What kind of car is this?

• yep thats it - you can see the exact same picture that is in the OP here gallery link

as a side note I dont know where the 30k price in the OP came from - they dont actually sell these and estimates if they were are more like 40k+

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• yep thats it - you can see the exact same picture that is in the OP here gallery link

as a side note I dont know where the 30k price in the OP came from - they dont actually sell these and estimates if they were are more like 40k+

add 100k for the repair and therapy that you will need, grand father had many european cars, peugeot and citroen were some of the most unreliable ones to put it mildly.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• add 100k for the repair and therapy that you will need, grand father had many european cars, peugeot and citroen were some of the most unreliable ones to put it mildly.

Renault was barely better than a Yugo. If I could only have one car, and they were the choices, I would take the Yugo. You can fix them. The only fix for a Renault is 5 gallon of gas and a match. (Actually, if you just let one set, it will rust almost as fast at it will burn.)

• Speaking of poorly made European cars, IIRC, when I was stationed in West Berlin in the mid-1970s, the only European car US service personnel were NOT allowed to own was the Citroen 2CV - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citro%C3%ABn_2CV. They reportedly were known to have the shift handle pop out of the dash like a clown car in old movies!

We initially bought a European spec 1970 or 71 Fiat 850 Sport Coupe that was a ton of fun to drive (when it worked)! We bought it from a Pan Am pilot who had stuck a sticker on it for SFO Parking in San Francisco. It was supposed to comfortably seat 4 people with smaller folks in the back, but we had 7 in it after a party held at one of my wife's Air Force co-workers. I still have fond memories of that thing (at least when it was running)!

Update - I used the term initially because in late 1975, after the Fiat passed on, we were looking at ordering a new car thru the PX Auto Service. I was looking at family-oriented cars and adding some handling options to them when I suddenly realized they were costing out to about what a Trans Am would cost, so I called my Wife at her USAF work site and told her I wanted to buy a Trans AM. I could hear laughter in the background when she responded, "What's a Trans Am?":D We ended up buying a white 1976 Trans Am w/red interior and the stock 400 ci V8, which was only rated at 200 HP and had a 2.41 rear-end meaning we could cruise all day at 100 mph with the engine loafing at 3000 rpm. Unfortunately, acceleration was held back by the cruising rear-end.

Edited once, last by BKL ().