Defunding the Police

• after a lot of politicians go out of office they become lobbyists....we don’t need lobbyists. All that is ....is More corrupt politics....
    corrupt politicians should have longer sentences....lobbyists should be illegal...pretending you’re affiliated with one political party when you’re not should be illegal. If you’re running for office....every campaign promise you make to get elected will be held against you if you don’t do them....With jail time for each lie...If you can’t be an honest politician you should be in jail.

• after a lot of politicians go out of office they become lobbyists....we don’t need lobbyists. All that is ....is More corrupt politics....
    corrupt politicians should have longer sentences....lobbyists should be illegal...pretending you’re affiliated with one political party when you’re not should be illegal. If you’re running for office....every campaign promise you make to get elected will be held against you if you don’t do them....With jail time for each lie...If you can’t be an honest politician you should be in jail.

You know damned well that those two words can never be used in the same sentence! Shame on you!!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• your missing the point - - allot of the time the cop ends up shot because the offender just committed a crime or had a warrant and the cop wasn't even pulling them over for that- - if it was purely a traffic cop this might not happen and other non traffic cops could deal with that other crime later - - - - less risk to cops only wanting to give a speeding ticket or a fix it ticket - - - unknowns kill cops and make perps over react

people don’t even respect the police....so if you get a Parking ticket from joe citizen the ticket giver....he’ll be lucky he isn’t beat up or killed...

• people don’t even respect the police....so if you get a Parking ticket from joe citizen the ticket giver....he’ll be lucky he isn’t beat up or killed...

well - I guess we can all sit on our butts and say "meh that won't work" and then do nothing, or perhaps we can start trying new things and find out.

All I know is that it seems there is a great deal of friction between the people and law enforcement in many parts of the country and I would like to see things done that could reduce that friction - - if even one single cop gets to come home for dinner when he might not have before it sees worth trying to me.

Do you have any ideas?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• well - I guess we can all sit on our butts and say "meh that won't work" and then do nothing, or perhaps we can start trying new things and find out.

All I know is that it seems there is a great deal of friction between the people and law enforcement in many parts of the country and I would like to see things done that could reduce that friction - - if even one single cop gets to come home for dinner when he might not have before it sees worth trying to me.

Do you have any ideas?

there will be Some token changes made....quickly.....everything else will take time.... and nobody is going to be happy no matter what,....I’ll still be called a racist because I’m a republican....no other reason....but that will be ok....right? Changes need to go really deep and not just about The police.....They will still keep resisting arrest and running from the cops.

the police and the public need retrained in how to interact to keep everyone safe.

• I must agree that I too love living in a more rural area - - I really dislike big cities, never saw the attraction that some people see in places like NYC or San Francisco - - - I mean its okay to visit, but way to fast and hectic for me to deal with on a daily basis

I lived in Kissimmee FL for 21 years. 10 miles east of Disneyworld, 7 miles south of Orlando. Close to Universal and Seaworld, 50 miles west of the Space Coast. Like living in a damn ant hill. Siting thru 5 or 6 light changes to get thru and intersection. I hated every minute. My wife loved it. Then, along came Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne in 2004. She said, "Get me to hell out of here." That's all I needed. Moved back to my hometown, in the middle of corn fields and hog lots. When she complains about blizzards, I remind her that we have not had to run our generator in 15 years. And, we forget to log the doors . . . who cares?

• OK,... I didn't read every comment but I have to say,... this is the dumbest f'ing thread I have read. REALLY??? The person who started this,... OK, I'll be good. I don't care where you are from but cops ARE civil servants,.. WE serve and protect. Some cops forgot the serve part. In my county, people respect us because we respect them. We do deter crime have random patrols and talk to people where they live. Who knows better what's going on in your neighborhood then you. The people that want to shit on me or my deputies are the people that call us first when shit hits the fan. Guess what,... we respond,.. why? because it's my job and I'm proud of it and will give my life for it. Not looking for praise, just a thank you once in a while when things get bad. We are human and have feelings. I take cop bashing very personal. If a cop breaks the law, let the justice system deal with "them",.. not all. I'm out,.. and by the way,... stay safe,.. even the dip shit who started this thread.

• OK,... I didn't read every comment but I have to say,... this is the dumbest f'ing thread I have read. REALLY??? The person who started this,... OK, I'll be good. I don't care where you are from but cops ARE civil servants,.. WE serve and protect. Some cops forgot the serve part. In my county, people respect us because we respect them. We do deter crime have random patrols and talk to people where they live. Who knows better what's going on in your neighborhood then you. The people that want to shit on me or my deputies are the people that call us first when shit hits the fan. Guess what,... we respond,.. why? because it's my job and I'm proud of it and will give my life for it. Not looking for praise, just a thank you once in a while when things get bad. We are human and have feelings. I take cop bashing very personal. If a cop breaks the law, let the justice system deal with "them",.. not all. I'm out,.. and by the way,... stay safe,.. even the dip shit who started this thread.

Bro, take the time to read the thread... then respond... Everyone here thinks that defunding is the wrong way to go...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

To any police officer out there past or present " Thank You" I don't know how you do it! How the heck can any officer go to work day after day facing potentially dangerous situations knowing in the back of their minds the very public they are protecting is throwing crap in their direction!

This is absoulty beyond any comprehension. Stay strong, we need our police force more than ever.

You my favorite Yankee PoPo !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Edward Neal You are out of line and need to take a step back. Your reply does nothing for the conversation. You posted your opinion and he posted his. Let it go. rabtech I vote to close this thread or move it to "Politics Suck". It bears no fruit for the SlingShot community as a whole and only serves to divide the community.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Edward Neal You are out of line and need to take a step back. Your reply does nothing for the conversation. You posted your opinion and he posted his. Let it go. rabtech I vote to close this thread or move it to "Politics Suck". It bears no fruit for the SlingShot community as a whole and only serves to divide the community.

Thank You Ghost

• I would like to apologize - I was out of line and I have deleted that post. - And Yes rabtech please close this thread - - it has gone in a direction that I never intended and serves no good purpose

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• All I can say about this is I have had the honor of meeting Shatneyman and found him to be one of the most caring, fair cops I have ever met setting high standards for his department and fairness to the public he serves. For all cops to be persecuted for the actions of a few would put most anybody in that profession on edge. I haven’t talked to him but I would bet you cash you would be hard pressed to find anybody anymore outraged over the Floyd killing than him. Let’s take a breath and have a double 🥃🥃 !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it