Wireless security cameras

• Trump signs keep disappearing from my yard so I want to put up a wireless security system. I want something of high-quality video any suggestions?

Eric what's your address --- I need one of those sign before you get your security system... Be nice ride out and back --- little fresh Slingshot air.

• Both Ring and Blink are owned by Amazon. As such I feel they have the backing of a company that isn’t likely to just up and disappear. Over the years I have tried a bunch of camera systems where support just went away so now these days I have decided to go with Ring. I have 4 of their stick up cameras and just today ordered a 5th and also their video doorbell. My brother in law has Blink at both his home and at his work and loves them

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I’m not in favor of anything of mine being stored on the “cloud.” Who actually controls the cloud? What can they and do they do with all the pictures, videos, and 24/7 conversations they collect? Why do they give you a certain amount of storage free? Free gets you trapped into paying for more storage and forgetting about what they actually have stored. For you. ....right ...just for you Because they are so nice.

• I’m not in favor of anything of mine being stored on the “cloud.” Who actually controls the cloud? What can they and do they do with all the pictures, videos, and 24/7 conversations they collect? Why do they give you a certain amount of storage free? Free gets you trapped into paying for more storage and forgetting about what they actually have stored. For you. ....right ...just for you Because they are so nice.

This is the smartest thing I have ever seen you post ....

.... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• [quote='AllIn5450','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9306-wireless-security-cameras/&postID=312222#post312222']

Holy shit those systems are expensive.

I use Lorex

[/quote]

Yes they are more expensive than the cheaper quality camera and dvr boxes.
    You have to look at what quality camera your getting. Lots of cheaper systems out there. Get one that lasts and has a good company that will talk to you on the phone when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have 3 samsung cameras that store everything locally - and I love that even if the internet were taken down they will still be recording and saving video that will be there later

What I dont love is that being locally stored means that any bad guy can simply steal the backup and take it with them and then I have nothing.

So Bigdog please tell me how you can have security cameras that have any value if the information they store is only stored locally and can be taken by anyone who wants to defeat the video system?

Without cloud storage how do you keep the video safe?

As a side note about paying - Bing gives free cloud storage with its cameras and Ring is $3 a month for a camera or $10 a month for an unlimited number of cameras - and if you pay annually the $10 per month plan is only $100 per year - - - pretty cheap insurance if you ask me

• Look at WD my cloud. It’s a personal cloud backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

but if its kept at the location the cameras protect cant it be stolen?

I would love to set up a cloud system where the information were stored off site to my own drive - I could put the backup drive at my work, but I dont know of any wireless camera system on the market that is designed to work with such a system - - -

• Todays wireless cameras like blink and ring really do much more than you could ever get setting up your own system - motion alerts with the ability to live stream to from your phone, offsite storage so that data is there even if all the equipment is stolen - full encryption of data from the camera to the wireless router and also to the servers, 2 factor authentication ability option to keep others out - - making your own system that could provide everything these systems provide not using a service provider would be very complicated and expensive

one Blink or Ring camera is about $99 - and $3 a month and you are done and with Blink you dont even have the $3 part

• Costco.com has a set of three stick up battery cameras that comes with extra stuff thats only part of the costco package for only $249 - - its a really good deal as the cameras are normally $99 each

I would think that 3 cameras is probably all most people need