• I definitely appreciate the invite! I am battling kidney stones and some other issues right now but if I get straightened out in time I could really use some time in the curves. 2020 hasn't been the best year for me so far. 3 surgies within the first 6 months and have to go for a small procedure Wednesday. All is well though, long as I keep waking up every day I've been given another chance to improve. LOL

Oh Damn I am sorry to hear all that. Some G force in the curves may help push them puppies out.

Hang in there and get well, if you miss this trip we will just have to do another one in you honor. Give my best wishes to your lovely wife. Hope to see both of you again soon.

Dave and I are planning another Track Day we will keep you posted

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ghost A few of us are heading to Maggie July 8 - 12

Not sure if you have any free time but I figured I would reach out to you just in case you were board with staying home and being safe

I'll be over a day or two. I will be slower than usual but it's because I'm missing a wheel.;)

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Update: Dealer replaced ECM for the first time then drove Slingshot for 45 miles and could not duplicate problem 65620. I will be in Maggie Valley with it next week and I will drive it till the wheels come off or it kicks the code again!!!!!!

I’m not a doom and gloom guy but it’s hard to be optimistic when others that have had this problem say this is not the final fix to solve the problem. My dealer has done their job and done exactly what Polaris instructed them to do in a timely fashion.I am out of town and can’t pick up Slingshot till Monday.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Update: Dealer replaced ECM for the first time then drove Slingshot for 45 miles and could not duplicate problem 65620. I will be in Maggie Valley with it next week and I will drive it till the wheels come off or it kicks the code again!!!!!!

I’m not a doom and gloom guy but it’s hard to be optimistic when others that have had this problem say this is not the final fix to solve the problem. My dealer has done their job and done exactly what Polaris instructed them to do in a timely fashion.I am out of town and can’t pick up Slingshot till Monday.

keep up the positive thoughts brother! Glad to have you back in the saddle again

Rolling in Wednesday around noon, see you when your schedule allows

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Slingshot didn't even get a tank of gas through it and it kicked the code again.:cursing::cursing:

Towed it for the third time. Left it at the dealer and they can worry about it.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Update: This is the email I sent Polaris on 7/12/2020 after I towed my Sling for the third time.

I would like to set up a conference call with someone at Polaris and the General Manager of the Friendship Motorsports as well as myself. I have towed my Slingshot for the third time in six weeks for the same problem. I want to make sure Polaris and my dealer are on the same page. I have received the email from Polaris saying they are doing the best they can from afar and I have been told at my dealer that they can only replace the parts Polaris allows. I took it from my dealer this week and didn't even get 300 miles on it and had the same problem. To you Polaris, I have collected much information from people all across the country in regards to this issue (the code 65620). They all say the same thing. Polaris sent cam sensors, Polaris sent an ECM, Polaris sent another ECM, Polaris finally sent the wiring harness and that fixed the problem. This was only after they were down 8 to 10 weeks with multiple breakdowns. Polaris you have access to much much more data than I do. Send the parts and fix the Slingshot. I am not bitter or upset. I do not need to be coddled, what I do need is results. I bought a machine and paid over $30k for it and didn't manage to get 16 thousand miles out of it. Not much return on my investment at all. I have went so so far above and beyond to promote the Slingshot brand. I have sent a few links to verify my support of the Slingshot brand. It'll be kinda hard to have a Slingshot Rally this year with my Slingshot on a trailer. I am not looking for any special treatment as I have NEVER asked Polaris for one dime for any of my events and have continued to promote the brand out of my pocket. I just want what everybody else wants that buys a Slingshot. I just wanna enjoy it.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• I would like to thank all my Slingshot brothers and sisters who were in these videos and especially Tim and Shirl for shooting them because after this email went to Polaris, they skipped all the steps in the middle and shipped the harness. Of course then I was told by my dealer that I would have to wait another week for them to start on it because the tech working on it would be on vacation all the following week. Now that was just funny at that point and I could do was laugh. Fast forward. Put 300 miles on it this weekend and no codes. After being down 8 weeks I am up and running.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• I would like to thank all my Slingshot brothers and sisters who were in these videos and especially Tim and Shirl for shooting them because after this email went to Polaris, they skipped all the steps in the middle and shipped the harness. Of course then I was told by my dealer that I would have to wait another week for them to start on it because the tech working on it would be on vacation all the following week. Now that was just funny at that point and I could do was laugh. Fast forward. Put 300 miles on it this weekend and no codes. After being down 8 weeks I am up and running.

Tim are you going to be in Maggie Valley next week?

• It is our intention to be there Wednesday through Sunday morning barring health issues with my family or myself or something happening with work that I cannot get out of. I will actually put in my request for the days off today and will likely get a reply within a day or two. Unfortunately with my job I cannot plan to far out.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• That is extremely well written - focusing on the problem and the solution with supporting data and no 'background noise'. It's communications like this that get results. Good for you and I'm glad to hear you're back on the road!:thumbup::thumbup:

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Tim are you going to be in Maggie Valley next week?

To the place where it all started? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!! I wouldn't have it any other way. It is raining like crazy and I am super busy. I can be done by Wednesday afternoon if all goes well next week. I will be over every day that I can as long as somebody is over there to ride with. I will be at the breakfast table each morning and will stay till dark.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• A wise man once said: "It's okay to have more than one toy and it is a mistake to get rid of the Sling"

That wise man was right. He knows who he is. Thanks.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads