Throw Out Bearing

• Since our Slings have the same drive train as the Solstice I looked up a throw out bearing for an 07 solstice. There were two listed so I'm assuming one for the N/A sol and one for the turbo sol. Does anyone know for sure which one our sling takes? Common sense would indicate that since our slings are N/A they would use the one for the N/A sol but sometimes common sense and slings don't go together.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Since our Slings have the same drive train as the Solstice I looked up a throw out bearing for an 07 solstice. There were two listed so I'm assuming one for the N/A sol and one for the turbo sol. Does anyone know for sure which one our sling takes? Common sense would indicate that since our slings are N/A they would use the one for the N/A sol but sometimes common sense and slings don't go together.

The slave cylinder is the same as the Solstice/Sky with the 2.4L, the other part number is for the 2.0L turbo which has a shorter slave cylinder since the stack height of the clutch is taller. The GM part number is - 24249818

• I appreciate the invite but I already have the racing clutch and while I'm changing the throwout bearing I'm going to change motors and transmissions, and do some other maintenance while I have it torn apart.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I appreciate the invite but I already have the racing clutch and while I'm changing the throwout bearing I'm going to change motors and transmissions, and do some other maintenance while I have it torn apart.

You can't make a statement like that and leave us all guessing. So spill the beans bro

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• You can't make a statement like that and leave us all guessing. So spill the beans bro

I'm sorry! No secrets here, back in March Dave@DDMWorks came down to @rabtech's place and we put a new motor together for our sling. Since I've been nursing an issue with 3rd gear synchronizer for months I didn't want to install the new motor until we acquired a new transmission to go with it. Kyle D knew I was looking and suggested Bob @ Bullet Speed may be able to help. I contacted him and he had a trans but with the covid crap going on it took forever to get it shipped. They both( the motor and trans) have been sitting in the floor at the shop waiting on an opportunity to be installed. With the weather forecast for next week looking like rain almost every day we may go ahead and start the task.

The motor isn't supposed to be a HP upgrade as much as it's supposed to be a durability upgrade. It's the sandcast block vs the foam cast block that's in there now. Since I have a tendency to push my equipment a little harder than most it will give me comfort to know I can push it without being overly concerned about breaking it. If I should break it I'll have the old motor and transmission setting it the floor ready to drop back in and continue ridding while we determine what weak link I have found with the "better" combination.

The "other maintenance" is mostly just going over everything to see that it's still as it should be and to look for opportunities to improve. One of those things is the rear view cameras. I have planned for over a year to do away with the hideous factory mirrors and replace them with a couple small mirrors mounted directly to the spot where the factory ones are mounted. Then we are going to mount two cameras on the rear where the factory reflectors are mounted that will be displayed continously on a monitor mounted above the ride command monitor. We will finally be able to see what's behind us! I have one other small project in mind if time permits that has to do with reducing the low pressure area in the cockpit that causes all the dust and dirt to get sucked in. It would also help those people who have heat issues in the cockpit but we'll see how that goes and do a little write up on it at another time.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Ghost , are you gonna get Bill Martin to go help, supervise, hand out Root Beer and Burbon? You know he is the top rated supervisor on this forum. Sounds like a pretty long wrench day to me. Enjoy and be safe doing it, hope you got plenty of fans.

Most of it will likely take place in the evenings after work so the heat won't be as bad.

I'd love to hve Bill come supervise and hand out Root Beer and Burbon but this is going to take a few days and I can't afford that much Root Beer let alone that much Burbon! LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868