Replacement Event for SSITR?

• With the news that SSITR has been canceled, who is interested in keeping the weekend available for a get together? I have talked to a few folks in the Colorado are and we think it would still be fun to keep the date open for those that want to have a vacation here in Colorado. The hotel is still honoring the discounted room rates...the only thing missing will be the vendors.

Pete Gena and myself are getting together this weekend to discuss details.

Tentatively looking at the same information for the previous SSITR event:

When: July 22-26th

7630 Shaffer Parkway

Littleton, CO 80127

Phone: 720-981-4763

Rate: $159/night +5% tax (I believe they are still honoring this discounted room rate)

Ride details to follow, but I have previously submitted ideas for SSITR and there are some amazing rides in the area.

Potentially looking at a group dinner (depending on COVID-19 state guidelines) at The Blue Spruce Brewery Or Lariat Lodge Brewery.

More details to follow.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

Edited once, last by Br4hm4 ().

• Looks like the event is a go at this point. We are just over 20-25 slingshots. I am waiting on the Events person at the hotel and at the Lariat Lodge Brewery to contact me tomorrow with some details. We have at least 1 ride leader being Mr Billy Gentry. Still looking for 1 other leader. I don't expect this to be a real formal event, but we will have at least 1 prize that we will be raffling off. All proceeds from the Raffle will go to charity.

• Well this event is a go! Pete Gena unfortunately will not be able to attend due to some family things...But Travis has stepped up to be a ride leader and his plan for a ride is going to be incredible! Billy Gentry aka The Colorado Slingblade is going be the othe rride leader. He has sent me 3 options for rides and I don't think you can miss any of them!

When: July 23-26th

7630 Shaffer Parkway

Littleton, CO 80127

Phone: 720-981-4763

Rate: $159/night +5% tax (Jeanette the GM has approved this rate, please let the reservation desk know this)

Ride details to follow, but I have previously submitted ideas for SSITR and there are some amazing rides in the area.

-- First ride will be 200 miles with 7 stops. I won't give away the details...but I have been in the area Travis is planning and it's some of the most scenic areas in Colorado.

-- Finalizing the choice for the second ride with Billy this evening.

These rides will be longer than other years, just due to not having the big vendors at the show, this gives you the opportunity to really see Colorado. Get some incrededible photo ops and Social Distance in the Rocky Mountain Region.

Potentially looking at a group dinner (depending on COVID-19 state guidelines) at The Lariat Lodge Brewery.

-- This may be an issue at this current time. State guidelines are not allowing groups of more than 10. So with that being said, they could not garauntee reservations or seating. I am still working to get this situated. Worst case scenarion, we can still go in smaller groups and enjoy beers and food!

This event is definitely going to be more free form vs others. Let's take the opportunity to get to know each other, hang out (w/social distancing in mind), and for those coming in from out of state...meet up with the locals to show you around.

As for my schedule...I still have to work so I will be up there in the afternoon of the 23rd and will be leaving on the morning of the 26th. I hope to catch up with each of you and can't wait for this make shift event to take place.

• Thanks Br4hm4, I'm not arriving until thursday night (23rd), but took off friday to ride and leaving sunday morning.

Are any of the rides going through RMNP and need a reservation, or are you guys just avoiding it due to the need of that and the congestion it typically has?

• Thanks Br4hm4, I'm not arriving until thursday night (23rd), but took off friday to ride and leaving sunday morning.

Are any of the rides going through RMNP and need a reservation, or are you guys just avoiding it due to the need of that and the congestion it typically has?

I dont' believe so. With the cost and reservation system, it's kind of a headache. The town of Estes Park right outside of RMNP is also a nightmare to navigate with a crowd. If you have the time or want to split off to check it out...by all means it will be awesome. But even living a few hours away I personally tried to avoid it. lol

• Yeah, understood and what I expected, but wanted to make sure. I've been through RMNP a number of times, just not in a sling.

I was up there about 4 years ago in the sling...nothing like going over Trail Ridge Road in the summer...and snow still being up there and Rams hanging out on the side of the road. lol

• Friday will be Billy and he may be going close to the park. I'll be leading the convoy Saturday.

If anyone has a brain fart brain fart , Drone! Couldn't think of what they're called. They could come in useful for pictures. I have a couple nice twisty roads to visit all paved and a few places to stop quickly for pictures. Weather permitting it will be gorgeous. So far no smoke in the air.

Had a little Fire in Evergreen this week. Thank you Lord it was put out due to some moisture.

• Br4hm4  Travis are we meeting at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Denver/Littleton in the morning, above says Billy is leading, but I don't have a contact.

I'm not staying at that hotel, I use IHG, still have points with them, so it's cheaper to stay there. I am staying in Littleton though, just 7 miles away.