Another hopefully interesting article about Downforce - Front Splitters, Diffusers, Flat Bottoms, Wings...

• the thing to remember is.....every example is on a vehicle designed to have a Steady running speed way over 100 miles an hour......So is it actually going to do anything on a vehicle that’s normally only going 50-60....

building a nose piece that large isn’t necessary on slower vehicles. When you’re running over 100 there is way more wind force going under the vehicle...wanting to lift it up.....

was the slingshot originally designed in a wind tunnel? If it was.....how much more can you expect to do to it to improve on it...

• My thoughts are the exact opposite. I think they did put the Slingshot through the wind tunnel testing and saw how sleek it really was. The version they ended up was changed to ADD more drag to keep the top speed a little slower since they had enough reasons for this to NOT be approved for sale as a true motorcycle and didn't want to have to defend it as a 150 mph sports car on one less wheel. (JMHO)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• My thoughts are the exact opposite. I think they did put the Slingshot through the wind tunnel testing and saw how sleek it really was. The version they ended up was changed to ADD more drag to keep the top speed a little slower since they had enough reasons for this to NOT be approved for sale as a true motorcycle and didn't want to have to defend it as a 150 mph sports car on one less wheel. (JMHO)

I thought that is why they painted so many RED to slow them down

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• The Slingshot may have seen a wind tunnel during design, but I don't think it could have had much influence on the aerodynamics given how much the hood flaps at higher speeds.:/

if flaps because it’s not adjusted correctly.....mine doesn’t flap.....the outer edges of the hood bounce when I hit a bump....but there is no flapping from the wind...

• the biggest aerodynamic adjustment you could make would be to lower it to an inch off the ground......good for smooth racetracks.....not good for the roads we drive on.....and that only applies if you’re constantly driving over 100 MPH....which we aren’t.....if you have a track only slingshot....then have at it....but anything else is a waste of time IMO....

typical NASCAR cars are Barely touching the asphalt....with ground effects all the way around...if we did that we would be grinding off plastic on every ride...

wings and things and ground effects won’t stop the hood from flapping...the changes you are talking about are only good for cutting Wind drag.

• if flaps because it’s not adjusted correctly.....mine doesn’t flap.....the outer edges of the hood bounce when I hit a bump....but there is no flapping from the wind...

Truth be told, the only reason yours doesn't flap is you need to be going fast enough for that to happen. Yours spends more time trying to figure out how to get 100,000 miles out of a rear tire, 50 mpg and other useless things when you should be out RIDING it like it was meant to be ridden

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE