Guess the Price

• Having owned many motorcycles over the years, I have always thought that motorcycle owners, like Slingshot owners paying way too much for accessories. I was always amused that you could buy an American Tourister or Samsonite hard side luggage for hundreds of dollars less than a top box for a bike.

The luggage pieces are much better made than than a Hondaline piece. I got tired of paying gold prices for tin parts, and always tried to find something that would serve at the purpose for far less. "Waterproof" form fitting luggage $600?!?!?!? Pack your stuff in a plastic garbage bag, stuff it into a cheap canvas duffel. $25. Chances are, the duffel bag will be thicker and have better zippers than the form fitting ones.

It's like buying Army Surplus or Prada.

• Coming out from WA, you'd probably want to go to Eureka Springs and save at least a day of travel each way. if time and mileage isn't an issue, Maggie Valley will probably have 5 times as many slingshots in attendance. Your choice if you want a huge event with lots of people or a smaller more intimate crowd so you can make new friends and rides with "like people" (as in people with similar riding styles and habits) MV has a lot of faster rides as well as "back road sightseeing rides.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So if I fly in, Maggie Valley takes a 2nd day? As in rental car from the closest airport? When I'm on rides it will be as a passenger so that is secondary to the human side. Thanks for your input!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• You just come to any and all and we all will welcome you. Doesn’t matter if flying or driving.
    Just come and meet all.

JUST SAYIN

You say that now. You haven't met me yet!!!8o

The wife and I flew in to Huntsville for the SOG homecoming and thoroughly enjoyed meeting the forum and other folks. This is reason 2 for buying the Slingshot in the first place. Reason 1 is hoonigan fun!

• SlingLow Fly to Minneapolis, I will pick you up then you can take my sling to MV. Sounds like a plan to me.

You know I'd get caught in the rain, right? Good to hear from you exharleyrider ! It's sure good to see you post and your offer is duly noted and greatly appreciated. There aren't many like you in this here world. Perhaps you'd want to make the trip yourself with me in the passenger seat??? You know, ditch the wives and roll bachelor style? Hmmmm?:P

• You know I'd get caught in the rain, right? Good to hear from you exharleyrider ! It's sure good to see you post and your offer is duly noted and greatly appreciated. There aren't many like you in this here world. Perhaps you'd want to make the trip yourself with me in the passenger seat??? You know, ditch the wives and roll bachelor style? Hmmmm?:P

Slowed down as you come around the South side of Lake Michigan and pick me up.