Chemical Guys Issue**** Beware!!!!

• Hey guys,

Posting to see if anyone here maybe has run into this and or to warn others. Last year started using Chemical guys cleaning products. They seemed to work well and were priced decent. I had used them on my Truck and Car with no issues. Last Year I used it on my sling with 0 issues. Well wanted to just spray off the bike as it was covered with pollen and I am going riding tomorrow. Just soap and water and see the results. I used their pink soap. However The trim last wash I used their Silk Trim product. The Wash before that I used their Tire/Trim Gel but was not a fan so switched back to the Silk trim spray. I'm guessing either there was a chemical reaction between their 2 products or I recently just got a new bottle from Amazon of the silk trim spray and that is bad...Either way not happy. I tried to wash a spot with just dawn and water to see if it was maybe some kind of residue but no change. I detailed the entire bike and while wet or applying their product again over the trim it looks back to normal. My issue is I should be able to wash the bike with just soap and water with out doing a full detail and the plastic should still be black. Its a 2016 and is 3 years old. 5k miles the plastic was not discolored prior. I will see what their response is, no warnings on the bottles about using in a test spot ect... So if they can't give me a solution my lawyer hopefully will.

Warning to other if you use their products beware..........

• Hey guys,

Posting to see if anyone here maybe has run into this and or to warn others. Last year started using Chemical guys cleaning products. They seemed to work well and were priced decent. I had used them on my Truck and Car with no issues. Last Year I used it on my sling with 0 issues. Well wanted to just spray off the bike as it was covered with pollen and I am going riding tomorrow. Just soap and water and see the results. I used their pink soap. However The trim last wash I used their Silk Trim product. The Wash before that I used their Tire/Trim Gel but was not a fan so switched back to the Silk trim spray. I'm guessing either there was a chemical reaction between their 2 products or I recently just got a new bottle from Amazon of the silk trim spray and that is bad...Either way not happy. I tried to wash a spot with just dawn and water to see if it was maybe some kind of residue but no change. I detailed the entire bike and while wet or applying their product again over the trim it looks back to normal. My issue is I should be able to wash the bike with just soap and water with out doing a full detail and the plastic should still be black. Its a 2016 and is 3 years old. 5k miles the plastic was not discolored prior. I will see what their response is, no warnings on the bottles about using in a test spot ect... So if they can't give me a solution my lawyer hopefully will.

Warning to other if you use their products beware..........

That's definitely some type of chemical reaction or "etching." It doesn't appear to harm your clear coat, but only the ABS parts. I wonder why it didn't do the same to your splitter?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• ouch!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Dzemboc77 you shouldn't use anything with WAX in it on the black plastics trims, get yourself a trim restorer like Mother's back to black or Meguiar's black plastic restorer after you have done the "restoration" for normal care of the plastic you can use Lucas interior detailer it has UV protection so aside from making them look nice and black it will prevent sun fading.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Just food for thought: You will find quite a few plastic restorers out there. I personnally use Trinova Plastic & Trim Restorer. It is really good stuff and pretty expensive, but makes my plastic look better than new. However,looking at your SS, it may take paint used for plastic to bring back your original color. Good luck buddy!!

• I get there are plenty of plastic restorers. My point is using a product should not do this to your vehicle. It was black 3 weeks ago. See response. I guess BBB Complaint, Bad reviews and a call from my lawyer is due.... Also a Note is not a disclaimer. How can you sell a product that you have no control over the effect of Use ???? Isn't that the Advertised results of the product ???? Got about 15 bottles of Chem Guys going in the garbage tomorrow. Maybe Car maunufactures should start putting a note at the bottom of every car contract. Not liable for anything with the vehicle, Mechanical failures, damages and or non working parts after purchase. Good luck Chem guys.... this wont hold up in court if we even make it that far.

Hello Craig,

We regret hearing that you believe the Chemical Guys product damaged your vehicle. The results are not typical or characteristic of what's mentioned in your claim. Please see disclaimer on the product label.

Note: Seller makes no warranty, expressed or implied, nor accepts any responsibility for any direct or consequential damages beyond purchase price since seller has no control over users handling or effect of use.

Respectfully,
    Art

Chemical Guys
    Art Valentin | Customer Service Representative
    14108 S. Western Ave. Gardena, CA 90249
    Tel: (310) 674-8135
    Fax: (310) 988-1061

• https://www.amazon.com/Chemica…rim&qid=1591400048&sr=8-3

is the product

Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our customers love our products. We love our products, and we want to make sure you love them to

Uhh so your wrecked my vehicle I don't think thats satisfactory.

• New satin shine look for tires, dashboards, and more
    • Makes car parts look factory-new, not greasy or shiny
    • Finishes dry to the touch
    • Does not attract dust and dirt
    • Use on any interior or exterior vinyl, rubber, and plastic parts
    • Safe for engine bay covers, hoses, and components
    • Modern matte look for cars, trucks, and SUVs
    • Durable weather-tek formula lasts for weeks, not days
    • Restores and prolongs original color of surfaces
  • I use "CarGuys" plastic restorer on the Slingshot and my truck. It is a cream base applied with a sponge.

A Jeep guy turned me onto this stuff. It will make most any plastic part look like it was just purchased and it lasts.

Another "quick" plastic/rubber detailer that I use is "Carfidant" spray. This brings the plastic back to deep/dark with a matte sheen. My only complaint with this product is that it is water based. Should I get caught Slinging in the rain, you can see streaking on the windshield and adjacent body panels. Does not damage any painted finishes. Same happens with my truck. After rain, streaking appears below the mirrors.

• +1 for Car Guys plastic restorer. I have used it in my truck as well as my Tesla Model S when I made a rookie mistake with scotch guard. Amazing results. For cleaning and protecting the plastic on my sling and other vehicles I use Z1 Cockpit, for the vinyl I use 303 3in1.