How media treats 3-wheelers

• https://insideevs.com/news/426…dison-2-three-wheeler-ev/

This short "news" byte talks about Jay Leno and Vanderhall's 3-wheel electric Edison 2. Neat vehicle, cool styling, okay with all of that. The kicker comes at the end, "and it's just $35,000!"

How come the Vanderhall is "just $35K", but when the press mentions the Slingshot, it's more like "Holy crap! These fools want almost THIRTY THOUSAND! ...for the base model!! ...for a TOY!!!"

Just don't get it. Is this just media bias or what?

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• seems odd since both are only 3 season vehicles.....what does the vanderhall have that the slingshot doesn’t? I consider my slingshot a serious Well designed machine....It looks fun and very different......I’m not crazy about the design of the vanderhall.

when I see one, this is what my brain sees....

• I think it could be that when you see the Vanderhall, you picture this guy driving:

When you see the Slingshot you picture this guy behind the wheel:

The Vanderhall has a much more refined (read: boring) look than the Slingshot which gives it a completely different persona. It just doesn't create the visceral response that the Sling does. I don't like to disparage vehicles that don't appeal to me because somebody likes it and somebody owns it, but there is nothing about the Vanderhall that makes me want one.

One thing that caught my eye was when Jay casually rested his hand on the passenger side running board. Try that with your Sling! To me, the Vanderhall is a single passenger vehicle.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• There is another video of Jay testing the gas vanderhall with the owner of the company riding with him and the one thing I really noticed about that was that with both of them riding it it their inside shoulders were mashed together - looked like both of them were forced to lean away from eachother.

Seriously - it looked way to cramped for my taste, I mean I might fit with my wife, but forget any idea of a comfortable ride with a buddy

also I just dont like the idea of front wheel drive in a vehicle like this one of the things I enjoy about my slingshot is the ability to hit the gas and kick the back end out :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My local dealer sells both slingshots and vanderhalls so I get to see both of them up close when I drop by the shop. I really like the look of the vanderhalls and their interior fit and finish is much nicer looking than my sling. If you compare the interior and front of the vanderhall to a shelby cobra it is easy to see where they got their inspiration. The vanderhalls are just too small for me (6'2" and 220lbs) with questionable reliability and power (as shared by some of the shops that have dealt with them). My wife looks at the Vandehalls every time we drop by the shop and LOVES how they look (she is into the shelby cobra retro vibe that they give off). I'm waiting for the day that I get home from work and she has bought one for herself. I don't dislike the angular body of the SS, but if Polaris had one with more flowing body lines and a less utilitarian interior it would be in my garage the next day.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Don't get me wrong I love my slingshot but just looking at both of them from a normal person point of view, the VH looks like its worth that or more while the slingshot looks like it should be less , much less.

The VH is a piece of shit when it comes to performance but you have to agree that the fit and finish is second to none, at least it was the case when I test drone one a WHILLLLE back and they have further improved it now it seems.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• My local dealer sells both slingshots and vanderhalls so I get to see both of them up close when I drop by the shop. I really like the look of the vanderhalls and their interior fit and finish is much nicer looking than my sling. If you compare the interior and front of the vanderhall to a shelby cobra it is easy to see where they got their inspiration. The vanderhalls are just too small for me (6'2" and 220lbs) with questionable reliability and power (as shared by some of the shops that have dealt with them). My wife looks at the Vandehalls every time we drop by the shop and LOVES how they look (she is into the shelby cobra retro vibe that they give off). I'm waiting for the day that I get home from work and she has bought one for herself. I don't dislike the angular body of the SS, but if Polaris had one with more flowing body lines and a less utilitarian interior it would be in my garage the next day.

My dealer quit selling them. Vanderhall would not stand behind their product "BUYER BE WARE"

• My dealer quit selling them. Vanderhall would not stand behind their product "BUYER BE WARE"

Yep, I tell her the same thing every time she walks over to them in the showroom. For all the recalls, etc that Polaris has had on slingshots I still think they have a pretty decent platform under that body work.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)