WORD OF WARNING

• Interesting - I was just looking at the - Lubricants, Maintenance and Service Products page of my Slingshot service book and it does not specify that I must use Polaris branded products although it does call it "angle drive fluid" - - - does anyone out there other than polaris sell "angle drive fluid"

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Technically isn’t it a transfer case

actually if you take the part number from the service book - 2879412 - and look it up on the polaris site the bottle says" transaxle fluid" and then lower down says "final drive fluid" 75w -140 full synthetic

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• ohhhh - - just looked at my actual owners book and on the maintenance page for the Angle Drive fluid it says:

"Always use SLINGSHOT Angle Drive Fluid or another SAE 80w-90 fluid for the angle drive"

look at this - - - it is very clear you do not have to use Polaris branded fluid

i-cVb2r86-X2.png

• Damn, Ed, you cut off the bottom of the page before I was finished reading... LOL ;)

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Actually, MMWA applies to Extended Warrantys also. If there is language in the warranty that tries to go around the MMWA, then that warranty is illegal and voided. You can google it or go to the FTC.gov to get more information.

Any warranty provider (OEM or 3rd party) cannot specify a particular BRAND of maintenance, only a certain industry specification (ie the 80W90 Gear Oil, not Polaris BRANDED oil). A good way to think about this is tires. Does any warranty require that you replace your tires with OEM equipment? If you use another brand, does that void your entire warranty? The fact that you have a pair of fuzzy dice (ie accessories) hanging from the rear view mirror void your warranty? Of course not.

Again, I would suggest speaking with an attorney about the very specifics of this case.

• Actually, MMWA applies to Extended Warrantys also. If there is language in the warranty that tries to go around the MMWA, then that warranty is illegal and voided. You can google it or go to the FTC.gov to get more information.

Any warranty provider (OEM or 3rd party) cannot specify a particular BRAND of maintenance, only a certain industry specification (ie the 80W90 Gear Oil, not Polaris BRANDED oil). A good way to think about this is tires. Does any warranty require that you replace your tires with OEM equipment? If you use another brand, does that void your entire warranty? The fact that you have a pair of fuzzy dice (ie accessories) hanging from the rear view mirror void your warranty? Of course not.

Again, I would suggest speaking with an attorney about the very specifics of this case.

3rd party Warranties do not specify any "brand" but they clearly state that the use of ANY aftermarket parts voids the warranty, ask how many people here(or any car forum) have had issues with their extended unless they had a good dealer willing to bend/overlook things a little.

3rd party warranties(service contracts) are a voluntary optional agreement governed by the terms stated in said contract and not federally mandated so they do not need to adhere to the same rules as manufacturer warranties which were made to protect consumer from defects and do have a plethora of federal rules to follow.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• looks like you found the smoking gun....or any other SAE oil

somebody was lied to....