Nitto Invo and Rikin Raptor

• I just put Invo tires on my new wheels. Love the 200 UTOG rating as it should give good traction. What I don't love is the fact that my beloved new wheels by Forgestar only came in 19" and Nitto made a 345 for the rear, which fits perfectly. Sadly for me the fronts only came in 8 1/2" width. Along with the aforementioned 345 rear I ordered P235/35 for the front. Holds air fine but doesn't seat against the outside of the rim and I scuffed the lip setting them down to polish before installing on the SS. As you can see in the picture I have about 4/10's of an inch sticking out. $400 worth of tires not protecting the rims. Tomorrow I get the new P245's mounted to remedy my error.

If anybody needs new tires and has wheels no more than 8" wide these takeoffs are $250 or fair offer. In 250 miles, give or take, they ride and grip beautifully.

• I am running the Raptor all around since last summer, the second back tire that I just installed and I already have another spare. IMHO they are the one of the best tires that I have run for traction right along with the old General AS-03.

Which Raptor tire you running

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• I am running the Raptor all around since last summer, the second back tire that I just installed and I already have another spare. IMHO they are the one of the best tires that I have run for traction right along with the old General AS-03.

FunCycle

Is that Raptor an all season or a summer tire?

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• FunCycle

Is that Raptor an all season or a summer tire?

Its an all season from what I can find

here is a link to it on tire rack

if you plan on running it all year it would be better than a summer tire - - from what I have read summer tires can become very dangerous if you run them when it is below about 40 degrees - the rubber is not designed for that cold and not only will traction suffer, but it can even get brittle and crack

of course if you move over here then summer tires would be good all year 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Sure Edward Neal

But I just escaped from Southern California a few short years ago!

30 years in the great California Republic was plenty!

Oh, and THANKS for the tire info!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I stopped at the tire store today to see about getting a new rear tire....I got educated about performance tires and regular summer tires....

I was told the performance tires were made for track usage ....meaning being heated up and running them to keep them hot....that’s what makes them grip their best .....regular street running doesn’t get them hot enough or keep them hot enough.....so that could be the reason we aren’t seeing as much grip as we are expecting....From them....they have to be up to temperature to soften the tread enough......

so he’s going to do some research to find me several options that he feels will grip the best for our regular street driving.

He did show me a tire that comes stock on the 800 hp jeep thing. He would see if they make one to fit the rear...

• It is the ZR Summer tire. Simple Tire still shows it but not in the rear size anymore. That was why I bought 2 of the last 3 that they had.

do you have a link? - - all I can find is this ZR that they list as an all season Riken Raptor ZR all season performance tire

• do you have a link? - - all I can find is this ZR that they list as an all season Riken Raptor ZR all season performance tire

when my tire guy looked for it today he said it was coming up as a club item....meaning sams club or Costco...

I found it on tire rack...$120...

I want to buy it from my guy so I can get road hazard coverage through them...

read my previous post....a performance tire might not be the best choice for the slingshot ...we don’t drive it fast enough to keep it heated enough to soften the rubber ...

• when my tire guy looked for it today he said it was coming up as a club item....meaning sams club or Costco...

I found it on tire rack...$120...

I want to buy it from my guy so I can get road hazard coverage through them...

read my previous post....a performance tire might not be the best choice for the slingshot ...we don’t drive it fast enough to keep it heated enough to soften the rubber ...

keeping tires heated here in Palm Springs is not a problem - - its going to be 111 degrees today and the asphalt road surface will be much hotter and even in our coldest months our average highs are in the 70's.

But yes I do agree that for many people a performance summer tire would be a bad choice for much of the year, from what I have read they can become downright unsafe at temps much below 40 - 45 degrees

• I think they have done away with it like General did with the AS-03 tire. Simple Tire.com was where I found the last 3 and I bought 2 of them. The other tire sites did not have them.

So - are you saying this is not the same tire you have - Riken Raptor ZR

• This raptor tire is rated as ultra high performance

My guy told me it was a club tire only... check sams club or costco

yes I no that, but everything I can find on it says it is an All-Season tire as such it should be just fine in cold weather FunCycle says that the one he keeps recommending is a Summer tire - - I have looked and I can not find it any place and as such I am looking for clarification - - is/was there a summer version of this tire?

as to being a club tire - I have no clue, but i do know that Tirerack.com has the Raptor ZR All-Season in sizes to fit my stock SL both front and rear in stock

• I am in Maggie right now ,and I would have to look at the tag that is at the house. The tire just has a ZR on it, most times I do not buy all weather tires, I have had no luck with them

sounds good - I am interested to find out - - despite the fact that they say all season the tire I linked looks very much like a summer tire, If it is as good as you say and an all season tire it might be the perfect option for those who live in areas with colder temps.