Knock / Autoignition / Detonation / Preignition

• rabtech  Ghost  MACAWS  Dave@DDMWorks and everyone

Has anyone measured the air intake manifold temperatures (AIT) of any of the turbo kits?

I’m trying to get estimates of what temperatures are entering the cylinders between 15-24 psig boost levels. 15psig AIT I believe is a general safe area of boost pressure for preventing unwanted detonation. I’m wondering about what the AIT is around 24 psig boost to see how much the air temp is contributing to auto ignition.

Fuel Auto Ignition Temps

Cylinder Temperature Increase from Compression

CO2 Aftercooler Cooling

Water Spray Aftercooler Cooling

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• I went back and added this sentence to the post after i re read it....It sounds like I am trying to be a butthead when i read it back to myself. Im not i promise. I am just thinking you may be ahead of yourself worring about detonation right now.

Airborne are you asking about boost above 15psi. Noone uses boost over 16 or so psi on a daily basis. Using more than 15 to 17 psi of boost with even the stickest drag slick is almost impossible. Im thinking you may be putting to much time worring about pressures that you wont ever be using. I only stab into the 20's when im doing a run over a 1/2 mile and even then my drag radial will break loose at 90 to 100mph. Dont get me wrong..... im all for getting the most out of the equipment that you can. But i just wanted to make sure you knew that 16psi if its setup right willl be waaaaaaaay more power than you can keep stuck to the pavement....

Now if your going to be competing for 1/2 and 1 mile land speed records then yes you can use Meth and Water. But first your going to need way more fuel than 60lb injectors will give you. And your going to need way more fuel than the stock pump will give you. And there are a few other smaller things your going to need to do to stay safe above 16psi.

I just want you to make sure you get the base parts done before worrying about the other bits.

• rabtech

Thank you for response I really appreciate y’all’s knowledge and expertise. :)

Im picking up everything you are laying down. :)

I also reread your previous posts several times to collect the golden nuggets of information. Lol

I have the track clutch, Chevy Camaro limited slip differential, two big rear end drag radials in shipping. The 4 wheel kit has a 7” shorter wheel base and I’m going to move the radiator and other equipment to the rear for more traction.

Do you know any approximations of the air intake temps at 15psi vs 24psi boost?

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction