CAN NOT Get Switchbacks to Work!!

• I am so frustrated its not even funny!

I ordered 4 halos, the two outers are switchbacks. I also ordered an LED brow, which is also a switchback. Tested just tapping into the blinkers, had the no-blink issue MOST of the time. Figured that would happen, so I went the relay route instead. One relay per blinker side up front, using the blinker wire as a trigger, obviously.

Sling off, everything was working perfect. Threw my charger on because I had the key on and off for so long, the battery was getting low. Get about done, battery is charged, I try the blinkers before sealing everything up, and BAM. Both sides don't work. Just flashes once and turns off until the key is cycled.

I am using relays, I am stumped as to how the system can be overloaded by just triggering a relay. I tried a 100 ohm resistor in line for the relay trigger, and the relay won't even click on.

We have a pretty big group meet and ride tomorrow, I need this finished asap, and now im nervous of if ill even be able to make it.

Any tips?

• They are just generic stuff from Amazon. (Stuff i've used many other times in everything but a Slingshot with no issues)

I have them hooked up the way a standard relay hooks up.

Power for the relay comes from my aux fusebox, grounded to frame, output to halo blinker input, relay trigger is using the Slingshot blinker wire tapped at the blinker. I don't have pictures, and I wouldn't really be able to get anything that would help. My wiring is mostly in looms, and out of sight.

I read that some people use a 100 ohm resistor, which I bought just to be safe and even tried adding that between the Sling blinker wire and relay trigger. It wouldn't even trigger the relay with that.

• I don’t remember if I used a blinker relay or a regular relay 🤔

Those are aftermarket Jeep Wrangler tail lights...

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• When I tried the resistor, I just tried it on the trigger side. It wouldn't even trigger. Wonder if it was possibly a bad resistor, but I didn't try another one.

I figured out the solution. I added the front OEM blinker to the relay output as well.

Just triggering the relay and OEM front blinker was too much for the stock flasher to handle. ONLY triggering the relay and rear blinker, it worked just fine in any mode. (Key off, hazards on, key on blinkers on, engine on blinkers/hazards, etc)

So for anyone in the future who might look into this:

Regular 5 pin 30/40a Relay:

Pin 85: Ground

Pin 86: OEM blinker feed

Pin 87: Battery or fusebox (12v)

Pin 30: Output to LEDs/switchbacks/Auxiliary blinkers/etc

• I don’t remember if I used a blinker relay or a regular relay 🤔

Those are aftermarket Jeep Wrangler tail lights...

Do you have a build thread or anything? I wanna see more pictures of that thing! It looks interestingly cool with the rear plastics gone.

• bdye

She is still a work in progress...

Got the DF Project 324 4 wheel kit coming in a few weeks...

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• bdye

She is still a work in progress...

Got the DF Project 324 4 wheel kit coming in a few weeks...

Dude! That is an extremely ambitious project for a first effort!8o

Does that machine have a name? I'm not big on naming my vehicles but that is screaming for one.

Frankenbeast?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• SlingLow

Her name is “America”!

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness!!!

• That. Is. Amazing.

Making me want to go out in the garage and rip my plastics off. I don't think I could do it just yet, but if some of it were to ever get damaged or something, i'd gladly rock a naked look like that. It looks so damn cool!

• I was planning to make a Trike from scratch because Kit Cars (4 wheels) were illegal in Texas. This was before DF Kit Cars pushed Texas legislation to get Kit cars legal in Texas again 🤦‍♂️

Then I saw this image on google for the Polaris slingshot and said, “that will save me some time!”

this was me coming home from the dealer...

This was my ride the next day... lol

last year it had about 1,000hp hybrid gas/electric drive train. But I did not like putting $14,000 electronics in the rain. And it was a dangerous bomb 1/2 Mega Watt, sparking DC motor next to gas tank.

Those black hoses are 4/0 diesel locomotive wire! Lol

• You get a lot of questions, and it's a very interesting build. My advice is go into the Builds menu here on the forums and select My Build and start you a thread. Break them up into subjects using multiple articles. This way, you can link people to your articles for specific components/projects.

• Thank you wokka!

Appreciate the advice!
    I’m still new to the forum realm... lol