Question about Disabling Traction Control and Electronic Stability Control

• You'll definitely want to know what's going on there. In my opinion, it's pretty important to know if they are on or off. The only time I've used it is to switch them both off when hitting a major rain squall - and maybe to atomize a little rubber.:grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Have you done anything with the dash as of late? I remember when I installed my head unit on my last SS the wires that go to the switch do not have a lot of slack. Perhaps, and slowly and carefully pull out the switch and see if the wires are still connected or damaged.

Just a thought.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• hey, I press my esp traction switch and nothing happens, any ideas? Is the switch broken? Traction control seems to be active but I can't disable it, switch does nothing.

I just tried mine repeatable while not moving. Nothing. Are you moving? I tried in motion and they both deactivated fine. They stayed deactivated at a stop or when I manually turned them on or I turned off the key. I have a 2017.

Edit: My initial attempts were in the garage with the key turned to ignition, engine not running. So it may be that it will deactivate with the engine running. I took it for a ride and it disengaged fine while driving.

• Yup, Ive tried it both with the vehicle stopped while the engine is on and running, ive also tried it with the key just turned on without the engine running, tried it in motion as well, my weekend to do will be to pull the switch out and see if the wires are still there, I had the stereo installed by someone else so Im not sure if it was because of that, I never messed with the traction button before the stereo swap. Ill report back this weekend. Hopefully its just loose wires.

• @G O just a thought? And this is way above my pay grade here but for the traction control to work it has to have a sensor. Perhaps the switch is fine but the sensors are bad…. For those of us with the early Slingshot years we all know that happened with the brake sensors as well.

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• @G O just a thought? And this is way above my pay grade here but for the traction control to work it has to have a sensor. Perhaps the switch is fine but the sensors are bad…. For those of us with the early Slingshot years we all know that happened with the brake sensors as well.

Thanks for the tip, oh yeah ive done a lot to the sling, Ive replaced the brake switches and the brake failure light went away, any idea on where the EPS sensor is?

• Thanks for the tip, oh yeah ive done a lot to the sling, Ive replaced the brake switches and the brake failure light went away, any idea on where the EPS sensor is?

I believe it is this black tube that runs along the wishbone but don’t quote me on this… like I said above my pay grade.

• My thoughts, and please don't hold me to it I'm not a certified auto mechanic & of course I could be wrong. Electric stuff will drive you batty! It appears your traction control and related sensors are working fine. If not, you would be receiving a fault code for any of the three wheel sensors or a red warning light on the dash tach indicating traction control or the Electronic Stability Program has a fault?

I use the words appears because electronic stuff sucks! Your issue appears you can't disable what is most likely working fine. I replaced my stereo some time back and there are plenty of wires down in that area with many opportunities to be pulled. Something that could go unnoticed for a long time until you decide to attempt to disable the system.

Edit:

Info note, have you ever asked for directions and the person says "It's right over there, but you can't get there from here" I have a feeling that switch is one of those.