Help removing cat

• I’ve searched, but haven’t really came up with an answer.

I have a second entire factory exhaust setup a fellow rider gave me. Gutted the cat, and want to swap mine out.

Do I have to remove the plastic side panel, manifold, muffler, etc? Or is there a way to just swap the cat out?

It’s on a 2019, I have a pretty beefy spring puller.

• Just unbolt the 3 bolts on the exhaust manifold first and then remove the springs. To reinstall just barely start the bolts first and then install the springs. You will find it easier to use a ty wrap with a loop in it to help install the springs, it makes the springs a lot easier to install.

• Lots of guys here to help and some of us here to learn and have FUN....

You can't beat the advice the you will get from FunCycle

• I ended up diving in before even seeing your guys’ responses lol, thank you!

Also, very awesome to know with the muffler. He gave me a spare muffler as well so I might experiment with it and add a second hole like I’ve seen on a post from here.

Cat was pretty easy to swap out. I’m bummed though, didn’t realize until I got mine out, that this other one is missing a spring loop. It’s still installed (boy what a difference) but I hear a little raspiness and can’t tell if it’s from a leak or if it’s just because the cat is gutted.