Keith at the hospital for about 2 hrs.,talking, getting to know each other, and swapping our life stories. He's a great guy, and I've made a good friend. It was a special day, and I'm so grateful that we were in a position to do something like this! I'll never forget it, thanks for listening!!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Hey everyone, I'd like you all to meet Keith (in the wheelchair). Keith is a proud U.S. Navy veteran. He spent 11 years in the Navy, and loved every minute of it. As we all know, service to our great country, sometimes comes at great cost. Keith is a leg amputee, and to further complicate things, he is undergoing a complete knee replacement on his remaining leg, later this week, as well as his constant battle with PTSD. He can stand (has a prosthetic), but that's about it. In this picture, I'm on the left shaking Keith's hand, and my buddy Rob is holding his hand to the right. Rob is a semi pro bass fisherman. He met Keith last year at an event the Bassmasters community holds every year. It's a bass tournament for disabled vets. Rob participated for his first time, and was paired with Keith. This is a huge event. The local news covers it, and they get a good crowd on hand. They have an awards ceremony at the end, just like the stuff you see on TV. The emcee, a big stage, the works! Rob forged a friendship with Keith, and they stay in touch planning to fish together in this years event. Keith told Rob, he needed to get a power wheelchair, but could not afford one. He said his goal was to get one in the future. These things aren't cheap. Tough to get one on fixed income. Just so happens, I have one!! We got it for my Dad, but he never used it. It sat in our warehouse where Rob sees it when we store his boat for him in the Winter. He called me up, and said he could sell it for me if I was inclined to sell it. Talked it over with Terry (my wife), and another family member, and we decided to "donate" the chair to Keith. We bought new batteries for it, and Rob detailed the life out of it to make it gleam!! Again, it was never used. So, this past Sunday, our CT Slingshot ride got rained out again, so I decided this might be a good time to deliver it. I was not feeling great, came back from the Bahamas last Tuesday, and my ear drum exploded while we were landing at Bradley (wouldn't wish that pain on anyone). Popped some Advil, and Rob and I were off to the West Haven VA Hospital where Keith is. What an emotional high!! Seemed like my ear problems vanished! It was a great day!! All of you will be proud of me, cuz I drove the chair into the Main entrance where Keith was, and immediately went into a dizzying "donut", Slingshot style, right in front of the guards and waiting area!! Everyone loved it!!! Visited with Keith at the hospital for about 2 hrs.,talking, getting to know each other, and swapping our life stories. He's a great guy, and I've made a good friend. It was a special day, and I'm so grateful that we were in a position to do something like this! I'll never forget it, thanks for listening!!!

Awesome story - you are a great man... giving a blessing like that is what it is all about. So happy you could help a fellow Vet. God bless you brother! Thanks!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Great! As I cried reading your post, I was so happy to hear the out come. That was so heartwarming to see a Vet finally get a way to move around. You and your wife must feel so blessed to be able to give him something of value to ease his pain. As lrobbi stated, God Bless you all! It was wonderful to read something non-depressing for a change.